Masters Running

Wednesdaily, 8.1.18 (Read 38 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone, and welcome to August.

Tuesday’s workouts:

Dave59 (4 humid morning miles)
    RunnerKSA (3 sleepless, humid, good-feeling-butt morning miles + 2 nighttime TM miles)
    Tramps (21 misty drizzle bike miles)
    anneb (4 EZ forest preserve humid morning miles with creeping darkness)
    Henrun (3.5 low-humidity morning miles)
    Pfriese (10 morning miles through town in IRC)
    Quickadder (5.3 early morning miles with DD in H&H)
    SPUNKY57 (5 morning miles in 56° Fall-like temps)
    Fatozzig (38 min of walk/run with 1-min intervals - 3 miles)
    Surly Bill (9.8 Mt. Tam miles, climbing 1520 ft in 80-90° temps)
    C-R (8 nighttime miles of speed work)
    Falconfixer (4 morning miles with knee complaining)

It's dark enough when I go out that I need the headlamp now (to be seen, if not necessarily to see). This morning, I could finally turn it off when I was about 6 miles into it. In another couple of weeks or so, I'll need it on till I get back home.

Good call on the scotch, Twocat.

Great phamily photos, Steve.

7.2 pre-dawn RW miles in 66° temps with some humidity creeping back in. I saw a racoon that didn't go far enough off the road before it stopped and stared when I approached, so I gave it plenty of room. Didn't know if there was anything wrong with it - didn't want to find out.

Have a greta Wednesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, Jay.   It is getting darker here, too (duh...) but still light when I get out there.   When did running get so hard?  Smile   Starting really slowly and only get a little bit faster.  It will improve.....    Butt feels better at slow paces. That's my excuse, right?  3.1 done

1.6 treadmill miles after work.  Got home a little late.

Traveling up to NE PA (PHL airport) tomorrow and hoping it won't rain a lot while I'm there.  I want to go do my longer Saturday run on the beautiful rail trail.      Carry on, Masters!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

Ran 3 this morning. I broke rule #1 but I wonder if the punishment could be mitigated by the fact that it started to rain just as I started running?

It rained pretty hard for the whole run and stopped just as I was finishing. It felt good to be covered in something other than my own sweat.

Living in Huntington WV, one of the opioid hubs, makes for some sad news stories. A couple from yesterday:

1 - Child gets pricked by a needle in a McDonalds Play Place

2 - Couple overdoses in car and drives through a playground just missing dozens of kids before crashing into a pole.

We had a severe storm pass through yesterday afternoon with high winds. Lots of folks still without power.  People on-line "joked" that the air was full of swirling syringes.

''The world is my urinal.''

............Words to Live By............

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

pfriese

An easy 10 mile run to start off August for me. Yup, the sun is coming up later each morning. I bought a new headlamp yesterday as I feel it will be needed soon for early-morning-beat-the-heat runs.

Paul

anneb

I generally think that rain when the temp > 60 is a good thing! We are way under for rain since July, although May and June were way over.

5 miles for me this AM even though I didn't get out until 6am... still managed to leave the house right around 7:30 so that's a win. Happy hump day!

Anne

Anzlo

After two days of more stomach/intestinal issues I managed 6 miles this morning at dawn before the heat of the day.  I hope to do something similar tomorrow.  God be with all those suffering from the fire problems here in the west and those suffering from the water problems in the east.  If only we could find a compromise and dump some of that excess water on the fires out here.

Wishing everyone a successful, safe, and blessed week !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

TammyinGP

Ran 3.5 miles last night on the TM (of course, where else would I run? ) that gave me 73 for the month.

no run today though. After work, I'm heading to the animal evacuation center where I'll volunteer until 11 pm. going to be a LONG day!

Tammy

I got on the elliptical for about 1 minute. Decided my hamstring could use a few more days off and just did core work and weights. My back is feeling better these days. I just have to hope it stays that way. My PT for some reason decided to concentrate on my hamstrings, to get me back on the elliptical I guess. But, the back is the potentially more serious issue, even if it feels better when running or otherwise moving.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

a 3-day headace

of

2 nights of constant Thunder and lightning

followed by 2-days of

a tree service taking down a Several Hundred Pound neighbor's poplar tree next to our house..........

ps

I'm talking about the tree,

not

the neighbor

=============

...40-min elliptical.......

eta-

[[[[ twocat ]]]]

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

SPUNKY57

Spunky57

Hi Friends, Early morning meeting means schedule even tighter today. Planning cycle ride or 3 mile run between work and Bible School. Thursday is the last night for Bible School.

Bless you all, Spunky

No time to read/reply.

45 min core/ST this a.m.

Really screwed up at work and almost threw up when owning up to it.  Disappointing my boss is the worst . . .

Been married to The Hub 31 years today.

Back to the dungeon . . .

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

spacityrunner

2 miles.  Knee good so far.  Here's hoping....

Trails Rock!

evanflein

{{Leslie}} good for you for owning it though, and congrats on 31 years! That's great!

Surly Bill, that's quite an ambitious outing for someone recovering from AT issues.

Great pictures, SteveP! That's Norah, right? She's 4 already??

Getting darker, yeah I guess so. We're down to 21.5 hours of "visible light" today. Winter's comin'....

Jay, that would freak me out. I've only seen a raccoon once, and it was off in the bushes by the hotel parking lot in Scottsdale a couple years ago. Thought it was a dog at first.

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday it was hot and sunny (85° by late afternoon) and a beautiful evening. Today is smoky and overcast with showers and temps in the low 60's so far. I ran 5.3 miles yesterday after work in the heat of the day knowing that it wasn't going to last. I'm planning on running most of the way home tonight after work and hope it doesn't rain on me.

Happy Anniversary, Leslie.  Sorry things were bad at work but it will pass.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth