Masters Running

What is so rare as a day in June? 6/2/16 (Read 31 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

'mornin'

Had to get this to Leslie, Holly and y'all:  http://www.coastaltrailruns.com/bizz_johnson.html

I ran this the same weekend as the Tahoe Marathon, so you can fly into Reno and drive to Susanville.  Really pretty, trails, but not too tough for we road runners.

tet--my running club in Rapid kindly brought me along on trail runs, but I think in part for the comic relief I provided.  I'm a horrible trail runner.  Love it, just am awful.  Afraid I might break a hip or sumptin'.

Another 10K this am.  Downpour last night (Simon got quite the shower, he loves the rainy season) for about an hour, so cooler this am.

Think I'll bypass Speedsters again tonight

After all, it's Dana Carvey's birthday.  Gotta be prudent.

Love Thursdays!

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Morning, Amy.  Now that you've clarified which Jay we have, he's not here.   Strange that parrots like getting wet.

3.9 miles for me.  no trails.  But nice weather--55° and cloudy.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

I know.  Perhaps we were fooled by the villain.   I think this may be a case for Tag, Avenger Doggie.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

I know.  Perhaps we were fooled by the villain.   I think this may be a case for Tag, Avenger Doggie.

Yes!

Amy - I ran Bizz Johnson a number of years ago and yes, it's a very benign "trail" run - rails to trails.  Beautiful, though.  Susanville is a very small hick town (and I say "hick" with lots of love) about 6 hrs east of me.  I've thought about going back and running the 50k.  My one and only adventure there - it was so cold in the morning that one guy's sweat formed icicles hanging off the brim of his hat.  That's probably the coldest I've ever been on a run.  Clearly, I was not dressed appropriately!  The finisher's "medal" was a wooden train whistle!

I decided to not get up this morning, which means I'll be working out after work.

Have a good one, friends ~~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Too busy to take more than an hour to run in this morning
            so five cyclemutes at 60-degrees under cloudy skies. 
            Too light out to check out new, super-bright 750 lumen cyclelamp acquired at REI’s Memorial Day sale but I’ll get to use it tonight after going to a documentary about fish in Japan as one of the few topics that could get me to go to the annual Seattle International Film Festival I’ve never gone to before because I couldn’t figure out why anyone would waste any of the precious daylight we get in the summer, supposedly making up for the skimpy daylight in winter, by intentionally going inside a dark auditorium for and hour and more.  Now, I can hardly wait to see the film but even more when it’s over and pitch black outside to really try out the new lighting for the five mile return ‘mute.  yippee.
            ps - did somebody who was thinking about marathon retirement after her recent Boston Marathon

mention something about the Flyin’ Pig.  Now, that’s the kind of "retirement" talk I like to hear.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

No run this morning after yesterday's 9 miler but I felt pretty good when I got up.  I am on track to hit 40 miles this week, only because Monday was a holiday and I had shifted my long run from last weekend to it.

I have been having fantasies lately of really sucking it up in the next 3 months to train properly for the Portland half and attempt a PR.  It's a nice daydream, and perhaps if I can make a routine out of a 9-10 mile (medium-long) run on Wed mornings I can get my mileage up to 40 a week and sustain it there.  Oh, and lose 10-15 pounds too.  Then I'd have a shot at a PR - it is a flat course after all.  I think Mike has inspired me with what he accomplished last week.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

mrrun

Tet - some retired folks don't go back to work or run marathons.  There's a 5k, 10k & half - all wonderful choices

no run today - too many appts/class although woke at j'oclock & thought about running but sleep won out

Marathon Maniac #957

Fly-by post - no run today, but about 30 minutes of weights and core.

Happy Thursday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

So sad - didn't get to run on Global Running Day yesterday .... I did however work an unsatisfactory 16 hour shift - meaning I didn't get a baby!! LOL  Still need to follow up with my friend who took over for me and see what time the pt delivered and how she did!!

So the running is still not going well - have done 2 3ish mile runs using the .5 run/.1 walk method and while I am ok running, I am not so ok afterward. The sciaitca really kicks up even after stretching and doing my PT exercises tot he point where I really needed to take an Alleve - boo!!  I did however feel great after a 50 mile bike ride along the coast in Maine Friday and then a 28.5 mile ride on Monday.

Going in to a rough work stretch Friday and Saturday days then Sun/Mon/Tues nights --- yuck!! Should be interesting!!

Granddaughter #2 to arrive by c/s on Monday unless labor happens before then - very exciting!!

Happy Trails my friends!!

denise

Can I catch a flight with Holly S.? No run for me either. I did spend time on the elliptical. Not that it is the same. Then I got to wait around for the HVAC guy to show up late and take a lot longer than expected. Tomorrow is another day.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

I have been having fantasies lately of really sucking it up in the next 3 months to train properly for the Portland half and attempt a PR.  It's a nice daydream, and perhaps if I can make a routine out of a 9-10 mile (medium-long) run on Wed mornings I can get my mileage up to 40 a week and sustain it there.  Oh, and lose 10-15 pounds too.  Then I'd have a shot at a PR - it is a flat course after all.  I think Mike has inspired me with what he accomplished last week.

Go enkie go!!!!!!

6 miles for me today.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

5 miles tonight, progressive pace with the first mile in the 8:40 range and the last mile in the 7:30's. Legs felt a little sloggy at the start (that is a word, right?) but felt better as I went along. Chest still tight and coughing a bit, and more after the run, but basically feeling better. We had rain all night and this morning, but it cleared off a bit this afternoon and my run was in upper 50's with no wind and sunshine peeking thru the clouds.

SteveP

Granddaughter #2 to arrive by c/s on Monday unless labor happens before then - very exciting!!

Happy Trails my friends!!

SteveP