Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 5.13.17 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Friday’s fearsome workouts:

RunnerKSA (2 pre-work TM miles)

Dave (5.06 tired morning miles)

Rochrunner (4 EZ morning miles on a beautiful day)

Tammy ((4 post-work miles with chilly mizzle)

Tramps (10 EZ morning miles)

Catwhoorg (5 sweaty lunchtime miles)

Tomwhite (20 min X-bike standing, and 20 min on GreenWay)

Tet (5 cloudy miles with sun bursts)

Holly (40 min of weights & core)

dg. (5.25 morning miles, with hillage)

Dave, going to the rodeo instead of the condo assoc. meeting?

Mike, it has been a long time since Candid Camera… I’m glad you had a good laugh, liked the hotel, and hope you got a good pre-race dinner. BTW, what time is it?

It would be great if Stumpy and Henry and Marj could have an impromptu meet-up!

Yep, Rochrunner, there is always a price to pay for being away. But it is still worth it.

Good luck, Tammy, whichever race you run.

OK, Tramps - maybe just a little insomnia. Nice try (tri?) with the wetsuit reply.

Have fun trashing your legs, Cat! 

Sounds like quite the trip with your brother, Tomwhite. 

Congrats on finding the wonderful Wondergel, Fatozzig.

Holly, I’ll take your company anytime.

Good gardening, dg, but sorry about the sore back. I can relate…

Have a great time conferencing and running in Nashville, Twocat.

Our forecast for tomorrow’s racewalking races hasn’t improved, and I had another racer pull out (it was a small field to begin with), so I think we’re going to at least reschedule, if not just cancel. I wouldn't mind as mush if it were just heavy rain, but we're also supposed to have some serious windage tomorrow, and the combination would not be good for racers or volunteers. I borrowed a tent to help provide a little shelter for the race, but with 20-30 mph winds (gusting to 40), it would just take off if I tried to set it up. Bummer.

Today’s weather is pretty decent, so I’m heading up the coast to Portsmouth for a workout and then a racewalking coaching/training session.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...mornin' jay.....

.........40-min PoolRun with belt, closed fists, run in shallows, push against water

and

since my non-operative leg

is bugging me at the ball-joint (meh)

60-single leg squats (each leg)  on a step-up in the gym on the way out

.................good running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

3.2 breezy miles before tomorrow when I attempt 2:45 (time) or so.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

pfriese

8 easy miles around town.

Paul

Mariposai

Are you racing tomorrow? .

We have a decent weather here today. My aim is about 20 today. First I will go to the office to look at our AFS one last time before we submit it to HUD. I figure that I will not relax until that job is done, it is due on Monday,  so I will get it done, then celebrate with a long run.

Good luck weekend racers.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Ho hum.

good luck.

where is it?

mikeE too.

are you at altitude in NM?

Are your heel, pf, etc. okay?

did you carbo enough?

are you worried?

how's the weather, rain, wind, etc.?

Everything ok back in MN?

Is Debbie happy?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Not racing- just trying to get some longer runs before my June 10 marathon in W VA.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

TammyinGP

11.25 miles of trails this morning.

write up in the race report thread 

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

DD's lacrosse team had their last game today, well played but they lost 8-5.  However, DD got a goal!  Only her second of the season, last night being her first.  The coach has played her as a defender all season (and she is fierce in that position), but she is also one of the two fastest runners on the team (have NO idea where she got that, truly), and played her as mid-fielder this week, and it paid off.  Watching her sprint the entire length of the field to make a goal was the highlight of my day.  Interestingly, DD and her friend Sydney are the only two Freshman girls on the varsity team, and they made two out of the 5 team goals in today's game.  The fun doesn't end, though - there will be a short summer league starting in June.

5.4 miles for me today in 41 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

A plodding half for me today, and didn't even get lunch with Henry and Marj as a consolation.   Now I need to make myself some dinner and see what I can come up with for a race report in a bit.

As a side note, I will say that spending a few hours with crawling under the cabin to replace a phone cable that the squirrels chewed over the winter is probably NOT a good idea for half recovery.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

mikeE too.

are you at altitude in NM?

Are your heel, pf, etc. okay?

did you carbo enough?

are you worried?

how's the weather, rain, wind, etc.?

Everything ok back in MN?

Is Debbie happy?

Jay - Sorry 'bout the race, but yeah, sounds like you had pretty carpy conditions.

Sounds like MIkeE did well in his race.

Boy howdy, lots of folks in here with barking parts and pieces.  Yep, becoming more seasoned ain't for sissies.

About 45 min of core/ST this morning, then about 3 hrs of yard with The Hub as we rescued the side of the house from an overgrown tree and then did some clean up in the back yard.  We'll see if the tree survives the major pruning.  If nothing else, it sure is letting more light into the computer room!

My nephew and his girlfriend (Quote: "She's really important to me, Aunt Leslie") are coming for a visit  Mem Day Weekend.  A couple of weeks ago I started looking at my house as if I was a first time visitor.    Suffice to say, we've been doing a lot of cleaning the last coupla weekends.  

Okay - I gotta get some typing done before we head to church.  Later, dudes and dudettes ~~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Congrats to Mike and Tammy on some good racing today! And anyone else I missed, too!

I went out for a slow trail run, about 11.6 miles.  It felt harder than it should have, but I have to be patient with getting back into running condition.  Gorgeous day, though, almost 70 degrees and sunny, and the aspen trees are just starting to get leaves!  Tomorrow I'm meeting some girlfriends for a mother's day trail run.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I had a rough 12 miler today. I suppose better today than on race day. That said,  I'm downgrading my time goal to 5:15.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

mrrun

congrats to all the racers whether you made your goal or not.

because of heavy wind & rain forecast, we didn't go to maine & missed out on lunch with stumpy, the 5k race tomorrow, dinner out, seeing GD1 & GS tomorrow and other good stuff.  heard some good jazz today and now have to figure out plans for tomorrow

marj

evanflein

Hi All,

I'm just catching up here. Read part of last week's threads to see what you all have been up to. Apparently, there's been a lot of running and some disappointing hockey results. But that's about as much as I'm going to say.

Conference was good, although running in Anaheim sucks. I followed the hotel's suggested routes and added on some out-and-backs to get more miles. My feet weren't happy with all the concrete running though, and I had some shin soreness on Thursday and Friday that seems to have resolved. But, busy crazy week that I'm glad is behind me. Friday was just nuts with a 1.5 hour window that I could've gotten a mid-day run in but got sucked in by phone calls and such. Ok, so ran after work again. Doing well mileage-wise and gaining on the damn bunny.

Today was a good 7.3 mile run with a few stops on the way back but not bad. I've got to get some hills in my diet, that's for sure. Spent almost 2 hours afterwards working on the flower gardens and picking up branches and other "stuff" from winter. Still a ton more to do, but my back can only handle so much. I'm hoping to get more than 14 miles in tomorrow as it seems my long run has capped out at 14 lately. I'm not running that Murphy Dome Roam though. It just seems like a good opportunity to get injured when I'm not in hill shape (and this race is all about a big hill).