Masters Running

Birthday twins and homeward on 2/8/24 (Read 36 times)

Henrun

Happy Birthday to the birthday twins, Marj and Holly🎂

Leaving the heat of Florida for the winter of Massachusetts.

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks, Henry, and Happy Birthday Marj!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

coastwalker

Mornin' Masters.

Thanks for the start, Henry. I hope you and Marj have an uneventful trip back home.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Holly and Marj! Enjoy the day off, Holly.

Deeze, I didn't register for the Maine Coast Half in May, but I did register for the Wallace Sands half on May 5. I hope I'll be ready by then.

Regarding retirement towns: I'm perfectly happy right where we are. I don't need any stinkin' list to tell me where to go - plenty of people already tell me that all the time!

I started yesterday with 60 minutes of core and weights work instead of venturing out in more rain. I finally got out for a 1.2 mile walk in the afternoon, which was the only time I left the house all day. My non-profit has so much going on right now, and we're hoping to get some good news today which, if it comes through, will mean even more work for us.

I got a decent night's sleep last night, but also woke up early, so I was out the door by 3:50 this morning for 7.25 RW miles in 36° temps under clear, moon-free skies. My legs are still fatigued from earlier this week, so it took me a mile or so to get loose and up to speed. After that, it was a pretty good workout, which I followed with 25 minutes of stretching and some balance work.

Have a greta Friday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

mrrun

Happy Birthday Holly - have a wonderful day off - lots

more fun then watching people in an airport

Tramps

I'm skipping my ride to get barn work done today, while the sun's shining.

Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Happy March birthdays for sure savoring

the extra month to the year's first birthday twins.

marj - having celebrated several of mine on the planes,

flight home to get ready for the next one sounds great.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

C-R

Happy birthday Marj and Holly!

I agree with you Jay. We like our town and will spend some colder weather in a warmer place. Unsure where but no snow. 

We are in TX visiting our son who is in pilot training and for an air show tomorrow. That means treadmills and hotel peleto   Got a good double workout this morning and for the first time in a long time managed 8 hours of sleep. 

Have a great day everyone. Cheers

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Happy birthday to you both and safe travels Henry and Marj.

I broke Rule 1 and got out in what I thought was a break in the rain and wasn't.  58 and rain and miserable, but I got 4.2 miles done.  Then I had to walk Robert Earl in the rain.  One good thing about having worked at Tractor Supply for 10 years is that  I have an entire wardrobe of great outerwear with the logo.  Freebies from annual meetings, events etc.  I have really good rain jackets, warm "farmwear" jackets etc.  Helps with the dog walks.

Need to eat breakfast!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

TammyinGP

Happy Birthday Marj and Holly!
                    Hope you both have great days!

I ran 5 miles yesterday but no run today. My mom and I have an appt with funeral home after I get off work today, and then DH, Mom and I going out to dinner. But long run on tap for tomorrow. Dodging rain drops.

Tammy

Happy, Happy Birthday, Marj and Holly!!!  Enjoy your special day ~~

I had a wonderful 90 min massage yesterday, the last of my 4 preschedule massages.  *sigh* Wish I could afford to keep it up, but alas, I cannot.  Instead, I will be switching to an hour once every 4-6 weeks. They've really helped my hamstrings. Thankfully, I'm an established client because she's raising her prices.  She said one of the masseuses where she's at charges $240 for a 90 min massage. 

Today is a core/mobility day.  (1) I didn't feel like braving my little shed with the temps in the mid 30's this a.m. and (2) I didn't want to ruin the good mood I was still in from my massage, so I didn't get up.  I'll the work when I get home.

Happy Friday, Friends ~~ Enjoy

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Happy Birthday Marj and Holly!! Hope you have a great day!!

Had a great dinner with the girl gang last night!! Also had a video chat with Maria and Nina in the afternoon which always makes my heart happy!!

Today’s workout will just be the walks between the garage and hospital both ways.

