Masters Running

Happy Father's day and celebration...the Sunday, June 20th daily (Read 594 times)

Mariposai

Today is a day of celebration...

We celebrate the fathers in this forum...even  if you are not a father...I am sure you are a father//role model  figure to someone and for that...we celebrate you!!!!

We also want to celebrate the great racers this weekend...I think we have too many humble racers among us.

Let me see how many runners tried to sneak in an RR on the Saturday's daily....

Let us start with Walt...what a great weekend he is having with his kids and he ran the 1 mile race in 5:23....yeahhh...he is so very fast....Congrats buddie.

Then we have our own Deena Kastor in real life...aka Karin...she out ran all the high school kids...with a verrry fasssssst pace....

Then  there is deezy4boyz running all the way up Mt. Washington in 2:27:55...amazing...just amazing...folks...take a look at this race's profile....

Then we have  fatozzig who ran a trail run of 21.5 "training miles" just outstanding!!!!

Trent....great running he did at the Grandma's marathon. He did finish the race ...but with some ouchies. I am so proud of you for finishing the race.

Then, there is Tammy- skirtalina who is getting ready for a running camp...wanna expand on that sistahhh.

As for me, my celebration gathering was great. People had a chance to talk, relax, visit with each other... and have fun while eating my food...it is all a humble chef can ask for...it was grand.

Now...it is your turn to find one thing to celebrate today....

AS for me...I am celebrating the fact that I will rest today, celebrate the guy in my life who helped me to gift society two great kids.... and I celebrate the fact that  a dear pal is traveling out west...got to celebrate the gifts life gives us!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Hey Mariposai! Nice tribute to all the celebrations we have around here! Sending hugs to you for resting today!

I'm celebrating a shiny new 10k PR of 44:39 in Saturday night's Midnight Sun Run! What an awesome race this was. I even beat my nemesis and almost caught some youngsters at the end! Now it's time for a celebratory glass of wine and a shower before heading to bed. 

Happy Father's Day to all our dads out there!

Marathon Maniac #957

Sarge – nice race photo yesterday!  Looks like a beautiful locale, too.

Deez4boyz – great job on your uphill climb!

CNYrunner – 6:05 – fast!  There’s a one mile race here next Wednesday might that I am considering doing, if the weather holds.  I’ve never done a 1-miler…

Walt – 2nd Masters – smokin’!

Trent – ouch!  Kudos to you for finishing, though, on a tough day.

Leslie – that goes for you, too.  I don’t blame you if you need to rest today.  At a certain point you need to give in.

KellyDodge – 1st OA – yowza!  Great racing!

Erika – congrats on your shine new 10K PR!

Today is both Father’s Day and our wedding anniversary.  I’m heading out now for 5-6 easy-paced miles.  We have an 8:30 tee time for 9 holes of golf, and afterward we will go to the pool for a while, then come home for a nap.  Family movie tonight. 

Is that the perfect day, or what?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Today is both Father’s Day and our wedding anniversary.  I’m heading out now for 5-6 easy-paced miles.  We have an 8:30 tee time for 9 holes of golf, and afterward we will go to the pool for a while, then come home for a nap.  Family movie tonight. 

Is that the perfect day, or what?

Sounds perfect!!! Have fun!!!

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Back from my run.  I had to cut it short at 4 miles because of pain in the back/outside of my right knee.  Keeping my fingers crossed that a day off will make this go away.  The beginning of the summer is NOT the time for an injury. 

Luckily walking doesn't bother it at all, so it won't interfere with my golf game...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

What a wonderful start today Mariposai!!  

Holly - I hope it is nothing serious!    Have a wonderful day with your DH and Happy Anniversary!

Out for another 6 today and it felt so much better.   My avg. pace was 54 seconds faster today too!  11:01 ;/ 10:23 / 10:19 / 10:06 / 10:21 / 10:11 - 161 Avg. HR     It was a good confidence building kind of run.    Now to get cleaned up and take DH out for a Father's Day breakfast.

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Dad's here!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

Trent, sorry about your calf.  Mine calf is sending your calf flowers as we speak. 

