Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 1.12.18 (Read 39 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thursday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (4.5 dark miles in Riverside, CA with a fully-charged headlamp)
    Jlynne (5.9 morning miles in 46° temps + 25 min of core & stability stuff)
    Stumpy (4 extended lake loop miles in shorts & l/s shirt in 36° temps)
    Spacityrunner (2.3 miles ‘round the hood in 59° temps with 95% H)
    Dave59 (30 min. uninspired run at the park)
    Deeze (7.5 outside miles in 51°f temps)
    Tomwhite (60 min on Nordic Trak)
    Mike (6 EZ TM miles)
    C-R (6.5 evening TM miles)

Spacityrunner (run in the rain in 60° to avoid the sliding temps)

Twocat (7 miles with the training partner)

Surly BIll (9.2 miles at 7:48 pace in near 60° "false Spring")

Henrun (4.2 PM miles in cloudy 50° weather)

Falconfixer (8.75 miles in 70s temps)

Catwhoorg (5 lunchtime miles + 5 wet post-work miles)

Mariposai (1 hr snow shoveling cross-training)

So sorry, Deeze, about the passing of DH’s sister, and about Justin’s agitation.

7.9 RW pre-dawn, pre-rain miles in 39° with some dense ground fog.

Have a greta Friday and weekend.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

On a deadline so a fly-by post today.

Strange warm (62F) and humid weather this morning with light drizzle. (Should be 30 degrees colder tomorrow.)

5 miles.

Have a great weekend.  Football anyone?

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hated to miss another shorts weather run, but the running alarm was just too damn early.  So one hour of cross-sleeping instead.  Will admit it felt good.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

3.2 final Riverside miles.  My chances of getting home tonight are not great, with the snow and ice in Tennessee.  I hope I don’t get stuck somewhere.... and I hope I don’t have to run Saturday’s streak mile in some airport in my cowboy boots.

Go Eagles (without the good QB)  and go Titans (no chance there, unfortunately).

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Henrun

Very mild this morning before the mega rain begins. Contuing my every other day run routine I went out for a high intensity one mile walk this morning-other walks planned through the day.

Last evening had a fantastic dinner of shrimp, red snapper and Asian veggies cooked by Marj’s DIL’s mother who is returning to Hong Kong after a 2 month visit here. Wonderful lady- but difficult to communicate with her. She doesn’t speak English and we don’t speak Cantonese.

Have a great weekend.

Jlynne

Good morning folks. Thanks for your recap Jay - always appreciated.

Safe travels RunnerKSA - hope you make it home safely.

Cross sleeping? Nice option Kevin!

What type of vegetables were included with that amazing seafood dinner you had last night Henry?

Hope you enjoyed that last batch of warm weather for awhile Tramps. Winter is back here with a vengeance again. 14° at 5:00 AM with a 10-15 mph wind out of the NW. A good day for the Y, except all of the treadmills were taken when I got there. Really? Friday? 5:15 AM? Take a break people! I didn't feel like waiting so I went on the elliptical for an hour and watched 4 men playing racquetball. That was a good diversion  Then I did 10 minutes on the rowing machine and 15 minutes of core and stability.

DH and I are going to see "The Post" tonight. Looking forward to it, and perusing real estate options in Norway...

Henrun

What type of vegetables were included with that amazing seafood dinner you had last night Henry?

Peppers and Chinese broccoli. Also steamed rice and homemade chili sauce (for those who wanted an extra kick).

''..............and perusing real estate options in Norway..........''

........wonder how That Line was received in Wisconsin and Minnesota......

================

...but I digress.......

temps dropping from 55 to 18 tonite  here

was 40s when I went out

30s when I came in

.........50-min HH with Hills

.................Good Running to Ya.....................and Safe Driving........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Last evening had a fantastic dinner of shrimp, red snapper and Asian veggies cooked by Marj’s DIL’s mother who is returning to Hong Kong after a 2 month visit here. Wonderful lady- but difficult to communicate with her. She doesn’t speak English and we don’t speak Cantonese.

Sure would be nice if she could stop by Seattle on the way back to HK.  It’s a very rare, if any, Chinese restaurant around here that takes advantage of the abundance of fresh seafoods.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

C-R

Thanks Jay.

Safe travels KSA

Ice storm around 4 am this morning and now snow. Roads were too icy and we even closed schools today. So 5k on the dreadmill today. Thankfully I completed my lululemon challenge on Wednesday.

Stay warm and safe out there everyone. Brrrr.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I got nuthin' again.

{{{Deez!!}} When it rains it pours, doesn't it?  Lots and lots of hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

4 miles at the park in-between periods of rain.

Now just waiting for the cold to come back and see if we get ice, snow, or nothing.

Thanks Leslie and everyone. It definitely is pouring on us right now but this too shall pass.

Kenny's mom is here with us and mulling her options. We really can't have her living on Cape Cod alone anymore, but she is hesitant to move. She knows the house is too much for her, but at the same time it is hard for her to make the decision. I am going to look into senior housing in our town because even when you get your name on a list, it can be a long wait and that will give her time to adjust to the idea.

Body Pump class, 3.2 mild temp miles for me today - thank goodness I can work out and run right now!!

denise

evanflein

Hello everyone! I've been absent the last couple of days because it's just been crazy busy in my life recently. We got in to Newark NJ (no Holly, there's no way we'd ever fly into/out of JFK ever again. Ever.) early but that means we had to sit on the tarmac for 15 minutes waiting for the gate to be vacated. Alaska Airlines only has two gates here, and if one flight is early before the other one leaves, we need to sit and wait. Two hours later we were at our hotel, and found a great place for dinner close by.

We haven't stayed in the Financial District of Manhattan before, we're usually closer to Hell's Kitchen/Times Square area. I like running from there up to the George Washington Bridge along the Hudson River, it's a really nice path with parks and green space almost the whole way. Here, we started down by Pier 15 and went north up to where the path pretty much ended by NYU Medical Center. Rain with heavy fog but warm enough, just wet and windy. Here's the relive of my run, I took pictures of the foggy views.

Ran 7.2 miles on the TM at home before we left, and today's run was 7.6 so I'm up to 21 and change for the week. Still a little over 3 miles behind that pace bunny.

Holly, you should consider paying for a driving class for your DD. We did that with DS1 and it was well worth it. He learned much more from that instructor than he ever would have from us, and we kept our sanity. They also administered the drivers' license exam (the driving part) and he passed the first time. I highly recommend it.

Deez, sorry to hear about your loss and Justin's relapse. Glad you've got a good relationship with a PCP who can give you the help/support you need.

Jlynne hard to argue with a nice local race with no travel required. I've done the Equinox 13 times now.

^5 Tammy on the bonus and the raise! And no annoying performance review is a bonus+.

Surly Bill is fast and funny. Good combination, his life accomplice has a lot to keep up with.

Ok, time to go find some dinner. One thing I love about Manhattan is the plethora of outstanding restaurants, just about anywhere you look! Tomorrow we have brunch with our friends and I brought some of my cranberry jam they should like. She's from Fairbanks (my sister's BF from school) and he's some famous astrophysicist she met in college....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Tomorrow we have brunch with our friends and I brought some of my cranberry jam they should like. She's from Fairbanks (my sister's BF from school) and he's some famous astrophysicist she met in college....

Not THE famous astrophysicist?!? NdGT?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.