Masters Running

40+ and Beyond- On the Run w/e 11/22 (Read 704 times)

jfa

Kevin, feel free to post here no matter how much or little running you're getting in. We don't mind much. Hope your parts get to feeling better.BTW, did you see the survey of the healthiest states in the country.NE has like 5 in the top ten.NJ is 32nd.

Slooow 4 yesterday. Probably a sloow 4 today.Then just one mile each of the next two days to stay loose.Weather for race day looks about perfect, 55* and cloudy!

Arla and Leslie are making me want to go to California.

Ooh, Joe!  Soon!  Soon!

Hey - I got to witness my first hooker pickup!  I tried to get a picture for you all, but my phone is slow.  All I got was an open truck door and possibly an arm.  The truck was stopped and gone in all of 10 seconds, literally. There's another chick out here workin' it, though, so maybe I'll get another chance.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

I got my 6er in this morning at dawn in IRC. Dessa went half of the way, she took me for a little ride when a cottontail jumped up in front of us.  I went to bed before 9 last night and woke up feeling good, throat not so dang sore, and the run went real well. I need one good long run and I can cruise into taperdom.

more later

c yas

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

I went to bed before 9 last night and woke up feeling good, throat not so dang sore, and the run went real well. I need one good long run and I can cruise into taperdom.

Nice! 

Joe - Good luck this weekend!  Go,  Marathon Joe, Go!

Whew!  What a storm that blew through here during the night!  The wind was really starting to pick up by the time we left from Bonkos (Bunko) last night, and about 4:30 this morning, it sounded like someone was standing outside our bedroom window with a hose going full blast on our window.  I was soooo happy today is a rest day.

It was a restless night, though.  One of my kitties, Goomba/Goofball got into a fight at some point yesterday and obviously wasn't feeling good.  Regardless of the fact that I left a note for The Hub to keep him inside, he cracked our slider when he got home (like we always do so the cats can come and go), and Goofball got outside (probably sprinted out 'cause The Hub had the music blaring when I got home last night and they hate that).  He was holed up somewhere and didn't come home 'til around 4:30.  I hate that!  Even though we leave our garage door cracked so they can come and go, and we have some beds arranged for them in the garage, I just can't sleep when they all haven't been accounted for before bedtime.  Anyway, he's off to the vet this afternoon for a check up and to get antibiotics as a preventative measure against an abscess.

Have a great weekend folks ~

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Joe, go get em this weekend!!!  You are as prepared as can be, and now your job is to enjoy the heck out of the experience.  Can't wait to hear about it.
            Progress Trumps Pefection
            stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Leslie--the things we go through for our kids   That's one reason I'm glad both of our cats are indoor.  Maybe not entirely fair to them, but even peaceful suburbs aren't really safe.  the last time our old one was an outdoor cat, she was gone for 3 days and showed back up on our front porch with a broken pelvis and a dislocated tail. $3K and 3 months later, she was (almost) good as new and hasn't been out since.

Joe--Have a great race this weekend.  You've banked a lot of good training and you'll do a fine job.

r2--sounds like the crud might finally be on it's way out?  of course, there's nothing like breathing corn mold to help along a cold or flu.  I've heard those called deer fartleks by other dog runners.  Guess bunny fartleks have about the same results.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Stumpy - Deer Fartleks - Ha!!  I know exactly who Goof scrapped with.  It's Yellow Kitty, the cat from up the street who has decided he'd rather live at our house.  They never got him fixed.   Our vet, however, said they'd provide me with a voucher for a low-cost de-balling, which I'm going to set up for next week.  Hopefully that'll curb his aggressiveness as he's been going after another neighbor's cat - who has also decided he likes our house better - who is just a sweetie.  If neutering doesn't work, YK will have to be found a new home/neighborhood.  His "owners" (and I use that term very loosely) probably couldn't care less since he stays at our house 99.9% of the time and no one's come looking for him.  Aggressiveness aside, he's a really cool, sweet cat, but I won't stand for him terrorizing my crew.

Hey Joe - Did you know that Tramps from the Daily is running the Philly Marathon this weekend, too?

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

jfa

a low-cost de-balling

Ouch ,that sounds painful!

A few RAers are going to be there.Sounds like perfect weather. My bib # is 6313 if you want to give it out over there. I'm going to join either the 4:10 or 4:00 pace group.I'm planning on hanging with them for the first half,and hopefully move up and get a sub-4. I learned my lesson last time not to get too up or down about my goal times. It will be the first time I have run a course twice,so I know what to expect. DW and I have a hotel room about 1/4 mile from the Start/Finish line so that should work out well.

