Masters Running

Cherry Tree Tuesday's (Read 45 times)

NHLA

Holly  I was in the yard last year in pick boxers and looked up and there was a 400lb bear and two cubs. I thought they are going to find me dead in pick underwear.

Jay you just keep too much on your plate.

dave  Got to be hard to sleep wired up.

Tet  heck of a long run.

fatoz great long run. ucan sounds interesting.

evan no trail sucks

Going to run later.

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning everybody!  Thanks for the start NHLA!

So...I went and saw my granddaughter, last night.  She turned 11...

See why I call her Weiner?

Dave59

In keeping with today's picture theme, here is one for SteveP from today's Argyle Sweater:

http://i59.tinypic.com/wkjukh.jpg

I get the wires off in a little bit.  I hope it doesn't take too long to get the results.  I had a few periods where it felt like my heart was skipping a beat and now I get to find out if it is real or if I am crazy.  (I would prefer crazy.)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

You've got cherry buds/blossoms, NHLA! We've still got bare branches with only very slight signs of budding - a ways to go.

I see why she calls you Shrimp, Mike - she's a tall one. Great smiles on both of you!

Last night, our Selectmen gave us (the conservation commission) their support to start the process of establishing an official Town Forest, and to set it up as 'community-managed' so that we can get local residents involved. That should help create more awareness of and pride in this wonderful town-owned wooded expanse. Now the real work begins...

Especially after getting such a lousy night's sleep on Sunday, I decided to get some extra zzz's this morning. I'm glad I didn't have an image of NHLA in the woods in his pink boxers in my head when I was trying to sleep. 

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...What a Doll mike//////

========

...20mprnb

.......see the ortho doc Friday,

probably

why I'm Not in The Mood today

.......................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

I see why she calls you Shrimp, Mike - she's a tall one. Great smiles on both of you!

+1

NHLA - Glad you didn't get eaten by the bear.

Here's hoping that Dave is crazy...

Frigid temps again made me drag my feet about going outside this morning.  That and doing some laundry used up too much of my before-work time so I ended up with only 4 miles on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Gorgeous smile of the princess and marathon winner grandpa!

NHLA, cherry blossoms already!!! Ours is getting closer.

Hermosaboy was here yesterday! How cool is that!

8 timeless smiles under perfect running weather, about 32F and calm in the beginning, then the wind started picking up fast and furious.

Well, this early morning I was reminded again how fortunate I am. 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

Hi everybody  : )

Lots to comment on but I woke up this morning w/ really sharp shoulder pain, so since I don't know yet what it is, I will exercise (oh boy, exercise!!  ; )) restraint...

Tet....    awesome.   I wish we had a flower emoticon, I'd give you a big congratulatory bouquet.    (yikes.   are you going to start 'training' now??)

Leslie I'm glad that stuff (forget the name, won't go look.  see, self discipline)  worked for you!!

re tired of sitting...  I have an L shaped desk & made the right half of it into a stand up desk, just with milk crates & cardboard boxes.   It was cheap & it's helped a lot.  

Not much going on here but, well, I can throw in an underwear story.     Most everything I do now could described as minimalist  : ).    Especially at the end of the day & my clothes tend to just get tossed in a pile.    And then put back on in the morning, skipping the closet step.   After the last time I went to the doctors, back & forth thru the hospital, down to xrays, etc., then to work...  I looked down & saw something funny at the end of my pants leg.  Thought at first it was the ankle brace I'd taken with me to show the doctor, stuck to me w/velcro.    Anyway, it was a pair of underwear that had worked their way down my pant leg.  Not pink.   But I'm glad they waited to appear.

I too hope Dave is crazy.      bat mobile.   : D

Great pictures!

Hope you feel better soon Tselbs.

NHLA.... the rest of the story?

mta, Erka I hope your ankle's ok.    & that your ice disappears soon
                  tw.... g'luck  ((( )))

Marathon Maniac #957

I will exercise (oh boy, exercise!!  ; )) restraint...

