Masters Running

Sunday Sept 13th - Where is everybody today? (Read 330 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Teresa and Bill, in Sedona you have to visit the crystal shops and get an aura reading!  We went there in 2007 for spring break, and I swear it's more Boulder than Boulder!  The red rocks are really beautiful but the town is kinda overrun.  If you get out on the trails you don't see too many folks, at least.

More nice long runs for Bill, Perch, Karin, Holly, Sarge, and SloHand.

Helen, congrats on your 1st AG win yesterday!

Amie, get well soon!   Your marathon is next weekend, isn't it?  You're right, it's all about who shows up on race day. Today I was 1st out of 3 in my AG, and 31st out of 48 overall.  Last year, I was 10/13 in my AG and 113/147 overall.  It looks like 62 folks switched over to the new 13K distance, but still the total numbers were way down from last year.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Top 'O the World!

Congratulations Carolyn!!!  Don't sell yourself short, you really have been getting faster/stronger!  Good job!

rest day for me....+ company picinc & stuff...

Have a great Sunday everyone

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        Good evening, gang!

Carolyn - congratulations on the AG win - a geode slice is too kewl!

dg - you go girl - 18+ miles - yeah!!!

Humidity returned today - just in time for the long run.  63 degrees when we started, and 70 by the time we finished -fortunately, it was overcast for most of the run.  20 miles @ 10:06 and 161 AHR. 

DH and I ventured to Lyman Orchards in the rain yesterday.  We were surpised to find peaches still available, and we munched our way through the Macoun and Honey Crisp apples.  Sure can't beat an apple straight from the tree.   I have a recipe for apple cake baked in a cast iron skillet that I'm going to try....after we finish the Lyman blueberry pie that we picked up yesterday.  

Good night all! 

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Renee the dog

6 recovery-paced miles tonight...nice running out there today folks! 

Congrats to wildchild with the !st in AG!  Oh how exciting!!!!!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Carolyn - Congratulations on the AG!

dg - Great run to you.  You are kicking butt.

Holly - You're not going backward in your progress, but darn if those wacky runs don't make you think so once in awhile.  Your strong running always amazes me.

Breger - We were in Sedona a few years ago and loved it.  Were there around Christmas, and got to participate in lighting the hundreds of luminaries that were laid out.  Plus, one of the condo complexes has a contest every year for decorating their yards.  You walk through then vote on your favorite at the end.  It was a lot of fun.

9 road miles this a.m. with a few short power walking breaks.  Legs were still tired from yesterday.  It was a beautiful day today, until we finished thoroughly watering our yard - then it decided to rain and it hasn't stopped.  Figures.  If we hadn't watered, it wouldn't have rained.

The Hub is now out painting (he's a budding artist), and I'm hanging while dinner's cooking.  Feels like it's going to be an early night tonight.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

wildyn - nice consolation prize indeed. 

maybe leading the way for other goddesses too <<<(tammy/tammy)>>>

I wonder if the PR Queen won her 10K AG yesterday too? <<<(iiiiiiiiiiii)>>>>

ps - hope your camera gets some photos while it's up in Erikaland.

Sounds like Erika is still planning on the the ultra Equinox first-time 50K add-on to what was constructed as toughest marathon course possible by two crazed x-c skiers up in the northland in 1963.  

There must be even crazier crazies up there now. Hope erika, and rs, are in top shape for their big events of year.  However, for whatever rhyme or reason would anyone ever think of offering a 50K option?

God Bless you Erika.  Please send me a text when you qui. . . I mean when you finish.

As you know, it's an honor just to be able to do ten miles on that rugged route.

Up to the eighties today but cooling Puget Sound breezes perfect for the annual Salmon Cycle.

However, after 5 pretty solitary miles on the way to the first aid stop, I figured out it was next weekend.  I was already suspicious when they seemed to have moved the registration somewhere I couldn't find at  the usual start.

Increasingly heavy rains thwarted the Umps tryin' to finish Saturday night's game for Ichiro and the Mariners in the ninth inning.   It looked like what we were having here last weekend with the butterflies were up on Mt. Rainier trails.  Hope mari had an underwater camera.

===========

23 yo punk tryin' to beat me in the final sprint in Labor Day half mary.

