Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING THREAD w/e Aug 17th (Read 232 times)

And here are the tallies from last week... Dutchie-43.7 K eliz-9.4 miles + 2.7 walking + 5.75 hours kayaking...WOW evanflein-43.2 miles + 2 walking...including a great half!!! fatozzig-10.11 miles + bike + core...Including crewing for her friend's 100 lyndenrunner-50 miles nowor-11 miles + yoga pfriese-24.2 miles Tetsujin- tapering continues... Keep it up folks...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-6@8:09 Tue-Rest Wed-8@7:57 Thur-8@7:50 Fri-5@8:28 Sat-Rest Sun-11@7:58 Total=38 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Dutchie42

Hi Gordon, you got the new thread going really quick Big grin Thanks! Mon....unplanned rest day. Tue....10.4K easy run Wed...7.4K interval training: 3K warm up / 8x185 meter intervals plus 8x185 meter recoveries / 1.4K cool down, plus abs and pushups Thu.... UB strength training (endurance), incl. abs. Added pushups: this Krav Maga class I've joined expects you to do these, so I'm just trying my darndest to get as good as the guys as quickly as I can. Fri...... went for one hour of freestyle in the pool instead of a one hour run. And a KM class. Sat.... 10.1K progressive run, 30min of LB strength traiining and 30min of UB endurance strength training. No abs, but did that on Wed, Thu and Fri already. So I'm allowed to skip it today Big grin Sun... 15.7K long run turned bad. I'd planned 23-25K and was looking forward to it. But my legs did not want to move. Called it quits when I was close to home. Wasn't enjoying it today. Week total: 43.6K

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

Thanks, Gordon! With my online time still limited to when I can get to the public library, this is the only thread I'm keeping current with. I appreciate the motivation of feeling like I have to check in with at least one group on RA! Smile Monday - ran 6.1; walked 2.3; kayaked 1-1/2 hours, most of it quite leisurely (have to savor the last few weeks of summer vacation) Tuesday - paddled 1/1-2 hours before leading a beach nature tour - savoring every remaining moment of summer Wednesday - paddled 2 hours, about half quite leisurely; see "savoring" above Smile Thursday - Friday - Saturday - Sunday - Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Hi everyone. Back from crewing, and what a time I had!! Incredible experience. Will give more details later. In the meantime: Mon - Crewing recovery/driving home 6 hours Tues - 1.5 hours core/strength/knee, 30 min stationary bike (boy, did all that feel good!) Wed - 5 miles w/5 long hill repeats. 11:22 ap Thurs - Exhausted - slept in (do I get some kind of sleeping credit?? Big grin ) Fri - 5 miles in 1:00:12 = 11:16 pace. One of my best runs in awhile. Just felt really comfortable the whole time. For the first time, climbed The Hill by my house without stopping!! Sat - Trail Run - 7.5 miles approx. Sun - Rest

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks Lynden - 4.3 miles in the annual Beaver Lake Triathlon on 8/16.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

pfriese

DayMilesComment
                Mondayrest day - done
                Tuesday8 miles running - done 29.8 miles bicycling - done AM PM
                Wednesdayrest day - done
                Thursday29.2 miles bicycling - done
                Fridayrest day - done
                Saturday13.1 miles running - done 15.3 miles bicyclig done
                Sunday62.5 miles bicycling - done
                Total21.1 miles running 136.9 miles bicycling DONE DONE
                Paul
                evanflein

Thanks, Gordon! Another buildup week this week which is proving difficult with work load and the soccer tournament. At least all their games are at 4 pm so I basically just leave work early every day... Monday: 4.6 miles, EZ pace but too many hills for recovery Tuesday: 6 mile tempo run, 7:59 avg pace Wednesday: 10 miles at 8:29 pace, 1.3 mile walk Thursday: 5.22 mostly EZ w 3 x .25 mile sprints @ 7:30, 1 mile walk Friday: Rest Day, feels like it's been quite a week... Saturday: Hilly 10k race, 4.6 miles for warm up and later miles for 10.8 running miles today. Also spent 3 hours clambering around hills to pick blueberries! Sunday: 20 miles @ 8:23 avg pace, .5 mile walk c/d Plan is for around 50-54 miles....actual 56.7 miles run, 2.8 miles walking (measured) and several hours blueberry picking
                  nowor

When will the humidity leave? Mon-3 mi TM Tues-core class Wed-4 mi Thurs-core class AM; yoga PM Fri-5 mi Summary: 12 mi + core + yoga