Glad you found the underwear before anyone noticed.

Mariposai - what was your news?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

Jay, we also have no buds, but I saw the start of spring on a protected area of the local reservoir which is runnable before our 2-4" expected tonight.  have a twangy foot so ran 5 including 3 one-mile loops on dirt.

shout-outs later - marj

...dg//...........(( ))'s back at'cha........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

what a great accolate from one great runner and guy to another great runner and guy

As for Mike and me in the same paragraph -- let's be clear, I have NEVER won a marathon!!!

<noscript>dg - take care of your shoulder 'cause, not that I would know anything about it or anything like that, in a couple decades you won't be able to do anything about all those little (and big) annoying aches and pains.

ps - no worry about over training as I'm only up to 22 miles out of 222 YTD.

thanks.

/

from pink pajamas to pink cherry blossoms.

Is it marg who knows where this is?

I think enke works nearby.

today's light drizzle is marking the end of the weekend's

perfect peak of the blossoms.

,,Cherry Blossoms UW Quad Kate .......grey Cherry blossom season

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

NHLA and Dg's comments re underwear made me almost spit out my lunch.

We have all kinds of blossoming going on here!! . . . but I won't torture you with pictures.

Your granddaughter is a cutie, Mike.

{{{TomW}}}

This is a cutback week for me.  I was suppose to do 4 EZ this .am., but coach told me if I didn't want to do anything, I didn't have to.  Too bad he said that - gave me an excuse to sleep in!

Speaking of sick - The brother of one of the young women who works here is in the hospital with meningitis.  Type unknown until later today or tomorrow, so she's blacklisted from the office right now as the two of them spend a lot of time together.  The unfortunate part is one of the women here, her 7-mo old baby girl stayed with the mom a couple of days after the brother was at the mom's house for over a week during his sickness.  So now, out of an abundance of caution, they are probably going to have to put the baby on antibiotics. The brother is REALLY sick, so he's definitely in my prayers.

That's about it.  Back to your regularly scheduled whatever it is you were, or you were supposed to be, doing ~~~

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mrrun

tet - i'm not sure, perhaps the left coast since the east is so cold.  Henrun and I went downtown and took some Boston pics to share.

there are only two of these banners - at the finish line and in front of the Forum (damaged restaurant)

there are many variations including elite, wheel chair and non-elite runners

there are better pics of both the finish line and henrun, but this is the best with both!

i have lots more, but this gives you the idea.  On April 7th, they're opening the memorial exhibit at the Library at the finish line.  there's several weeks of special events - bpl.org

Sayhey! MM#130

Getra pictures, thanks to you all who are posting.

Court today, so no electronics--stopping by briefly before running club speed work night, gak!

Slept in this am, so good so good so good (yes, I'm practicing: So good!)

Still feeling the pain of the transcripts (see my FB post).

Leslie, sorry about the meningitis and the little one.

The post about UCAn is interesting--anyone ever hear of or try FRS?  It was originated for cancer patients but is being advertised in running magazines.

How come I feel more like eating an snacking on days when I don't run, like today???  I'm endulging in a Kashi Chocolate Almond and Seasalt granola bar.  I'm sure it's just empty calories (brown rice syrup -- sugar in disguise) but it's tasty.  And chewy.  And now it's gone.

'Zactly, tet, about Mike and Rob.

Jay--your town kinda reminds me of a book by John Hersey from years back, My Petition For More Space.  Really liked it, although it's troubling (set in the future--brings to life Joni Mitchell's phrase "tree museum.")

Got some new Pumas on sale and they look really fun to wear.  It was raining this am, part of why I decided to sleep in, so I am impatiently waiting to take them out for a spin.

More peekshures, keep 'em coming!

Hang in there, the winter will go away, it will it will it will.   (And you're right Holly, I'll soon be returning from pre dawn runs just dripping with H&H.  And I signed up for an August marathon. 

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)