It worked. Smile . . . but if the chip timing'd've had a starting mat too,

I'd've been ahead by 59 seconds. Sad . . .

unless he was more than the minute it took me to cross the starting line.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Way to go, Tet, nice HM there. Let the young punks do what they will, you know your overall time was better. And yes, I'm still doing it. Ten miles on that course? Today I did 13... Same run as last Saturday, but about 2 minutes slower. Why? Well, yesterday I ran the 5 mile out-and-back whereas last Friday I just ran an easy flat run. And today I ran with my friend who is coming back from a stress fracture. He's trying to get his fitness back and wanted some challenging runs, so we ran together yesterday and today. I think we did more miles this weekend than he's done in any of the last 3 full weeks! So, we took walk breaks as planned, but got to talking so much we missed our "start running again" goals a few times. That's ok, it was still a great workout. 13 miles, 10:02 average pace (but that includes 13+ minute miles up the hill and several sub-8 on the way down, truly an average pace!).

This week will be just easy recovery stuff, and I hope at least two pool running sessions if not three.

Congratulations on the first in AG, Carolyn! I agree with others, no need to make excuses. The race was what it was today when you ran it, and you ran it well.

Holly, when race day comes, you'll do great. Of that I'm sure. Your training has been excellent, even with a bum week here and there. It shows your human. And yes, the snack at the end is what it's all about.

Today's run:

and last week's run (filling up the end of the daily with graphs!) this week my friend had to walk just past mile 10 so we did for a bit... I didn't really want to. (Gotta love the Garmin... these are the exact same runs as far as route, but the elevation is a bit different top and bottom):

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

erika -

if it wasn't Fairbanks, there's probably no place in the world a stress fracture would be taken out on the Equinox.  We always hear about the first time marathoners who vow never to run another one again but Equinox makes it true, and we both know some who have not only never run a marathon again but quit running altogether.

You sure more than make up for all of them though.  

===============

ETA - I just looked at the topo. 

Please have Mr. stress fracture check with the doctor as soon as possible.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Tet, his sfx happened this spring. He's all healed now, has had the bone scan thing and everything. Doc cleared him to start running again 3 weeks ago, and he's been doing about 18 mpw the last couple. That's why this weekend's runs pretty much beat what he's been doing per week, and yes we were careful and took it pretty easy. Thanks.

Maniac 505

Tet:

Is Salmon cycle next weekend?  If the weather is OK I'm in,  want to join me and include the Perkins lane finish?

If the weather is so so I still might do it on my commuter?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dave, thanks but man, don't go erika on me.

I know that Perkins Lane drop down to the Sound from the top of Magnolia at mile 45 or so and, after trying to follow you up from the beach over at West Seattle at mile nine up to Delridge at mile 12,

I couldn't do Perkins on a motorcycle, . . . if a motorcycle could even do it.  

However, let's start together or maybe time to meet over at Seward Park

and ride to the salmon locks together.

- jon

ps - erika, You know I wish you the best and I would be doing it too if I were you.

However, do you think you can leave the gramin, et c. home or at least

have no goal but to finish. 

Are there any AG'er nemeses entered or are you the only one craz. . .

I mean tough enough?

evanflein

Dear Tet, my goal is to finish, as any finish on the 50k distance will be a PR for me. I'd love to do it in under 5:30 (figuring I can do an "easy" Equinox in 4:30 and add an hour for the last 5 miles), but if it's not happening on that day, I'm good with it. And look at it this way, not only will this first 50k be my PR, any other 50k I do will undoubtedly be another PR because I will definitely pick an easier course for it!!  And thanks for your concern, I truly appreciate it. But be assured I know this course by heart, having run the race 4 times and trained on the course countless times since 2005. The only unknown is the new 5 mile extension, and I plan to walk that this week with a cranberry bucket!!

Maniac 505

Jon:

we will talk about the salmon cycle.  If I am on my road bike I will do perkins.  if I am on my commuter I will probably do one of the much shorter loops.

How are you going to portland?  my plans have swung all over the place.  but I will take an early morning amtrak to portland (7:30 I think?)  and something like a 6:30 amtrak back to seattle.  will you be on either of those?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dave - I've amtracked down to the PM in the past and'll join you if tentatively planned ride doesn't materialize.

see you next week, . . or on the PM's out-and-back.

SteveP

Sweet run Deb!!!

That's a kewl picture Tet.

It sounds like a great work out Erika

1.5 mile with DW and the dog.

Lots of evidence of coyotes about. Tag was very distracted. As small game season opens in a few days, we need to get the dog hunter's orange running gear.

DW and I started seperating our irises. Holy smokes! They're as bad as rabbits!

SteveP