Thanks for the Well Wishes, I feel really ready for this one!

Queen of 3rd Place

Joe - unless something goes terribly wrong (I guess that's the problem/appeal with a marathon...) you've got sub-4 in the bag.

Leslie - hooker sighting! What fun! I always like to play "spot the hooker" when in Vegas.

Jim - glad to hear you're feeling lots better - and just in time to bag that final long run, cool!

Took a break yesterday, reluctantly listened to the legs. Turned out to be wise, just didn't feel 100% all day, felt like falling asleep on the drive to work. Today's another day!

Have a good weekend!

Arla

Ex runner

Joe, I'm really excited about your race.  Relax and let it all come to you.  Then when you feel it......go get it!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

Joe have a great race!! You've done some great training there, you'll do great.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Ultrachick

Kevin, feel free to post here no matter how much or little running you're getting in. We don't mind much. Hope your parts get to feeling better.BTW, did you see the survey of the healthiest states in the country.NE has like 5 in the top ten.NJ is 32nd.

Slooow 4 yesterday. Probably a sloow 4 today.Then just one mile each of the next two days to stay loose.Weather for race day looks about perfect, 55* and cloudy!

Arla and Leslie are making me want to go to California.

WooHoo!  VT was voted #1 Baby!  I'm really not in this good of a mood-actually have had a sort of yucky day-or one with lots of ups and downs.  Down side-not looking good for J---and I getting back together because of me being me, started my day with a couple nasty grams from....Up side-ran 4 miles on the treadmill (it was pouring here this morning) pain free! (except for nagging hamstring injury), got hair done so I still look younger than I am, got silly ethernet cable so DSL is up and I'm back online.  So I'm looking at my first real weekend alone 'cause the kids go with their Dad-lots to do so hopefully don't fall into pit of despair.  Enough about me...

Good luck Joe!!!  Leslie-get that 50m week ring girlfriend!  Arla-nice PR! worth the DOMS Jim-feel better soon!  Hi to everyone else!

so back to me....have a good weekend everyone!  Gotta drop the boys off at the school dance and get some homework posted.  Kelly

If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

Top 'O the World!

GOOD LUCK JOE!!!.... & you can just stop by CO on your way to CA!  & btw: we have a few ladies from the GSP running Philly this wknd too - I lost em in the Monkey shuffle for a bit...

Killing time in the "business ctr" ...ssshh, dead quiet here today...hotel will be brimming full by Sat eve!!

Hey Kevin! Great to see you in here!

Jim ~ Glad you're feeling better! You're right, of course, we'll all have a good time in Vegas! (2 weeks! YIKES!) sounds like Arla has a fun "game" for us to play there!     Who's babysitting yer passive little girl???

{{{Kelly}}}  vent all you want girl! We're here for you!

Where's this "healthiest state" survey thingy?? Cause I thought CO was ranked "least obese" by the statisticians....hmmm

Hey Carol! How's Scooter doing?(or do I need to read further back?)

Hey Leslie,  Ev...& everybody else!

Spent part of yesterday kicking around in the fitness ctr....60 mins stationary bike, 10 mins stairmaster, 20 broken mins on the dreadmill - repairman interrupted, then guest  (I have to give it up if a guest needs it). various humorous sets on the various weight machines   I prolly oughtta do a bit of that more regular like....all of which contributed to a pretty slowish 5 miler near the mtn house w/a seriously overweight & outta shape Misty dog this morning....could've used Yak Traks in several spots...had to take a kazillion nano-second potty stops...& watched her closely for the necessary walk breaks...all in all, I think she did well - since I went real easy on her chubby butt! & she was OOOOH so excited to get to go! Smile Had no deer fartleks - Thank God!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

flatland mountaineer

3.1 w/ Dessa the tempo queen but no bunny fartleks . Lots of traffic out there but everyone was well behaved. Long Run might get ineresting to get worked in, might have to shuffle it around a little to get it in. I was planning on doing it tommorow but they threw snow in the forecast for Monday so looks we like we are working Sunday. We just need 3 days.

more later gotta Run

just back from a nice 6er.  45F...nice!  Go Joe.  Good morning run with Dessa, Jim. Ultra, VT voted number one in fitness....I bet you had something to do with that!  Stump....hey.  Leslie, low cost de-balling.....I hate when that happens.   Hey Mtn...  Carol, how's the swimming going?  Gotta get my long run in tomorrow early a.m.  The 'boys are playing at noon.  Arla...you and Leslie hooker spottin'.   I guess I've nevr seen one....You two make it sound like so much fun, maybe I should start lookin'.

Going to give early Thanks at my nephews today.  Latr.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM