Masters Running

April nothing but Fools around here ..... (Read 458 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning and Happy April!

Out for 4 miles with Brinkley this moring and it was already 60°!   This is just crazy weather.   10:18 avg. pace / 166 avg. HR    At one point a vehicle slowed down behind me and he rolled his window down saying that he sees me out running a lot in the mornings and that he can see me very good in the front with my headlamp and all, but from behind not so much and that maybe I should turn my blinking light on my arm so it shines behind me more.    I thought that was nice of him.

Towards the end of my run I saw a flatbed truck drive by with several porto-potties on the back and couldn't help but think "where were you yesterday when I needed you!"   Big grin

Brinkley and the gang hope that Tag's dad feels better soon!

Happy Thursday!

P.S.  JLynne - there are close ups of each puppy on my webpage.   I don't want to overload this site with puppy pictures. 

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

ok.   I'll do it. 

Big grin

Cute pictures!  That picture yesterday of the little pups spread out across the floor made me smile.

I'm sorry to not be able to meet Denise during her trip down here.  So near, but couldn't find the time.  Hopefully Boston will give us a better opportunity.

3.5 slow, tentative miles this morning at 10:34 pace.  Just wanted to keep the hamstring quiet.  Same idea tomorrow too.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Renee the dog

Lovin' the puppy pics!

Well Bayside got up early and I was supposed to as well to get my planned 2 miles in...nope. I rolled over and went back to sleep.  But, it is wonderful out there today, so after reading hour at the library, getting our school work done for the day, picking up some supplies off-island, I'm taking the kids, the dog and my Garmin to the beach.  Yep.  It's super-sunny beautiful, and let's hope it holds until all the "necessary work" gets done.  It'll be my first barefoot run of the season. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

dg, how many days has it been now?  And, are you still being a good, patient person? I'm pulling for you to win the patience award. 

breger1, I can understand your frustration, but at least you have a make good planned for Boston!

mary, I think the whole port-a-potty sighting a day late just means you are one step ahead of the rest of the world! 

Good running to all!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Not often I can say that I ran like Byll, but I had 3.1 mile in 33;00, also somewhat tentatively.  But I guess that there is that little detail that he'll be running JUST a little further than me in, oh, about 18 days. 

ETA:  i just signed up for a vacation day on the 19th and, after 30 years in Boston, will be attending the Marathon for the first time.  is there going to be a Masters water stop/cheering section organized this year?  I would hope to be with a few other people--a little lonley to stand there all by myself.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

You've got to teach your self to not be bored and love to want the hurt.

It's just another monosyllabic thursday.

I ran four miles with out a watch so do not know the time.

Walt

the April fool

Here is a muffin challenge.  I have some ripe mangoes that I want to try putting into a muffin.  What would be a good flavor compliment to them in the muffin?  Like banana and chocolate go well together as do strawberries and pecans.  Suggestions?

P.S. Did I mention that I HATE puppies!  JK   Very cute.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tramps

Mary—wow, that is warm. Those temps are headed our way this weekend.

dg—more cute pups.

Byll—hang in there; you’ve got a couple weeks of tapering to baby that hamstring.

Nono—have fun at the beach!

Walt—I think “with out” is fudging the monosyllabic thing.  “Sans watch”?  “No watch”?

Twocat—sorry, I’m no help…except when it comes to eating them.

No fooling around today.  10 MP-ish miles with some good hills @ 7:46.  Hamstring feels okay while running but then tightens up as soon as I stop.

Careful out there.  Don’t get punked.

Be safe. Be kind.

Morning, gang!

Mary (and dg) - the puppy pics are great!  Very nice driver!

dg - I keep forgetting to tell you I saw a spaniel with a snood last weekend.  She looked very stylish!  How is Sadie doing?

{{{{{{{Jeanne and Will}}}}}}}

Stumpy and nono - sometimes rolling over and going back to sleep is the best workout!

Walt - looking forward to seeing that mahaogany table!

Twocat - be careful, that sounds like a Ribs statement.....  How about slivered almonds or crunchy granola with your mangos?

SteveP - feel better soon so your poor dog doesn't have to post for you (though I enjoy reading his posts).

6 walk/run miles on the TM this morning at 11:18 and 132 AHR. 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Dg!   That was surprising to log on and see my own pictures that I didn't post!  Big grin    How are you doing??  

Sorry you and Denise didn't get to meet Byll.   You'll do great in Boston - no doubt in my mind whatsoever.

Enjoy your barefoot run on the beach Nono!!   That sounds marvelous!

That's exciting Stumpy!   You are in charge of picture taking.  Big grin

Nice untimed miles today Walt. 

TwoCat  - I'm of no help either.   I'm sure what ever you come up with will be delicious though!   Want my address?

Nice 10 Tramps - hope the hamstring behaves.

Here is a close up taken this morning:

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mary, maybe that guy just wanted a better view of your behind.

First run in shorts this year, and I only wish I'd put on a short sleeved shirt as well. Rare to get that sweaty on the first of April. Four miles seems to be the order of the day, so that's what I did at an easy 10-minute pace.

Yesterday I did 21 miles on the bike. Going out the rail-trail I was excited that the new bike is so much easier to ride fast, but then when I turned around I realized it had been a tailwind. I was lucky to maintain 12mph on the 10-mile return! This afternoon my DW and I are going for a ride, and tomorrow is another long group ride.

I can't wait for the weekend so I can rest up!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Twocat - the guy in front of me at Rita's yesterday (water ice and custard) got this combo:  mango Italian ice with strawberry and coffee custard.  EEEEEEWWWWWW!  Don't try this at home!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Mariposai

Hey ribs, great race picctures. I think 64591415-004 is a keeper. Great shot of you.

Walt, that mahogany table is going to be a beauty. I am more of an oak girl, but I want to see a picture of this one when you are done. How are the kids doing?

eliz, it is so good to see you here. You can post even when the AT is saying no no for a walk/run.

Rose, I am with you. I would always choose a friend over a run.

Mangos, I love them fresh!!!!! but sounds good with the muffins. I would use almonds and granola like Sue suggested.

OK, you guys with tight hammies...are you doing any stretches? and if so, what kind of stretches??? we are too closed to Boston to be having problems like this...

Oh, last night I was looking at my calendar and entering my race dates on it and I found out that my trail marathon date is the exact day as the cinco de mayo celebration I help organize in the community....somehow i was thinking it was the following day. Anyway I hurry up and tried to find another marathon to run in May, I found one in Spokane. Man, I was so looking forward to running this first trail marathon.

I got some beauty rest this morning. I shall RAW to the track for some speed sessions.

Have a great day!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

2Cat--that's what Ribs USED to say.  Now he has a dog for a running partner.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Baby Will}}}

Mary – I just want to pick one up and cuddle it!

Kameele – you should mention that on the Boston Meetup thread.  Don’t they usually set up a spot near mile #19?

Mariposai – you are just not having the luck with race conflicts this year. 

Dg – we talked to someone at Lowe’s about the kitchen remodel, but, looking at our budget, we won’t be ready to do the cabinets/countertops until about August, 2011, so I figured I would wait until closer to then to look at the software.

Erika – do you have to clean up that night?  Or can you come in the next day?

Spareribs – spiffy duds, great smile...

Walt – solid mahogany, wow!

9 miles for me today in a breezy 53°, including 6 x 800m with 90 sec. recoveries, not looking at my Garmin, just trying for a strong, steady pace:

4:11 (8:22)

4:08 (8:16)

4:21 (8:42)

4:11 (8:22)

4:01 (8:02)

3:57 (7:54)

All over the map, really, but it gives me a sort of baseline to start the season.  I’ve been a real slacker about doing these lately, but I’m going to try to start doing them every week.

Push-ups, lunges, wall-sits, squats.

I registered for the Air Force Marathon today.  Dg – you are coming down, right?  Even if you don’t run, come and stay the weekend at our house.  We can hit Trader Joe’s and get all the foods you like. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."