Masters Running

July 2018 Masters' Miles (Read 27 times)

an amazing likeness

Welcome to August.  The longest days are behind us; the dog days are here. Strawberry season is past, the early blueberries haven't filled the bushes yet, but we are in heart of sweet corn season. Ocean temps are at their peak, it's time to get one or two quick dips in from the dock before cool nights set in.

Time to post those hard-earned, sweaty and muggy July miles, race results and running achievements.

I'll leave you this month with a shot of the lead pack starting around the back side of Peaks Island Maine in the annual 5 mile race with a trivia challenge....name of the lighthouse in the background?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

98.1, 13 runs.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

rmcj001

Thought about doing an extra mile today to get to a prime, but no. 195.7 miles for July. 1161 for YTD (more or less). SF Marathon in barely under a BQ for 2019 (won't get me in tho), my best AG finish at this race, 23rd.

Ray

coastwalker

Thanks Milktruck. Is that Spring Head Light?

144 miles in July - tucked nicely between two prime numbers.

1st place, RW div in a 4-miler and a 5K.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

C-R

204 for me.

First time over 200 in a while.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

anneb

143 miles for July. Highest monthly mileage in a year...

Anne

pfriese

Thanks milktruck.

July running: 191.8 miles

I'd round down for a prime number, but I'm not giving up that 0.8 miles. Smile

No races this month, just miles. Training did start in July for the NYC Marathon in November.

YTD running: 1478.8 miles

Paul

TammyinGP

Thanks Milktruck!

73 miles for me (oh, lookie! it's prime!  Wink

and 39.3 of those miles were on the TM since I'm now living next to the smokey campfire that never gets put out.

Tammy

Not a bad mileage month considering our travel schedule: 129 for the month & 1005 for the year so I'm on track to have the highest mileage year since '14!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Henrun

Bringing the average down but it’s a prime-53. No races but a lot of walking.

evanflein

202.8 for me for July, first month over 200 miles since September 2017!

spacityrunner

7.9 eeked out running miles.    Hoping August will be better...

Trails Rock!

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

101 miles for me.  It was a grind with the heat, but today at 58 degrees I was flying.

Bill Wagnon / stl

SubDood

Thanks, milktruck!

305.1 mi for July

1807.0 miles YTD

Afton Trail 25K 1st GM (over 50)

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks, milktruck!  Hey--did you show me that trail when I was out there?  Maybe the lighthouse, too, but I don't know it's name.  That sure was a fun day.

I ran a 4 mile race and a 2 mile race in June, taking 3rd in the 4 mile and 4th in the 2.

July: 170 Miles

YTD: 1185 Miles

Thanks, again!