Masters Running

Friday 12/7/18 (Read 40 times)

SteveP

Coastwalker starts EZ then ramps it up to 6.6.

RunnerKSA bags 2.6 in the AM. A warn 2.8 for lunch.

Stumpy's walk went to the dogs.

Buehrle offers up some insight regarding surgery.

Holly sneaks is a work out in preparation of the Christmas part.

Dave59 posts a picture from his 4 miles.

Runr-net has a pre-rain 3.5.

Jlynne hear the call and answered "Y". over an hour and a half of mixing it up.

Fatozzig got a sleepless core workout.

Tom White is always on the level with his ARC trainer.

Tammy in GP has cram session preceded by a community meeting.

Rochrunner chows down and signs up!

Deez4boyz has workout mania! nearly an hour and a half of cardio and a 3.3 miles run.

Henrun, alas, may not wash a dish. A moment of silence please as we all mourn. He did get a 1.5 mile run logged.

Mrrun expresses concern about Henrun's predicament.

Wildchild screws up the trails for her 7ish mile run.

Surly Bill had a plan and he made it work for 4.

Tetsujin209 copies Coastwalker's workout exactly with a few exceptions.

Joe618 celebrates an audit with 5.1 miles.

Falconfixer has a 6.1 fly-by.

Twocat gets the green light and has a 25 minute something on a cucumber bike. I'd love to pace him on his first week's return to running.

Evanflein gets the Manhattan grove on with five and a half in preparation for hitting the beach.

4 treadmill miles here. Since getting the machine fixed, I'm loving it more.  I met with a new sales rep who's company had been a staple as long as I can remember. In the three + years that I've been back with the company, their quality has plummeted. Has getting the issues from the material side of things addressed, the craftsmanship had taken a dump. They're on the rebound now. A lot of damage has been done. I told the guy that we will have a working relationship. I hope it's friendly, but it doesn't have to be. Six months ago, I was unloading full semi trucks for our property. Then I told him that he should know where the numbers are now. Now it's about 13% of that.

We still have no GM. My department is getting audited again before the 31st because it's the easiest one to generate a paper trail. . I told the acting GM that's I'll do a random 50%.

SteveP

SteveP

Gratuitous grand kid (Owen) picture.

SteveP

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Great GGKP, Steve! I'm glad that supplier is on the rebound - hope they keep up the good work. Good luck with another audit.

We've been trying to get the phone co. here for the last month 'cause our internet upload and download speeds are less than half of what they should be. They didn't show for the 1st appointment, rescheduled the 2nd an hour before their window closed on that day, and didn't show again for the 3rd. When we called, they didn't do any more than try to reschedule again, with no assurances that someone would actually show up. This is really customer service at it's worst. So we're looking at other providers.

I was dragging through the day yesterday, so opted to sleep in this morning. Really, it was doze in, but it still felt good. Now I feel guilty for not having gone out for a few miles, but that'll pass.

Have a greta Friday, and I'm wishing fleet feet and big grins to this weekend's racers.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

OMG Steve, how adorable!  That is one great smile!

I am working remotely for a bit until the sun comes up and hopefully the temps warm up a bit, then will head outside for a cold weather run.

Last night's dinner went a bit long, and the museum buildings were only open until 9pm, so they gave us two extra tickets (they sell for $10 each) and told us we could come back to tour the museum anytime before 12/31, so we decided to wait and come back with DS and his GF next Saturday, when we will have more time.  There is too much to see to have to race through it.

I was wondering if videos posted on FB could be copied and pasted here, like pictures, but I guess it only does the URL.

https://www.facebook.com/holly.schultz.961/videos/10217756690012760/

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks, Steve.  Cute baby!

2.5 on the treadmill this morning.  Our department party last night was fun.  We really have a great group and we all adore our boss (EVP/General Counsel).  They have (of course) a gorgeous home.  We were home by 9:30, but all the after-work stuff this week has worn me out.     My staff has our Christmas lunch/party today at the office and we are doing some sort of games and a Secret Santa gift exchange.

Will check in later.  Joe-  since I went to IU (where I developed my love of college basketball), Purdue is the enemy! 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

A bit of irreverence because Karen mentioned the "EVP"

A few years ago our boss was acting "EVP".  My dear co-worker, Joanie, had high regard for John. So as he was departing our office one day,  Joanie said, with great respect,  "See ya later, your EVPness"

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Quite the happy baby!  It seems like all they do is audit you, Steve.  That's what you get for being so good at it.