Jay - I’ve done Wallis Sands, nice half. I’m going to sign up for Maine Coast as a few of the SS will be running as well and it’s the first full weekend the campground will be open!!

denise

BTY

Hi Masters!  It's been an interesting 24-30 hours so far.   I took yesterday as a rest day from exercise.  I had an early morning breakfast appointment with a friend of mine.  We get together for breakfast once every 4 to 6 weeks but other than that don't get to see much of each other,  We always have a good time. I took the afternoon off from work and drove down to my mother in law's house to do some tree trimming and then install some mini-blinds in the room my wife stays in while there - a new brighter street light was installed by the municipality a couple of months ago and it's been shining right in on her through the older blinds, so hopefully these will help her sleep when she's down there.  Unfortunately just before I left, her Mom took a spill while trying to walk from her bathroom to her bedroom, again forgetting to wait for DW and forgetting she can't really walk too well.   Not only fell but hit her 94-1/2 year old noggin on the corner of the table that they keep in the hallway near the bathroom at the top of the stairs (this could have all gone even much worse than it went), and wound up with a lump on the top of her skull.  The swelling went down with some ice and compression and prayer, but I don't know if she's completely out of the woods.   Within a few minutes, her Mom forgot that. she fell and had no complaints about aches or pains.   I got back home around 9:30, stayed up decompressing in front of the television for an hour or so (probably napping, too), and then slept with intentions of sleeping in this morning, and getting my workout in after work this evening.  As it turned out, Dolly the cat woke me up at 5:00 and I was fully rested; grabbed my workout stuff, got in a really good double (strength training and a hard swim) at the Y, and somehow was back home about 15 minutes before I had to be in front of my computer for Work From Home day.

Swim Workout

4 x 100 freestyle on 1:45 (1:25/20 then 1:25, 1:24, 1:23)

4 x 50 flutter kick sprints with fins on 1:30 (0:32/0:58, repeat three times, all in 32 seconds)

4 x 100 backstroke on 2:00 (1:32/28, repeat three times, all in 1:32)

4 x 50 backstroke kick on 1:30 (0:35/0:55, repeat three times - a 35, 2 36's, a 35.)

6 x 25 underwater dolphin kick on 45 seconds (30/15)

4 x 50 freestyle 90% effort on 1:10 (0:35/0:35, repeat three times - a 35, 3 36's)

1 x 100 breaststroke cool down in 1:38.

It was supposed to be 2,200 yards but I cut the original distances in half for the flutter kick, backstroke kick, and underwater dolphin kick.  Wound up with 1,650 yards.   I'm experiencing some soreness in my upper back - hard to tell but around the rhomboid area, could be lats, traps, or delts, even, because that workout, mixed with the strength workout, has proven to be challenging.  I did bench presses, overhead presses, internal and external rotation on the cable machine, plus hip adduction.  This was probably my last hard workout in the pool for the next two weeks as I have a meet on Saturday the 23rd.  I'll start reducing the number of doubles between now and then as well.

Dave59

Happy Birthday Marj and Holly.

I took a rest day today. I was awake in time this morning for a workout but didn't feel like doing anything.

I didn't expect anyone to plan to move to Huntington WV when they retire. I thought it was a strange article but if they are going to put my current hometown at the top of a list, then I am going to share it everywhere. 

I'd like to log a complaint. I don't like Beyonce's country songs. Did she do that just to mess-up country radio?   

MTA - The Buffalo Sabres are dumping/selling off their old guys today before the trade deadline. I watched some of the game last night and they don't look like they care anymore. They will need to bring in their young prospects and let them play because they will play like they care.

Speaking teams dumping players I think the Buffalo Bills cut half their team this week, including some top players. Haven't seem anything like this since 1999.

Weird week to be a Buffalo fan.

anneb

Happy birthday to Marj and Holly! Hope its a great day/weekend.

I'm @ home working today and it has been pouring buckets. I did manage to get in 3 miles this morning with only light rain about half-way through... so that's a win. It's going to stick around until sometime tomorrow morning...

The H is putting up new window treatments on the first floor. Of course, the brackets were just slightly different, so he couldn't just pop out the old ones (they are actually the same type, but of course the others are about 12 years old and the hardware changed). Its 8 windows! I guess the upside-down drilling isn't the most fun 

We are doing Friday night homemade pizza, a couple of beers, and not leaving the house until it stops raining (except for letting Mia out... there's always that).

TGIF!

Anne

I'm with you on Beyonce, Dave.  That's not country....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth