Masters Running

Its WEDNESDAY 12/4 for me is it for you? (Read 40 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Lazy mile checkin’ out the neighborhood lights in a lazy wind and slight violation of rule no. 1.

Good luck to all dealing with cysts, shoulders, clavicles, slings, therapies,

RCG - your catching up is better than my daily reading, getting games mixed up, etc.

I, too, have been AWOL and then lurking (or is it "catching up"?)

. . . 

. . .

When did running/exercising start taking a backseat to the irregular flow of life?

We might need a rule on that one. Smile.

I called my brother in law an A$$. . . . And he is one.

Totally inappropriate for me to do that.

not at all. No rule against the truth, . . . I think.

ps - I like your display timing.

Holly - thanks.
    Will you be able to type?

Twocat - thanks today’s recap yesterday.
    You should go to China more often.
    Hope your legs get to see more than the treadmill belt

and underneath meeting tables, though.

If you haven't been out there before, be sure to tell 'em, "hey, it's been a pretty busy couple of days, could you give me some information on Great Wall tours?" and they'll probably drop everything they're doing and take you there themselves.  With mine dating back to November 1985, a photo of running on the GW is definitely worth it, especially compared to a picture of you on the Chinese treadmill.

With regard to figuring out their policy
    on swimming suits or not, just give it a try
    and then use the old “I don’t understand Chinese”
    ruse if not not and you are, . . . whoops, that only
    worked back in the days when few, if any,
    locals spoke English. Sorry.

Zigalina - I’d be interested in knowing what you don’t love about litigation getting to help your stress-filled attorneys ready in so many essential ways in organizing evidence, exhibits, witnesses, meeting deadlines, etc. and backing them up during the even more hectic cays presenting it all in court. Lots of stress for everyone but the lawyers’re the ones personally burdened with either winning or else getting the lifetime of blame for losing. Hang in there. Just focus on makin’ ‘em happy.

Image result for great wall running images

stock photo

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

2Cat: snork!  

Well, DH just shook his head when I told him I won a Christmas tree.  But we've decided to donate to a family in a need. I'll contact our local Salvation Army because I think they usually have names of families with a need and maybe they are aware of a family w/o the means to even have a tree. And now that my new fake tree is all pre-lit, I don't  need for all the lights I would string on a real tree, so I'll donate those as well. 

Will run after work today with our weekly group run.

Tammy

Leslie - you would be so proud on how well I have taken your advice to practice things with my left hand in preparation for next week's surgery . . .  And yes, the surgeon even brought up the whole bathroom issue.  

The first time I went to the bathroom after having my left hand casted, I realized I was in a bit of a pinch.  Sat there for a few beats trying to figure out how I was get out of there without having to take a shower. 

And holy carp on the surgery!  Be very kind to yourself - in other words, don't try to be Super Woman for at least 3-4 weeks.

Loved the Tet picture!

Loved the hotel pic, Surly.  They could use that as an advertisement!

Alarm went off at 4:30, I contemplated waiting until after work to workout, but then the cats woke up and I remembered I'd kicked 2 outside a couple of hours earlier.  So up we go, cats fed, workout done - 45 min of core/ST - and now I'm ready to face the day!  I even brought clothes to go for a walk at lunch.

Enjoy ~~

Image result for funny countdown to christmas images

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

I heard about a tree shortage around here too but I think it was a ploy to get people to rush out and get a tree now.

We never had tree tradition with our kids. Some years we got live trees, sometimes we used artificial. Sometimes we went to a local place to get the tree, a couple times we ordered a live tree through LL Bean. (Not sure if they still do that.)  We eventually got a nice artificial tree with the lights already on it and used that until we downsized and gave it to DD2.  We now have my mother-in-law's little artificial tree that stays decorated year round. It's stored in the garage with a big plastic bag over it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

ETA

. . . and I am not a bitch, . . . 

No rule against that, either.

good job

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Boy, there were quite a few posts while I was putting mine together!

Tet - Trust litigation probably wouldn't feel like a walk through hell if (1) I worked for an attorney who was good at it and liked doing it and (2) if I knew what the heck I was doing.  My boss hates it, which is why I don't understand why he takes these cases on.  But each one is a growing experience for me . . . right?? 

Hopes - I need to look into new homeowner's insurance.  Who do you use?  I'll be sure to not contact them. 

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Singer who runs a smidge

We're in good hands with Allstate! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

BTY

1.7 miles in the pool this morning.   It was pretty hard but I followed a prescribed workout and while I was supposed to complete the Intervals workout (including rests) in 1:01:09 I finished it in 1:04:20 and can't figure out where 2 of the minutes went.   The only thing I can think of is that I did 5 100's in one of the sets instead of 4 but you would think I would notice that!  This was my first day in the pool since November because of the historic snow that landed here in Albany.  Just about 24 inches fell between Sunday afternoon at 3 and Tuesday morning, pre-dawn.   This was heart-attack snow, for sure.   My wife mentioned to me I should get a snowblower and yesterday my neighbor mentioned to me, "Hey, I hear you're getting a snowblower!" And since they only place he could have heard it from was his wife, who would have been told be my wife, I think I know what's going to be under my Christmas Tree!   Woo-hoo!

BTY

TammyinGP

Leslie, maybe look at Pemco. that's who I have homeowners with even though I have progressive for autos.  I used to have Progressive but they dropped all homeowners about 3 yrs back because we are too big of a risk for them with our wildfires. I figured I'd have a hard time finding someone with reasonable rates, but Pemco gives us a great coverage and it's actually cheaper than what I had been paying with Progressive when we did have them.

Tammy

.....nothing EarthShattering to report on.....

did

40-min on ARC Trainer, got the car washed

=========

going to State HS FootBall playoff games

with my Old Buddy Friday,

Choir rehearsal with Orchestra Sat

and

Choir Concert Sunday

2nd Harvest work Mon

Claire Band Recital Tues

so

apparently Shattering gets done later in the week

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Joe618

Yeow, busy morning for this forum!!   Hi to all!!   I am busy too.   And I'm glad HopesMom's house is in good hands and not with Mr. Mayhem!

See ya!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Marathon Maniac #957

I am still working on "believe that everyone has good intentions",

I tend to be of the opinion that "Everyone is out to get me" and also "More often than not, you can count on people to screw it up, if it is at all possible for them to do so."   

Not the people here, of course......

Leslie - snork!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly - thanks.
                            Will you be able to type?

Yes, but I will be moving my keyboards to the top of the desk and doing "Tyrannosaurus Rex Typing" for the 6 weeks I am in the sling.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Be safe. Be kind.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I tend to see the world through rose colored glasses...😍

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."