Masters Running

Cherry Tree Tuesday's (Read 45 times)

Do keep up the blossom torture! Please.....none here and no hints of buds either. It was 9 stoopid (purposeful spelling) degrees this morning. It's warmed up into the 30s now, but I was happy, happy as Pharrell Williams would sing that this is a SRD. I needed the day off anyway to absorb all the previous workouts and become one with the foam roller. roar! Tomorrow will kick-off the last intense 10-day training cycle and then comes taper.

Mike and Rob are both amazing runners----love to just look at their results and hear the tales!

Meb uses UCAN and may be sponsored by them. It was originally developed for people who can't digest starches or something like that. I met the grandmother (Fern Feldman) of a little boy who prompted the development of UCAN so he could survive. Read the story here:

http://asweetlife.org/feature/generation-ucan-a-breakthrough-in-carbohydrate-technology/

Leslie, if Meb uses it, you are good to go! I've seen FRS Aamos, but don't know much about it.

As for pink PJs, I was wearing my bright pink Hello Kitty PJs while reading Holly's post. Does that work?

((((( ))))))s for dg and TW and all who need them or just because

Love all the photos!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

marg - thanks for the Boston pictures.

You, robin and all can't post enough of 'em for the rest of us in the next month.

Incidentally, those were at the entry to a promenade of 30 cherry trees at the UW. quad.

if this one works, it's the entry to thirty more at Kobe Terrace Park

in the Seattle Chinatown International District.

I think someone might recognize it.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Karen - Yes, Meb is sponsored by them.  I'm excited about this product and hope it's my "magic bullet."  I have a heck of time controlling my gut on long runs and races.

I'll have to go read the article.

As far as blossoming trees, this is from a year ago, but it's what we have going on all over Humboldt County right now:

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

New skirt in town

Blossoming trees and sprouting 11-year-olds and freshly painted finish lines...GRETA pictures in here today! What a joy!

I ran 9.5 miles this morning, with ladder repeats.  Deliberately testing the limits of my mileage-fatigued legs to see what would happen at my chiro appt tonight.  I had some piriformis/gluteus medius twinginess about 6 weeks ago, and I've had some ART with great results.  I keep up with the follow-up visits because I'm afraid to cancel for fear of developing a brand new injury that I might tackle with an early ART session.  My chiro did his darnedest to poke and prod and test for weakness.  Nothing!  I have another appt in 2 weeks, it's mostly a social visit at this point!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

NHLA

8.4 miles 1 hr 6 min. sunshine & snow  hat on hat off day.

Mike E

MM #5615

Oh...cherry trees?  Here's my cherry tree...

At least you have trees, Mike. Remember our ice storm last April?  I wish I had a cherry tree, I can smell the flowering crabs though.

here is a photo my friend put on FB taken at their farm her in SW MN. I thought it was a great photo.

I am ready for bed, gotta find my pink pj's. I felt tired on my run tonight. It was just 2.46 miles, but was cold. 28 degrees, felt like 14 with the wind. Bandit enjoyed being out with me. It is going to warm up tomorrow to 54 they say.... Finally.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Cool photo!!!!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

At least you have trees, Mike. Remember our ice storm last April?  I wish I had a cherry tree, I can smell the flowering crabs though.

here is a photo my friend put on FB taken at their farm her in SW MN. I thought it was a great photo.

I am ready for bed, gotta find my pink pj's. I felt tired on my run tonight. It was just 2.46 miles, but was cold. 28 degrees, felt like 14 with the wind. Bandit enjoyed being out with me. It is going to warm up tomorrow to 54 they say.... Finally.

Wow!!! that is so cool!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Love the photos of the cherry blossoms. We're months away from that, I'm afraid. I had some beautiful pictures of my crab apple tree, but can't find them. Unfortunately, that tree looked like it was dying from the middle last year... when the rest of the leaves were turning yellow and falling off, a section of the middle just turned brown and looked dead.   I planted that tree the year we first moved here, and our DS1 turns 22 tomorrow (we moved in when he was a week old). How time flies when you look back on it that way.

6.6 miles today, with no spikeys! Yay! But that meant I ran on the road a few miles from campus, then back into the wind (ick) all the way back. Road sides mostly clear but the drivers sure don't give you more than a few inches. I just hate that. Can't wait till the bikepaths and trails are runnable again! (did I just say that a post or two ago? sorry....)

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

NHLA, did you chase the bears make them go run run run?

What kind of ice cream did you have MikeE?

Dad likes the picture Dave59. Make sure the Dr gives you a treat.

(((((TW)))))

Someone chase that eagle!! GGrrrr.

Me and Mom and Dad got Honey and then we went run run run on a new trail! The forest people clear cutted the woods.There are hardly no trees and I could run around all over the place!! It's nice and cold and I can stay on top of the snow and run for ever.

When we got home, me and Honey were left outside. Honey had to stay on a big long leash. Dad took my best bone and squirted peanut butter in it and threw it outside. It was the best ever! He told me I had to share it with Honey. I laid down on top of the snow and was really liking the bone and peanut butter. Honey was way stretched out on the leash, but she could not quite reach the bone. It's not my fault she is too short.  When Dad made us come in, I brought my best bone in too. I was really sad, because I had to share with dumb Honey.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Mike E

MM #5615

Oh, shoot...that is not a cherry tree I posted...it's a Japanese crabapple tree.  I hope today is Japanese Crabapple Tree Wednesday....