Masters Running

Saturday - 1/14/2017: has running ever helped at your workplace? (Read 39 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Thanks for checking in, tet.  I was worried that you had gone to GS land and who knows what kind of trouble you could get yourself into up there.

Nice looking grandkids, Marj.  Be careful with them knives!

The sun is out!  I went 8 miles under sunny skies and little wind.  It was so nice!  22o never felt so warm.

That's about all I've got.  I guess I'll go watch some football.  See ya!

TammyinGP

Tet - isn't this when you might think about tapering down your work hours to transition into retirement. you are going the wrong way I think.

Hey Erika - I see we are on the same team!  I'll try and kick it up a notch in my running 

At the Seahawks half time I went for a run with Bella, then came home, saw we weren't doing so hot in the 3rd qtr, so went out for a run with Bailey. Came home and saw we were doing even worse.  too bad for the Hawks but I did get in 5.6 miles today and it was sunny out, so I'm happy about that.

Still about 7 inches of snow at our place and along our driveway, but once I get out to the cul de sac then the roads are dry. Seems so silly that I still can't get my car out yet just 1/4 mile away, the roads are fine. Hopefully the next 2 days of low 40's and sun will melt some more snow.

Tammy

Yeah, it sounds like I'm not gonna live that post down for awhile. 

I love musicals.  My mom and I would watch them together when I was a kid.  I may have to take myself to see La La Land 'cause The Hub sure won't want to go.

Hi, Tet!

14 miles this morning with Heidi at the McKay.  For us, it was cold, cold and lots of mud.  I haven't run 14 miles in well over a month - 

The uneven pelvis issue is getting better.  The 3 exercises I do 3x a day take, oh, about a minute.  I love my physical therapist. 

Those of you freezing your tookus off - hang in there!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Woohoo, Tammy is on my team! I don't know anyone on it (until now), but they seem to be a very friendly team with a good mix of casual and very competitive runners. Just remember, you just have to make your weekly goal, not kill yourself with crazy miles...

I got in 8.5 snowy miles today and while I don't like running in deep loose snow, it was so good to get outside! There was some wind so the icy flakes were poking me in the eyes sometimes, but the temps were good at +5 and as long as I stayed in the tire tracks the footing was pretty good. Smile

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I dreamed I took a local train an hour out of town on Sunday morning

to another of the one-thousand stair hikes I like so much

to another popular shine perched on top.

This one from 447 AD.

No wonder this country makes me feel so young.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Has your running ever helped out in your work life?

Great to see you Tet. I still get variations of "no one person can do what I do". Possibly because of endurance. Possibly for being too dumb to say, "Hey! That's dumb!". My favorite is when I was Assistant Manager at the largest hotel in the county. Two guys on roids were arm wrestling on an oak table and the table broke. When I mentioned how much they just spent replacing the table, the larger of the two got right in my face and kept repeating, "What Table?". We had a face off until security got a hold of him. The other guy went out the front door and I followed. He asked if I thought I could stop him. I told him I was going to see what car he got into and write down the plate number. He took of running across a field. I followed. He shouted, "How long are you gonna follow me?".

"I'm a distance runner buddy. I can do this for two hours.".

Then he started chasing me. I changed direction back the hotel and said, "I can run this way for two hours too.".

He turned himself in.

Tom White, my advise people who are about to retire is: When you get up and get ready for work, don't do that. Everyday can be Saturday.

Bertha, I'm sorry about your near death experience  man cold. For most women, being in labor is as close as they will ever come to having a man cold.

Yay Flats!!!

Very nice, Tramps.

Yeyouch, Marj. Ouch.  Loves us the grandkids.

How do you plan for things when you just never know what the weather is going to be? 

It affects me more at work. I work inside and outside. I keep layers and batman costumes in my office. And a change of dry clothes just cause.

Grammy, DD#2, GS#2 and GD#2 accompanied the dogs and me on a two miler. I wanted to go further with out missing out on family times.

Honey (bee) loves the snow.

Us guys (and Honey) ran a mile down hill in search of dinosaurs.

Jude (JuJu) saw a little on in the snow.

He ran out of steam.

Josie snored through most of it.

Tag found a stick he liked. I told him to leave it. He has his mom's cuteness and my good judgement.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Steve -

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

''

Then he started chasing me. I changed direction back the hotel and said, "I can run this way for two hours too.".

.......I love it.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

C-R

Awesome Steve!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

oops.I posted in the wrong thread.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**