Masters Running

Monday's daily, 6.12.17 (Read 32 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

LOL!

Hey, Twocat--stick your fingers in your ears for a second.  I went 6 miles, today, in the rain...from start to finish...and it felt like GR-R-REAT!  Okay, Twocat, you can take your fingers out, now....Twocat...Twocat!  That's the problem when somebody sticks their fingers in their ears...

Leslie - I hate work drama.  Just keep your head down....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Workplace drama?  I work in a factory. That's a daily occurrence. Lol

Congratulations Jay on being the best RD. I'm not surprised.

Me?  I've graduated from cute little one milers to 2 cute little miles on my rest days as per the boss' instructions. Today however they were on the tm because it was too hot.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

spacityrunner

Twocat:  I am a "hot" runner...but for some reason this years hot is just killing me.

spacityrunner I like hot. But I know most runners do not.

3 miles at lunch.  first two were decent, that last mile was tough.  When I came back in the guards were all concerned looking and asked me if I was alright.  I was toast!  But I could talk so they all relaxed a bit   Wish I knew why the heat is bugging me so much this year.  And really it wasn't that bad, 80f and 80% humidity...

Trails Rock!

When I came back in the guards were all concerned looking and asked me if I was alright.  I was toast!  But I could talk so they all relaxed a bit   

Guards . . . Hmmm  . . . if we didn't know better . . . .

An hour of core/ST after work.  I'm really trying hard to make this a priority habit.  I bought some resistance bands for hip and glute stuff.  I think they're going to be a beneficial addition.

Okay - Butt icing, then a shower, then bed.  See ya on the flip side, friends ~~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

spacityrunner

Guards . . . Hmmm  . . . if we didn't know better . . . .

LOL

Trails Rock!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

jay - have any other RW'ers ever been RD's-of-the-Year

or are you the only one in the world?  I think so.

wonderful news PBJ, and for your fans herein

and everywhere else.  How'd ja do it?

Glad everything is back to the ho-hum norm for MikeE.

Spacity too. However, is run release like work release?

henru/marj - I hope a 40th anniversary Market Square works out.

What were your 10K times in those days?

How many runners compared to now?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Just a quick post today to say Yay!! to PBJ on the clean scans!! Onward, good fren! You rock!

Rest Day today and good thing as the weather was pretty crummy all day.

Tet, we hadn't hit 90 since 2013, but it usually happens at least once every couple of years. Hope we see 80's again though, the last couple of days have been depressing!

SteveP

My sympathies to SteveP at the loss of his hero - Batman.

DW and I met Adam West when we had first started dating. When I asked for his autograph, DW helped me remember my name and how to spell it. That's when I knew she was a keeper and am very thankful she keeps me. He kept his FB page updated frequently until a few weeks ago.

(((((MikeE))))).

Greta News PBJ.

For some reason I'm getting "Runner's" magazine at work.  Never subscribed to it.  What's up wit dat?

I've been getting a new catalogs as well. I've sent e-mails requesting the deliveries cease.

The kids gave us a hotel room on the mainland during Mackinac Island's Lilac Festival. DW and I decided to make it a three day weekend.

Friday was bumming around a bit. DW went on a zip line for the first time.

Then we enjoyed the flora and fauna. Lady Slippers are an orchid that has resisted domestication. A specific fungus causes a seed to pop and it usually lands near the parent plant. If left undisturbed, they can live 20 years. When any part of the root is damaged, the entire plant dies.

We weer also happy to find wild sassafrass.

As well as a number of plants neither of us could identify.

There was a fallen tree in a wet area. I wanted to see if a salamander had taken up residence under a broken section of the rotting tree. When we rolled the log over, we saw it was on a stick. I got a little choked up...That log had a child.

Downtown Mackinaw City was fantastic.

Mackinac Island is a popular tourist destination between Michigan's Upper and Lower Peninsulas. The only motorized vehicles on the island are for emergency response. Everything else is either horse driven, on foot or bicycle. The area is very rich in history, trinkets and fudge.

And of course, lilacs.

In the mid 1700s, a fur trader allegedly buried himself among human bones in this cave to escape a massacre.

I know I know....too many pictures.

8 miles Friday just shy of 15 Saturday.

SteveP

catwhoorg

Labrat

Late comment, but I got a mile and a bit after work before a thunderstorm arrived.

Was expecting it, just not quite that quickly, so was literally running loops around the parking lot of our building and the one next door.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

mrrun

SteveP - thanks for the memories.  Henry and I met on a bike ride that included Mackinac Island and we have a poster of the lilac festival in our dining room.  i do remember biking through horse droppings and being happy that it was not my bike to clean!  marj

SteveP - i do remember biking through horse droppings and being happy that it was not my bike to clean!  marj

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance