Masters Running

Thursday Sept. 3 - Master Runs and Workouts (Read 404 times)

dg.

We've been struggling to get to bed on time this week.  We have houseguests, and I can't quite bring myself to run off to bed at 9pm and leave them on their own.  So fatigue is building...

9.0 miles, slower than Tuesday/Wednesday.  The temps were still cool, but I needed a break. 

Denise - I'm so sorry your son is back in the hospital.  I know you must be so worried.  Hopefully he's getting the care he needs to get well or at least better manage his illness.

PDR.... I feel funny saying this because I know you know what you're doing, but be careful!   fatigue +

"Just completed highest mileage week  (54.1mi) since August '06, just before my hip fracture.  Ruh Roh!"...   double ruh roh.      I just read again about Vit. D in connection with that, but not sure where. 

thanks Perch!

Tammy... do you think they run true to size?

Grrrr.  The change in schedule, too much driving, and trying to unpack, clean, and repack for the shore mean I can either (1) run this afternoon/evening or (2) stay up too late on a school night for the third night in a row and be even more tired tomorrow.  So . . . . . . I'm skipping the run in order to get some stuff done, get to bed at a reasonable time, and have the energy to drive to the shore right after school and go for a sunset paddle tomorrow evening.

I hate it when my job interferes with running!!!!!!  (Which seems to happen from September to June!)  Wink

Will check in later for some shout-outs.

Happy almost-3-day-weekend, all,

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

I took a couple of days off so I'm getting more sleep than PDR but I'm still fatigued, so I know she must really be hurting.

Nice 13 mile mid-week runs from the lot of you.

I'm under a bit of a time crunch so I'm just skimming.  Went climbing with my brother this afternoon after visiting with my niece at the cool new job she has at one of the theatres in Bethesda.  Re climbing I had no stamina (nor strength in my arms or fingers).

While he's more of a fencer and climber than runner, he wore me out this morning -- I only got 7.5 miles out of planned 10.  No problem but we went out too fast and did too many hills.

7.6 miles, 1:01:55, 8:07/mi, AHR 154 (79% MHR)

Hey I finally finished putting together the video of my grandson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_nS5-h1Uo

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

TammyinGP

dg - they probably do. I bought a couple pairs of mediums. I'm just on the small size of a medium now, so they are a bit baggy in the front.

2Cat - I got Ribs all straightened out on a future relay. It involves a rooster , or something like that . . .

Tammy

2Cat - I got Ribs all straightened out on a future relay. It involves a rooster , or something like that . . .

And maybe properly cooked spaghetti

TammyinGP

Lou - I'm speechless - that's an amazing video and now you got me all sobby and teary.

and yes, Ribs next relay will NOT involve anything from a can or a jar. Sheesh - don't his friends even know how the man likes to eat!??!!

Tammy

evanflein

Back from my lunchtime run, 5.5 miles @ 8:15 avg pace. Slower on the way out, nice tempo on the way back (guess which way has the downhill trend?). I do like the break in the middle of the day this gives me, but of course I'm limited on time so it works best on the Tues/Thurs. shorter runs I do. The gnats were sure thick out there! I was covered when I got back and had several in my eyes. Bleh.

I think Spareribs is full of it. There's no way a relay can be boring!

Awesome video, Lou. That's sure a crowded hospital room! I love how anyone holding a baby does that "baby bounce" thing. Sometimes it's almost like yawning, you see someone do it and you almost start doing it, too!

Jlynne

I

Hey I finally finished putting together the video of my grandson: http://www.youtube.com/watch

What a beautiful tribute to new life. Thanks for sharing you guys!

Renee the dog

Hey I finally finished putting together the video of my grandson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_nS5-h1Uo

OK, I want to know who the hell rated this a 2 star????!!!   I'm trying to remember my sign in so I can counteract such injustice!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Finally caught up on a couple of day's worth of dailies.

Deez - hugs and prayers to you and your son

Sue - sorry the deer and her brood as such pests, but your stories about your battles with them crack me up

nono - ran on the sand <sigh>  I can't wait to feel it between my toes again tomorrow, and it's only been a little over 48 hours!

Lou & Harriet - thanks for sharing the beautiful video

The weather report's still looking good for a sunset paddle tomorrow.  Hooray!  If there's too much wind to paddle, we're going to sail my little boat.  If there's too much wind for that, we're skipping the water and going straight to the watering hole.  Wink

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

OK, I want to know who the hell rated this a 2 star????!!!   I'm trying to remember my sign in so I can counteract such injustice!

Yeah  I was wondering about that myself.

spacityrunner

A nice full moon run, without my shuffle, but had to bring mr. garmie...had talked myself out of going out tonight and then I thought of that "work thing" that is driving me nuts and I put the running outfit on and ran..did 4.5 in 55ish and just had a wonderful easy run tonight from the lincoln to the capitol.  And now I ask myself, what work thing?

There is some kind of police activity at 14th and independence that had roads closed sirens blaring and lights a flashing...freaking everywhere.  My normally quite run down the middle of the road streets were clogged with re-routed traffic and tourists everywhere trying to see what was happening. 

My run went quick and I was sorry to see it end.  It has been a while since I have felt that way.

Good runs and good day night everyone

Trails Rock!

Ran early ----17.2 miles with tempo stuff/gloves on and then a day of meetings. So much going on and I am falling asleep----did want to at least say ---while sniffling-----fantastic video PDR and WRFB. I watched it twice and grinned and grinned with teary eyes.

{{{{{{Deez}}}}}}

that video was just great!!  even tho i do this every day for work it still makes me mushy -- i love seeing the family involvement!!

PERCH - IT WORKED!!!!  my garmin turned on and is now recharging!!  i so hope this lasts so i can have it for my 12 miler sat. morning ------- THANK YOU!!

thanks for all the well wishes for my son -- it is heartbreaking to see him there but i am blessed with the support of so many wonderful friends and family ......... thank you all for keeping him in your prayers and in your thoughts  ((RA))

denise

I'm late to the game, but that's what happens when you have no internet access all day.  Horrors, I know.  And I  know you all were wondering, "Now where is Leslie?"

{{{Denise}}} - Know that you and your family continue to be in my prayers.

6 sort of sproinky, hilly-with-strides every 10 min miles this a.m.  Tomorrow I can rest or do core work, but no cardio and no strength training.  Orders from Higher Up.  It was a beee-U-tiful morning, with a low lying huge yellowish full moon.  Looked like something straight out of a movie set.  I wish I could've been running toward or with it, but, alas, I needed to go the opposite direction.

I, too, don't know how you guys with kids manage to get up so early to run AND take care of the kiddos.  I can manage the predawn runs 'cause we don't have kids.  Even at that, it takes everything inside me to get up in time so that I'm not late for work.

Well, it's getting late here, so 'nite for now.

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance