Masters Running

Monday 19 Sept (Read 31 times)

evan, great Equinox with pictures. Holly, nice picture of you and Aamos with your husbands.  ribs, the way you're feeling so good, I'm tempted to have the same procedure on general principles.  RTB sounded like fun.  I enjoyed the pictures.  Bertha and DH, wow.

It was great to see Steve and Tag at the 5K in Traverse City.  The 3 of us ran together for a good part of the race.

Nice long runs and walks for DrRobin, Jay, and Holly.

Just before the race, we got a phone call that our house had bee broken into.  There was no vandalism but they took a TV, iPad, and a 22 rifle. The "find my phone" app gave an approximate location in Detroit for the iPad.  That information was passed on to the police.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

It was great to see Steve and Tag at the 5K in Traverse City.  The 3 of us ran together for a good part of the race.

Very nice!  But I am sorry to hear your house was broken into - kind of scary when that happens.

No run for me today, just 40 minutes or thereabouts of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Just before the race, we got a phone call that our house had bee broken into.  There was no vandalism but they took a TV, iPad, and a 22 rifle. The "find my phone" app gave an approximate location in Detroit for the iPad.  That information was passed on to the police.

Holy cow, Tom!!  Very glad to hear they didn't vandalize anything, but still - it's an invasion of your home.

I kept up on the adventures over the weekend and it looks like everyone had a great time.  Erika - Congrats on your placement!  And 2Kitty - Thanks for all the pics.

I'm still sick.  It's slow going, but getting better.  At least I can talk now, but it doesn't take much to wind me/wipe me out.  Yesterday I helped The Hub gather apples off our tree, and just standing there for about 20 minutes and taking the apples from him wore me out.  Geesh!  I'm at work today, but don't know how long I'll hold out.  I'm hoping that by the end of the week I'll feel like at least going for a walk or an EZ stationary bike ride.  Nothing' like an illness to make you feel like you are in the worst shape of your life. 

Enjoy your week, friends ~

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya and good just barely afternoon!  Doing the ketchup routine at work after playing hooky Friday.

Always enjoy the RTB photos; everyone appears to be having tons o' fun.

Pshew and yay Ribs!  (You know he's back on track if he's making snarky comments about Erika's racewear.  And that's how we like him!)

Get better Leslie.

Fabulous running there Erika.

What tselbs said, Bertha and DH.  And loved that you met up with Steve and Tag.  And I'm really sorry about the break-in.  And to think, I used to represent folks who do that stuff.

Kevin!     Shazaam, right????  Can you believe it?

Happy your run/walk went so well Holly--thinking about you.  And clearly Caroline was getting cat vibes from Max, as she, also an indoor cat, decided to explore the greta outdoors yesterday, only without our permission.  Fortunately, she returned just after sundown.

We had such a super time in Dayton and Miamisburg--what a neat area Holly lives in, and I got to see 'down by the river' where she runs.  She got hit by an umbrella pole Friday night; major wind came up while we were on a restaurant patio, lifted the umbrella on the post in the center of the table and the WHACKED her right in the chest.  And she still came out to watch the race the next day (and the traffic is daunting, as the race is on the very controlled AFB, not to mention the weather was threatening.)    And then made a delicious meal.

So yup, you probably know this.  That Holly-paralegal-mom thing is a disguise for....

Image result for supergirl

Happy Mondays to all!

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Sort of wondered where you were going with that picture (Yes, I looked at it BEFORE I started reading), but it fits Holly (and a few other hard-core multi-taskers around here).  It WAS a fun weekend.  Even get to watch Wednesday night when I'm away.  Again.

That sucks, Tom.  I sort of doubt it will, be sure hope the phone tracking helps.  Neat when karma strikes back.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Amy - 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

A picture from the relay just for wildchild. An overpass! This one was at the end of my run.

Then part of the gang got on board (err, on overpass made of board) 

From front to back: Twocat, MariposaiLa Tortugahally and a friend of mine.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Tet, I saw Bad Bob at the start and he said the plan was to walk most of the way, with a goal of 6:30 to finish. The fact that he ran half the course and came in at 6:07 was a pleasant surprise! But yes, the plan was a lot of walking from the start. I told him "me too," but that I hoped for better than 6:30!

Yes, Holly is indeed that in many ways!

Marathon Maniac #957

Er......Tet...you do realize that I don't actually look like that, right?   

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Rest day today. bahahahahaha  I am dealing with some mighty heavy duty blisters. Most likely going to lose all the toenails especially the two big ones. Not unexpected but still disappointing. It took me two years to regrow those babies.

Thank you for all the kind words yesterday.

Tom... That is scary. We once had our home broken into with only minor stuff taken but it does give one a queer invasion of privacy feeling.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Yep, that's Holly for sure - only the picture leaves out her vacuum cleaner, dust mop, rake, shovel and assorted cooking utensils.  Otherwise it looks just like her!

So sorry to hear about your break-in Tselbs. I would be freaking out every time I left the house now. Let us know when they catch those dirty buggers.

Great pictures of the RTB crew, Tselbs, Steve and Tag the wonder dog. Great racing by everyone this weekend. And yes, Erika, Peter is definitely a keeper.

Sounds like a slow recovery Leslie. I hope you're taking it easy for a few days.

Hi Aamos! Hi Tet!

6 miles this morning at Jay o'clock. I saw a beautiful moon and there was a nice breeze, no humidity and 65° temps. I'm trying to store these mornings in my memory bank for the upcoming months....

Well, those grandsons just tuckered me right out. Their marathon started at 7:00 AM yesterday and they had to drive about 40 minutes to get there, so they asked me to come over for 5:30 so the boys could sleep. "They usually sleep until 7 or 7:30" were mom and dad's parting words. The 3 year-old was up at 6:00 and the 5 and 6 year-olds by 7:00. I let them wake up a little, then loaded them in the car to go to the grocery store for a special treat of doughnuts and chocolate milk. I forgot how much fun it is shopping with little kids. They kept throwing things in the cart and I'm not even going to BEGIN to tell you about how long it took to pick out 6 sweet rolls!   Then we tie-dyed t shirts, played football and went to the park. All in all, a great - but very tiring - day.  My DIL ran the marathon in 4:08 but DS#1 started cramping around the 16 mile mark and didn't finish. It was pretty humid and very warm and I felt bad for him. Hard to train for marathons with 3 little ones 6 and younger.

Have a great evening everyone.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

whoops, somehow, I lost my entire original message when I tried to quote it.

oh well.

Erika - there was a link to a just-published, 470 page book on the history of the Equinox.That's the one I want if my fellow pirates strand me on a desert island.I bet there's a lot about the founders, one of with whom I used to run who finished this year at age 76, others, and about Marcie and her yodeling non-runner DH John too.

ps holly - you won't know for yet a long time but at this stage it cannot be denied that one of the other benefits of the aging process is that everyone is fantastically beautiful nowadays for our more experienced eyes. .

Image result for supergirl

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Er......Tet...you do realize that I don't actually look like that, right?   

well, i realize those aren't running shoes, but the rest is fairly accurate, isn't it?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.