More dog walking for me.  have to figure out how to squeeze in a run here and there.  I think you're supposed to wait until at least 6 months before any major running with your dog.  Have to work on a little more even pace training before that will work, though.  DW is averaging around 15000 steps a day with her new training partner.  I'm impressed!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Henrun

Another 1.5 miles this morning. After lunch we have a long walk planned as the weather continues to be quite agreeable- mid 30’s and sunny- none of that S stuff.

Tramps

I'm joining the walkers this morning. A little 4-mile hike down to the riverside with TriBee. Beautiful blue sky and bright sunshine.

Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks.

I did my PT exercises and stretches, then got in 8.4 miles in 20-28 degrees as the sun came up.  Did some walking, and the foot complained mildly the whole way, but resting it has not helped, so I figured why not?  Icing now, and I will rest the foot tomorrow.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Joe618

Thanks, Steve.  Cute baby!

Will check in later.  Joe-  since I went to IU (where I developed my love of college basketball), Purdue is the enemy! 

Adorable baby, Steve, thanks!

So funny about the IU vs Purdue thing, Karen.   It's intense.   Yet, interestingly, the acidity is much less now than it was in the Bob Knight vs Gene Keady era.   Both programs have morphed quite a bit.    That said, there is still an intense rivalry and it's a good year when both IU and Purdue are competitive.   This year, looks like both will be battling for a spot in the middle of the Big Ten, though.    I have a degree from both institutions, yet my emotions are totally Purdue.   Even found a wonderful Purdue singlet to race in this fall, in fact I'll very likely wear it at Boston in April.

Rest day here, will go long tomorrow.   And an evolving story about running with my 14 year old grandson is taking shape.   More on that to follow.

Have a greta Friday all.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

...what a Cute Kiddo.......

===========

...40-min PoolRun/shoes...

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I had a big issue in Florida because we are pet friendly and the inspector said that we couldn’t allow pets in the store since we had a food license.  I said, “Are you kidding me?  Because of the CANDY BARS?”

Then bring on the donuts! 

Cute pic, StevieP.

2Kitty - Nice interval training!  You take what you can get.

My workout was power walking the 2 1/2 blocks to the Sheriff's Office (which is in the courthouse) to get my Livescan done to re-up my notary commission, then taking the elevator up 5 flights to the Recorder's Office to find out why they wouldn't record something the other day then realizing I'd forgotten one of the documents, then walking down 5 levels of stairs, back the 2+ blocks to the office, up 2 flights of stairs at our office, down the hall to my office to grab the document, back down the hall and down 2 flights of stairs, back over the the courthouse, walk up 3 levels of stairs realizing how out of shape I am so take the elevator the last 2 levels, record said documents, walk down 5 levels of stairs again, then back to the office, up 2 levels of stairs and down the hall to my office.  Whew!

Yesterday I thought I was either dying or going back in time.  Turns out there are - um . . . well . . . - side effects for not getting your HRT prescriptions filled in time and going without them for 4 days . . . 

I'm starting to let certain clients know I'll be out of the office for at least 2 weeks.  The panicking has begun! 

Happy Friday, Friends ~~

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Joe618

Howdy folks.

I did my PT exercises and stretches, then got in 8.4 miles in 20-28 degrees as the sun came up.  Did some walking, and the foot complained mildly the whole way, but resting it has not helped, so I figured why not?  Icing now, and I will rest the foot tomorrow.

There's a lot to be said for that strategy, Holly.   You'll know more tomorrow morning, seeing how the foot feels and then go from there.

Nice getting in the 8+ at sunrise!!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I like the GGKP but done know what EVP means for TCS.

Another happy walker with Mt. Rainier coming out of the darkness 100 miles to the south and Mt. Baker 160 miles to the north but even happier today than the last two days because, instead of the 4.5 and 3.1 miles caused by inadvertent pausing then, almost exactly duplicated the 5.06 miles cycled on the same on MapMyRide with this morning's MapMyWalk showing 5.10 miles so have to admit my bicycle cyclometer has been shortcanging me a half mile for the past two year thinking the morning 'mute's been 5.0 miles when it was actuall only 4.5.  No matter, still just as fun. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)