Well it wasn't my calf that did my run in this morning, it was getting ill overnight.  Went to bed late and never got to sleep before my head was in the toilet.  Worst part?  I have no idea what this was about.  No drinking, nobody else got sick on my dinner, my sinuses are behaving... But, I'm feeling remarkably chipper for only 3 hours sleep.

Going to putter around the house and string together a bunch of shorty runs today in between chores to get my miles in...not the same as 1 ten miler, but better than not doing them at all.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

(((((painful calves and outsides of knees)))))) hoping all heal soon and are not prolonged

Thanks for the wonderful start maraposai.

I thought I heard a Whooshing sound this morning at 2 am or so----it was Erika! Fabulous racing and now you are the one to beat there.

17.8 miles for me at 6:30 am with Dr. J---we were tired, but steady ---sweaty, sweaty too as the humidity is definitely back. Good run overall and now a mellow day ahead. 

Happy Fathers Day

7.5 mile and 9:30ish pace long run this week as my miles continue to build. A fun run but I waited a little late to get out there this morning and it was warmer than I thought. I usually don't carry water on anything less than 10 miles but I sure could have used a drink out there today.Must not of hydrated enough before heading out.  

I hope to SKYPE with my DS#2 (and Grand daughter) today as he celebrates his 1st fathers day in Germany where he is currently stationed. Then spend the afternoon by the BBQ with DS#1 after he gets off work. At this  point just making time in their busy lives is all a proud dad could ask for. The fact that they are independent and lead busy and happy lives means my job is done and theirs has just begun.

happy trails everyone

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Dave59

Nothing to report here other than rest I guess.

I look my best blurry!

Hey Everybody,

I ran a 5K today and set a new PR 19:20.  WTH?  I don't really know what to say about that.  I am freaking out!

I will just ditto everything Holly said and say happy anniversary to her, too!  

I am so happy today!  Love RA!  Love running!  Makes me happy!

Always,

Wannaberunner

dg.

Hi all!

Happy Father's day to all our wonderful fathers and fathers in spirit.

Nancy thanks such a celebratory start.  I'm glad everything worked out so well.   who's traveling west?    have you ordered that dress yet?

whoohoo Erika, Karin, Walt....    Big grin

Trent so sorry about your calf, and congratulations on finishing.    amazing that you could do that.

Denise, nice climb!

Mary, soo glad it's feeling better.  sticky today, isn't it.

hugs for Holly's knee,  (don't suppose I need to tell you to be careful?)  Trent & Nono's calves, & Nono just overall but from a safe distance.  hope you're feeling better. ugh.

wow Karin. 

Larry, it's too hot, well, at least warm, & humid here for no water!  

congrats wannaberunner!

need to hurry off but I did get in 11 miles this morning, I need to check the numbers a little more carefully at work tomorrow, (i made a cheat sheet of markers at the river, though I know most of them anyway)  but it was at least that.   pitstops & water stops & catch my breath stops.  It was 60F with 90% humidity to start, 70 but only 67% at the end.  was great in the shady spots!  ahr 166,  the pace not counting the stops was about 9:44, (polar still kaput), add in the stops & it adds about a minute. 

meant to say yesterday, hi Tag!   & yes of course you are a good boy.  don't forget to give your dad his present today!

I ran a 5K today and set a new PR 19:20.  WTH?  I don't really know what to say about that.  I am freaking out!

Well I know what to say! AWESOME! Nice speed there wannaberunner and savor it---don't freak out.

Sweet PR!

Nice 11 there dg......building the miles well now.

I look my best blurry!

Breathe, breathe...... Mostly because CNYrunner called "me" awesome.  NOW I am freaking out!!!!     Thanks, Karin!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

gracias mari-san.

erika - you were flying! was that 10K all downhill from the top of Ester Dome or something?

you might be the PR goddess queen for this year. 

jtv - will you be here long enough to volunteer with me at the Saturday Rock'n'Roll Marathon I missed last year? 

I going to get a  Seattle RnR shirt to go with the San Diego ones in those days no matter what.

ps - maybe we can help divechief and francesca carboload at the pink door or meet at the expo

after your daily work duties (if they ever let you have any time off). 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)