Masters Running

Merry Christmas! Runs and Happy Times. (Read 435 times)

Merry Christmas all my Virtual friends! Remember the Reason for the Season.  Enjoy your family and friends.

3 easy recovery paced miles in 29 minutes.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I Can Go The Distance

Merry Christmas Masters Runners,

Bill, I guess we are the only ones not snowed in today. 49 and sunny when I went out to run this morning at 6 am. 6 miles easy in 57:33.

Off to church now and then I will watch the Laker game followed by USC in the Emerald Bowl (what we're not in the Rose Bowl?). After that dinner and watch "It's a Wonderful Life."

Hope everyone has a great day with family and friends.

Christ is Born! Glorify Him!

Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Merry Christmas to all!

I hope everyone is having a happy Christmas with family and friends.  Rest day for me, visiting relatives later.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Rest Day for me...Work later...The jail doesn't shut down for Christmas...

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
            Merry Christmas!

I was up last, and all were tapping their feet while I finished my run and shower before opening gifts.  We have dawndaughter1, dawndaughter2, and Nate squared here for the holiday.  Yes, there will be pictures, but not right this minute Smile

3.1 miles, 29:15, 9:18/mi, AHR 136 (66% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Rest day for me today, too. First one in quite a while, so that's ok. Dinner later at my brother's with the whole family. I hope everyone has a joyous Christmas and enjoy the time with loved ones.

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Merry Christmas one and all. 

Hope everyone got good running presents.  Me, I got a garmin 310xt watch a little early, but, I truely love it.  Much, much better technology than even the 305 (which I used for 4 years).  I got Runrwife a diamond knot necklace.  In return I gots lots and lots of kisses.  I think she likes it. 

Interval day for me.  Who makes up these running schedules.  UH, ya, that would be me..  Anyway, 12.0 miles including 16 x 1/4 mile (1:40 ave) with 1/4 mile interval (2:07 ave), 2 mile wu and 2 mile cd.  nice way to get the morning and body going.

Time to watch the Celtics play some ball.  Then its Christmas meal.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Marathon Maniac #957

Merry Christmas!

Shadowrunner – welcome!

WRFB – they waited for you?    

PDR – I hope your dad is proving them wrong again – {{{healing vibes}}}

Since we had my mom and SD over last night, and the family event for my dad and SM is Sunday, we didn’t have to go anywhere today – very nice!

DD woke me up at 1am to whisper, “I know it’s too early to get up, but Santa came and THERE’S A BIKE!!!”  We peeked together at the presents under the tree and the new bike, then went back to bed.  She then woke me up again at 2:32am...... and again at 4:44am....  At this point we gave up and got up…”I didn’t sleep at all!  I was awake ALL NIGHT!” she told me…..

Later……..5 easy-paced miles for me on the TM at 10:00, followed by some light x-training: front raises, seated reverse flies, dumbbell curls, triceps extensions, incline dumbbell press, bent rows, weighted squats, dead lifts, weighted duck squats, and stability ball crunches.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Oh, Holly!  DD must have been so excited!  and you must be so exhausted!

I was up early to get 3 miles in before everyone else woke up.  NJ (Nate Jr) was up at 2 for awhile.  He's usually a good sleeper at night, but it's hard for babies to adjust to new surroundings. Hopefully he'll do better tonight.

The girls went over to the hospital with me, while the guys watched the baby.  D-O-D seemed better, and good naturedly let me dress him up in a Santa hat while we helped him open his gifts.

Now we're home and preparing a wonderful Christmas dinner.  WRFB is doing most of the cooking this year - a huge Christmas gift in itself.

Merry Christmas everyone.  I hope you're enjoying peaceful time with friends and family.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

front raises, seated reverse flies, dumbbell curls, triceps extensions, incline dumbbell press, bent rows, weighted squats, dead lifts, weighted duck squats, and stability ball crunches.

Holly, my eyes get sore just reading that.

I hope that your father is doing better, PDR.

7.6 for me today; after all the presents were opened, the girls were fed and bundled up and sent to their Mom's house to do it all over again.

Men shouldn't be allowed anywhere near wrapping paper.

I hope that all of you are having a good day today.

Walt

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Merry Christmas to all the boomer/master runners,

especially the golden goddess up where it's really like Christmas.

--------

however, francesca, if you start the year off with an extra zero on the 5K Resolution Run

you used to do too, you'll be close to 12,000 miles by the end of the year!

----------

mikemp - I'll  probably be stayin' put in January but if you can get over there a day early for the weekend, you'd be able to participate in the Joyful Running Club's annual New Year's Onsen-hotspring Bash, . .  I mean marathon in Hiratsuka less an hour south of Yokosuka.  Tell the Navy bosses 'em you need a weekend for jet-lag adjustment. You're a civilian you know.

---------------

twocat - please show a close-up of that beautiful sandy beach

with you and yours in the proper footwear, . . . I mean not in footwear

=================================.

Live ArcticCam image

i wish your merry christmas! by beth harriet.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Every Mile is a Gift

Merry Christmas everyone! Got in an easy 3.5 miler (to continue a 15-day running streak) before the kids went crazy in anticipation of opening presents. Enjoy your afternoon/evening!

Often injured, NEVER giving up.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Merry Xmas everyone!!!

I got an extra present today. Went with the family to Carkeek Park ,wearing my running clothes of course, and found 2 Maniac friends out there!! We ran together 2 loops of the park where in October I had run that tough 12h race. What fun!! Must be the food/sweets overload I'm on but I was out of breath before I had run my first mile..!!!

Now I'm heading to the kitchen to make gnocchi!

Francesca

Mariposai

Merry Christmas you all.

Rassmussemp, it is so great seeing you here in RALAnd.

Great pictures posted by twocat last night. I hope Those 2.2 and 1.8 in the beach, were measured while running.

14 miles for me today. Since my DH and I are traveling to Seattle for the weekend I decided to do my LR today.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Merry Merry Christmas Friends!!

no run for me since Sunday but hopefully will get something in so i dont have a goose egg week!! 

Holly -- i wish i had 1/2 your energy -- sounds like you barely slept and still put in an amazing workout today!!

i had a great Christmas Eve with family at my sister's house, midnight mass with my sons which fills my heart, then a really nice day before coming in to work for 7p.............LIFE IS GOOD!!

denise