Masters Running

Weight a Second - How Much Do I Weigh?? (Read 472 times)

I wanted to throw the scales through the window this morning.  146.8.  Where the #%*& did that come from?  I haven't eaten that many Tim Tams.  Last night had my first one in like 4 or 5 days.  Musta been my overindulgence on beans and cornbread this past week.  {sigh} No more of that stuff for awhile.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tramps

Ha!  Love the title.  I've had the same thought.  Basically during December I managed to gain 7 pounds and shoot up to 162.  Holiday detox is slowly helping...down to 160 now on my way to <155.

It's been said a thousand times but it really is amazing how fast it goes on and how slowly it comes off.

Be safe. Be kind.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ha, Leslie, that's what I said at my gyn. checkup last week!  WTH??  Sigh.  Tramps, 7 pounds was my gain during that time period, too.  Yikes.  The good news is that I've run over 27 miles in the past 7 days, so I should manage to take off the weight pretty quickly.  I'm lucky in that respect - if I'm just halfway careful, I can lose weight easily.

Renee the dog

I think I ate about 10,000 calories a day every day in December. Don't do the math.  It's not necessary.  My running clothes groan when I put them on!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I should manage to take off the weight pretty quickly.  I'm lucky in that respect - if I'm just halfway careful, I can lose weight easily.

I wouldn't be sayin' that too loudly around here.  It could get you in trouble.

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

I now officially hate Teresa. Sorry dear, nothing personal. Just had to be said.

Leslie, you and I are really in a parallel universe. That's what I was this morning! (well, 146.5 as my scale only goes in .5 increments) And I've been working out like crazy, watching what I eat (and drink) and even keeping a food journal (but just recently). As I already knew, I'm good during the day but tend to fall apart in the evening. Need to get rid of all the snacks, or just get things the kids eat and I don't like.

Prince of Fatness

As I already knew, I'm good during the day but tend to fall apart in the evening.

Evening is the worst time for me, too.  If I cut out the crap between dinner and bedtime I lose weight.

As for me, <sigh>, 173.5.  That's up 2 from 3 weeks ago (I boycotted the scale the last couple of weeks).  I'm not that upset though, as I think I got back into a good routine this week.  I expect to be down 5 pounds by the end of the month.

Not at it at all. 

Although I'm not a big "junk" eater and there wasn't a lot of crap around me at Christmas (well, except for the 2 LARGE boxes of candy delivered to my one job . . . ), I got carried away with portion size during my bean and cornbread pig fest this past week.

Harkening back to my childhood - a pot of pinto beans and ham hock, pan of cornbread, and what I absolutely love but did not fix, fried potatoes (fried in Crisco, nonetheless).  Cripes, my mom made good fried potatoes.  She always got just the right amount of crispness to them.

Crumble the cornbread in the middle of the plate, pile on the beans, smother in butter and ketchup - - I just can't help myself.

But now it's back to yogurt and granola . . . 

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

I started at the beginning of December at 113 (keep in mind that's still 5 lbs over where I'd like to be), bounced up to 118, then dropped back to 115 (at least for today). 

I baked a lot and we had lots of goodies around the house, but I also ran my a$$ off during that couple weeks.  Or tried to, anyway.

I'm finding these double shifts are trouble, too.  I come home, wolf down a quick dinner, and go to the evening job.  Then I come home from THAT and want to eat everything in sight.  I'm trying to limit it to a yogurt, but those Sun Chips are really hard to resist.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

And that, my friends, says it all.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

You gals are so close to me in weight.  I'm 147.5 and should be 138.  Ten pounds to lose and again I was at the cheesies last night.

Those bacon bleu cheese burgers over the holidays did me in, they must be 1,000 calories each.  I'm aiming for a pound a week but secrectly want it to come off faster.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Ya, and you gals are probably all 5'10".  I already know you are all gorgeous.

Deb - you look like a little twig in your picture, plus you are working out ALL the time.

Holly - can't you subtract 3 pounds for hair?   Wink

Me? - still holding around 141 and I hope to see the 130's again sometime soon.   I have decided that 134 is my "happy" weight.  

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

And that, my friends, says it all.

Big grin

you called it pretty well with "Where the #%*& did that come from?"  

Enke, I know.  I want it off Right Now.  sigh. 

evanflein

Little Twig... heh. I don't think any of us are 5' 10" but maybe some of us should be

As I was finishing up my workout yesterday, doing the last of my double arm rows after the time on the rowing machine... how I wish I could just *Ping* be back to where I was a couple years ago. I was 132-135 for so long, and feel like that's my real "happy weight," but I don't think I'll ever get back there. Life is just different now, it seems. Not sure how or why. But I'm still saying I'd love to lose 8-10 lbs, and I'm hoping a slow and steady approach works. Goal is to have it gone by end of May...

Leslie, I don't eat junk food either. My worst thing is those honey-wheat pretzel twists... just love 'em. My problem is portion control, and I'm working on that... but also the snacking. It's all good stuff, just too much: almonds, rosemary triscuits with cheese, popcorn (not the microwave carp), etc. I also know full well I'd have an easier time if I gave up wine... and I've cut way back. But there's gotta be a little joy in life, right? If I had my choice of being at my happy weight again by giving up wine, or continue to be a little heavier but enjoy the wine, there's no contest. Trying to combine the two is hard... but I think doable. (right?)