Masters Running

The Time Has Come (Read 577 times)

Slo - God's blessings to you and your family as you help your father through these difficult days. From your posts, I know you are very close to your family and it sounds like you and your dad had a very special relationship. It's always hard to watch someone suffer through the horrible pains of cancer. I hope your father finds strength and peace. Prayers to you and your family.

Slo,    So sorry to hear about the sudden decline in your in your Dad's condition.

My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.  May you be comforted by all the great memories you have of him.   Like Dad's shirt says Hope, Love & Faith be with you.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Slo

Thank you all.

Your thoughts, prayers and well wishes are greatly appreciated.

Prince of Fatness

Steve,

Having lost my father less than a year ago, I understand what you are going through.  Hang in there.  Just from those couple of pictures I can tell that you have a solid relationship with your father.  I've always told my kids that it hurts so bad to lose a family member because they mean so much.  As painful as it is to lose someone so close to you, that closeness is also what pulls you through.  His strength will live in you forever.  To this day I consider myself lucky to have known my father as long as I have, and I hope that you will feel that way too.  It comes with time.

You are in my thoughts.

Tim

Not at it at all. 

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I'm so sorry to read about this Steve.   My thoughts were with you, your wonderful family and dad while I was out running this morning.   You are fortunate to have such a close-knit family.   You are in my thoughts and prayers.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

Steve,

Having lost my father less than a year ago, I understand what you are going through.  Hang in there.  Just from those couple of pictures I can tell that you have a solid relationship with your father.  I've always told my kids that it hurts so bad to lose a family member because they mean so much.  As painful as it is to lose someone so close to you, that closeness is also what pulls you through.  His strength will live in you forever.  To this day I consider myself lucky to have known my father as long as I have, and I hope that you will feel that way too.  It comes with time.

You are in my thoughts.

Tim

Tim

I remember when you lost your Dad. And I remember the outpouring of support you recieved from the swamp. I was also glad you chose to run the Marathon. Thanks for your response.......much appreciated.

#artbydmcbride

Oh Slo Hand!  Everyone has said it so much better than I could.  You have my prayers.  ((( Slo and Dad)))

Runners run

I am so sorry to hear about this.  But you are so fortunate to have had your father in your life for so long and to be so close to him.  I hope his passing will be peaceful and that you and your family will be strong.  Bless you and your family.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

Steve, from your previous descriptions of your family gatherings, I've secretly wished I was part of your family too!  It's wonderful how close you all are, and how much fun you have.  It sounds like you have all made the most of the short time you've had left with your dad. I hope he passes in peace, and that you and your family also find peace.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Thoughts to you, Steve. Remain strong.

Steve,  it has always been very evident in your posts that your family is a close and loving family.  Your parents have been very blessed.  To have known that your father's end days were eminent and to have been able to make every moment a wonderful memory truly is a gift from God.  And as said before, the outpouring of love from the community truly is a testament to the man he is and the life he has lived.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time, Steve.  May you find strength in your love for one another.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Life is tough at times and this is one of those times.

This is a time of thanksgiving for you.......to be thankful for the Father you have been able to enjoy these years and to be thankful that you have had the ability to make these final days as comfortable as possible.

My prayer is that God will comfort all of you and meet your individual needs in the way that only He can.

Joey

Vista
                            Steve,

What a moving and wonderful tribute to a man who will forever be large in your life whether he is right there or not. People love to say that there are no more heroes and clearly they don't know your father or your family. I am holding you all in my heart and wishing you strength for the lowest moments and perfect recall for the memories of laughter and joy.

Karin

Slo

DAD

March 3rd, 1943  -  July 10, 2010

Thank you for your prayers.

He was surronded by all of us.

This is his riding group, the "Old Dawgs". This photo was taken Saturday morning before they headed out of town. Dad passed a 4:55pm just as they were coming back into town.

It was a fitting tribute to have these guys celebrate Dads life with us Saturday night.

My condolences Slo.  He knew he was Loved and you know he Loved you.  A very nice gesture by the "Old Dawgs.  Prayers and thoughts to you and your family.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong