Masters Running

40's + On the Run w/e 7/11 (Read 425 times)

Woo hoo!  Joe's 3rd marathon coming up.  Very nice way to celebrate getting younger.

And I wasn't offended. Looks to someone else Were you offended?  No?  Well, then I'm sure I don't know what he's talking about.  It must be an age thing.  saunters off into the horizon whistling.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

So!?! wha'dja sign up for huh Spike?  er Joe!
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

BTW, I just signed up for my third marathon today which will be run 2 days after my 50th birthday. Good thing I'm really only going to be the "new" 38 !!

Wait a minute.  Someone's math is a little dodgy here, unless that marathon is like 8 years out.   (8?  Yeah, 8.  'Cause tha't make him 29 now, 30 for the upcoming bday.  Then 38 would be another 8 years.  Holy mackeral.  This new math gives me a headache.  Yeah, me, too.  Let's go get a margarita, instead. Now yer talkin'!)

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Hey, nj joe, aging up is great stuff!   Good luck.

Any of you in this forum would like taking the fun free test on Internet called something like Your True Age.   Best way to lose years around.  You will all come out as kids.  Even I was, well, 60.   Woods lady

flatland mountaineer

whats left of harvest is here, will be kinda scarce for awhile. good runs to you all

Jim

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Queen of 3rd Place

Jim - see ya soon, best wishes, and don't get hurt!

Stumpy - Heyyyyy, you're right, we can select to be as immature as we wanna be. Or something like that.

Joe - you can't leave us wondering like that!

As for me, I'm signed up for RNR Phoenix in January. Might do a little local marathon in November, as well. So one of those will be #3. Practice makes perfect better.

Arla

Ex runner

Lots of chatter going on in here......

Hang in there Jim and get it done. We'll chat with you when you get your work caught up.

Leslie, I too hope the weather cooperates for you and it isn't too warm. Best of luck to you! Love that utube video. That's insane.....

Sounds like Cindy had a great time, and I loved all of your pics. Beautiful area and a darn good looking bunch there.

Arla and joe signing up for some upcoming races. You two have some serious miles behind you.

Hiya Carol, still getting some runs in at the park? Hope all is well.

A big hello to Stumpy and Woods Lady.....

Having my cup of mojo first, then heading out to the gym.

MTA: arms/abs/2.5 miles

TGIF.........Jewels

But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

jfa

Regarding my marathon, it's going to be on Oct 18th in Asbury Park, NJ (yes it's where Springsteen started out and where my friends and I used to sneak into the Stone Pony when we were really about 16yo) Anyway,it's the first time for this race,extremely flat,and where I do a lot of running now anyway. Should be fun.

That's down the road and today is about wishing Leslie a Good Race! I dug up some quotes to help you through it.

"It takes a little courage, and a little self-control. And some grim determination, If you want to reach the goal. It takes a great deal of striving, and a firm and stern-set chin. No matter what the battle, if you really want to win, there's no easy path to glory. There is no road to fame. Life, however we may view it, Is no simple parlor game; But its prizes call for fighting, For endurance and for grit; For a rugged disposition that will not quit."

Navy SEAL Masterchief

"People with goals succeed because they know where they're going." Earl Nightingale

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." Mahatma Gandhi

Best of Luck ! Go gettem kid!!

Top 'O the World!

TGIF!!!    although I must say that I'm at least a day off still....

Okay, simplify the math....nobody's over 29 1/5    + some are just more "experienced" at it than others...

Good luck w/your harvest Jim...I know stuff up by Torrington didn't look as it should!   We'll miss ya! pop in when ya can.

Hey Jewels! Sounds like your workouts are coming right along. Good job!

Hey Ev & Carol....how ya holdin up w/the renewed heat??    warming right up here too....low 90's on deck for later....& of course, the later day T-storms....

50 days of running every day so far....amazingly, it's getting somewhat easier!  I am pleasantly surprised.  Had always adhered to the idea of mandatory rest days....now, I am taking easier days...& taking naps when I can & feel the need...though less than I thought I would....was a little tough through working events & vacation things but, easier runs on those days has made it doable.

mta:  oh yeah ~  GOOD LUCK LESLIE!!  WOO-HOO!!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                      Thanks, Joe.   (she says a tad misty-eyed . . .)

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Just walking thru the office and thought I needed to

Wish Leslie a good Race!!!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Queen of 3rd Place

GO LESLIE!!!  What are your fashion plans?

Jewels - "arms/abs/2.5 miles" - niiice. I wish I had abs, instead of ab.

Joe - Got any goal/dream/wildly inapproapriate fantasy times in mind for your Fall marathon?

Cindy - I agree that a super-easy day makes me feel better than a rest day. Getting good sleep sure is good magic, too.

Jim - (waves)...

Heading to Monterey Bay for the weekend, to enjoy some cooler temps for a Sunday long run. And seafood...I'm all about see-food...

Arla

Ex runner

Good luck to Leslie on her gathering of insane people running insane distances on insane inclines goal race this weekend!  You've trained, you've been through gall bladder surgery, you've tapered, you are ready to rock it!

Joe, good luck in your 5 miler this weekend!  A walk in the park for you, unless of course you push it, which I have a feeling you will.

Looking forward to race reports, fashion reports and pictures!

Speaking of pictures, Cindy, yours were great. 

Been locked out of page 2 and page 3 of this thread for some reason for the last couple of days...not sure what's up with that.  We're on a string of 100 degree days here with nary a breeze in the mornings, so I'm AWOL on running.  Next gym visit scheduled for tomorrow morning. 

Progress Trumps Pefection

All the best to you Leslie......we are all rooting for you. You're going to do great!

Jewels

But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                              stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Have a super race, Leslie.  I have this funny feeling that you're crazy enough to do great!!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.