Masters Running

Monday's Daily: 4.3.17 (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Yesterday's superb workouts:

RunnerKSA (5.5 miles, before leaving the winery)

Tramps (EZ post-race 4 miles)

Henrun (5 miles, longest run in a year)

Twocat (Danbury Half with hillage, 1:43:36, 12/76 AG)

BerthaSlayer (20.1 miles)

Holly 13.3 miles on dead legs, but in nicely warming temps)

Tomwhite (pleasantly surprising 64 min. hiking in 2 lb boots on sports fields)

Mike (8 miles)

Stumpy (2nd AG, 38/154 overall in postponed 5K in shorts and T in 38° temps)

dg. (7 miles with hillage in Holly's 34° temps, taking it easy)

Evanflein (12.2 miles in spitty snow/rain, getting splattered by passing cars, but toughing it out)

Bob H's 152 in 24 is a most amazing and impressive accomplishment - big congrats to him!

Nice racing, Twocat and Stumpy!

For last night's dinner with the chefs and DWs, we had shrimp cocktail and cavier pie to start; a salad of sliced tomatoes, roasted pine nuts, figs and crumbled gorgonzola; baked ziti with a spicy pork and sausage ragu; hashed Brussels sprouts with poppy seeds and lemon; and a chocolate Cointreau cake. We think the chefs were OK with that. There were even some second helpings. Sadly, the only leftovers are a few shrimp and some cake.  After that dinner, it is somehow wrong that I have a dental cleaning this morning, but that's what I've got. I also have a Seacoast Half race committee meeting this evening, so it'll be an interesting and full day.

7.1 RW miles in 34° temps at 3:45 this morning (I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep). My lower back was bothering me a bit during my workout, and my back NEVER bothers me while racewalking (it usually feels better after a workout), so I don't know what that was about. So I did some extra stretches for it, and will see what today brings.

OK - the hygienist calls, and I must answer that call...

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

4.3 treadmill-  raining outside and I don't run in the rain if I can avoid it!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

...dg//.....here is the best back brace I know

https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Horn-Pull-Adjustable-Support-Brace/dp/B005C41DM8/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1491225017&sr=8-1&keywords=pullit+back+brace

after you put it on

it's ''pulls'' to get even firmer...............check it out

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

Nice racing for Twocat and even an AG placement for Stumpy!

Another gorgeous spring day here. Got the lawn tractor out of winter storage yesterday.  Started fine but the drive belt disintegrated halfway through mowing, so I'll have to get one today and finish up tonight if I have time.

Hit the trails today for 10.5 miles.  I was going at a good pace, tripped on a root, and took a nice flying leap.  Definitely airborne on that one.  Fortunately I rolled a bit in the air and came down on my shoulder/back on relatively soft dirt. Skid marks on my shirt and arm but no damage. I did have a nice little shot of adrenaline after that one.

Have a good week.

Be safe. Be kind.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Today is a rest day so only one mile run along the riverfront.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Dave59

In the office today. After work will be either ice cream or the gym.

TammyinGP

Happy Monday Friends!

oooo boy am I sore today. I wish I could even say it's running soreness, but it's from working in the yard yesterday afternoon. it was so nice out - almost 70 - shorts and tshirt weather, so worked on pulling pesky weeds in my landscaping area, did some garden bed cleanup to get the raised beds ready for planting, etc. All that bending over did a number on my low back, so today I'll just focus on doing some quality stretching and maybe take the dogs for a walk when I get home. oh, who am I kidding, I don't take them for a walk - they end up running around on the trails all excited while I walk alone. But Bella does come back to check on me regularly. 

I did run a few trail miles yesterday morning - just 3 - but it put me over my weekly average by 3 or 4 miles so I gained a teeny tiny bit on my pace bunny that I'm behind right now.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - sounds delicious!

Stumpy/Kevin - nice racing!

Tammy - "Happy" and "Monday" don't usually go together in my world.....

I hate to tell those of you with all that snow that this weekend DH mowed the lawn (last weekend was the first time of the season).  I love how the grass is the first thing to really green up in the spring.

When I was running yesterday on the river bike path, I was charged by a goose, I mean he really came after me, both on the way out and when I came back down that stretch a half  hour later.  I picked up a stick and sort of fended him off  (I didn't want to hurt him), but it was unnerving.

No run for me today, just 50 times across the pool (1250 yards).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Anybody else salivating over Jay's dinner??  Oh my!!  Hashed Brussel sprouts with poppy seed and lemon?  I need the skinny on that one.

Mowing lawns happens 12 months out of the year here, unless they're completely sogged out from rain.  Job security for The Hub.

The Gym vs. Ice Cream.  Tough decision.

I made muffins yesterday for work today, and The Hub made stock out of the turkey carcass.  Other than that, I did what I've been doing for weeks and weeks and weeks - sat on my left hip and did nothing.  *sigh*  Do Nothing Days aren't as much fun when you are being forced to do nothing.  I know, waaa, waaa, waaa.  Suck it up, Buttercup! 

Have a good week, friends ~~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Yoga, Pilates, 1100m swim, 11 minutes pool running, 1 mile dog walking - the struggle is real!!

denise

C-R

Busy day in here with some solid workouts. Typical. ;-)

There were some some questions about the castles I visited. The Cinderella one was Burg Eltz. Stems from the 1100's and was built by three family's. Seems one started the castle and the other branches joined. Still owned by one family which is the 33rd generation. The family still keeps a residence there but only visits when the tours are not running (Nov - March). It sits on Moesel River Valley but not on the river. Not as famous as Neuschwanstein in Bavaria but a great place to visit with excellent guides. Highly recommend if you are in central Germany.

The second castle (more pics in this post) is Burg Thurant. A French castle that overlooks the Moesel and the town of Alken. This one is more traditional fortification and if you like you can stay at the castle as they offer a few rooms. Very neat.

I will post some more castle views tomorrow from Landstuhl. Very small but a neat visit.

Oh and found some new trails today. Only wanted to run 4 but ended up over 5 because it was so nice. Enjoy.

Stay here overnight!

Castle chapel

Main Garden - be happy I placed the flower where I did.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

pfriese

Aftrernoon all. Just back from a quick trip to Michigan. No time for running this weekend, but I got out as soon as I got home for a quick 6 miles around the park.

Paul

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I must have still been reeling from today's two butt-chewings from the boss when I went out for my tempo run, today.  About 4 miles into it, I realized I was supposed to be doing my strength workout.  So, instead of doing 3 x 2 miles at 6:40, I did 9 miles at a 6:44 pace...I guess I had some stream to burn off.  Anyway--with a 1.5 mile warm up and a 1.5 mile cool down, I ended up with 12 miles in 1:25:31.

Okay--I'm going to go--I want to be done with this day.  See ya!

evanflein

{Mike's butt} ok, that's not a literal hug of Mike's butt, but you know what I mean. That boss should tread lightly. From what I hear, he's lucky to have your butt in his employ. That's a helluva demon-chasing pace there, Mike.

C-R, we toured through Neuschwanstein a few years ago, and loved the stories of crazy King Ludwig. My DH says my treadmill runs are like crazy King Ludwig's journeys, where he'd figure out how long it would take to get somewhere, and they'd go back and forth in the courtyard for however long that was, and declare that he'd journeyed to wherever it was. Yeah, sounds like a treadmill run.

Speaking of the treadmill, I had the guy who owns the place we bought it from come out today and install the new drive belt, and look for the source of the oil leak that caused the old belt to slip. Well, it was very worn, but also had lube or oil on it that caused it to slip and stick really badly. Couldn't find the source, but got it all cleaned up and adjusted, and it does feel better. So... just in time to kind of ignore it for a few months, right? Oh well. Today was a rest day.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Nice castles

I'd stay there, for sure.

Dry but otherwise uneventful morning five miles for the day became but a warm-up when predicted rain for the rest of the day turned sunny and pure so went back the same way but basking in sunshine all the way as, unlike summertime runs hiding from the shade, I crossed the street and went around several blocks at once to avoid the shade of skyrises and, except for a couple of big trees, stayed in the sun's rays all the way.

Holly - Francesca was attacked the same way by a goose out here during her ten mile loops in one of her many hundred milers but, oddly enough, nobody else was bothered.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)