Masters Running

Friday 11/30/18 (Read 42 times)

evanflein

I can see that. After all, I spent over $1,100 on Abby and less than a month later I had no cat.   I think there's a big reason people don't adopt elderly animals (she was 14 when we got her), they're expensive!

Here are some photos you should be able to see without logging in. And yeah, like Surly those of us who have been here  awhile are pretty blase about most of these earthquakes. They happen all the time. This one was a big one, yes, but most of the damage (other than the roads) is minor, really. No high rise collapses or anything like that. Like twocat said, our building codes require quite a high threshold for withstanding earthquakes. It seems like we haven't had a real strong one here in the Interior in quite awhile.

Too funny about the store opening, KSA. Go get those donuts!

I haven't decided if I'm going to run at home or not. Which probably means I won't. After all, it is a taper week and all that, right? I took some naproxen sodium earlier today and knee feels fine. Will probably take another tonight and see how things are tomorrow.

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, short run early then work.  Which turned into major drama.  Sigh.  Drill weekend, and I have an 0600 PT test....so I'm going to bed.  Have a great night everyone!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

At 12:08, today, I received a text from Mikey, who lives in Palmer, AK, about 40 miles from Anchorage, saying, "Jamie and the girls are okay.  Will update you."  I, right away, assumed she was in a car accident.  I checked out Facebook...where else would you go to find out vital information concerning your family, and, sure enough, there was a post about the earthquake.  He is a teacher and was busy "coordinating student evacuation", so I couldn't talk to him.  His wife (Jamie), though, posted on Facebook to let family members know that they were okay.  She said that she actually watched "the ground roll like waves".  She said that they were 35 miles from the quake and it did a lot of damage to bridges, which means they are basically cut off from Anchorage.  She has friends, who were in Anchorage at the time and are, now, stuck there.  My son has lived in Alaska for many years and I never knew they had earthquakes there.

Then, at around 3:00, I received a call from Eric, telling me that his car was not running and that AAA was towing him home.  I was thinking, great--now, I'm going to have to figure out how to get his car fixed or get him another car or something so that he can get to work and his treatments.  I called him, as soon as I got off work, to make sure he got home okay.  He was at home and as I questioned him about the car he made a comment that he was on a road leading to a gas station.  Hmm...a gas station?  I said I would be right over with some gas and see if that might be the problem.  Sure enough, he had simply run out of gas.

Then--I called Ryan, who is living in Portland, OR, and was told that he has decided to move back home.  His last day of work is December 19th and will be home for Christmas.

Oh, the life in the Evans' home.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

No particular reason, but where were you on March 27, 1964?

<<<(second strongest ever recorded EQ in the world: South-Central Alaska - 9.2)

My son has lived in Alaska for many years and I never knew they had earthquakes there.

Anchorage/Fairbanks who can tell the difference?  

Fairbanks is in Alaska.
          Anchorage is the closest city to Alaska except for Seattle.

No particular reason but anyone herein
          born in 1934, 1946, 1958, or 1970?

Still-sore calves from mid/fore-footing the Seattle Marathon
          got a break when today’s cycle-mute shifted to a great quad workout.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

No particular reason but anyone herein 

born in 1934, 1946, 1958, or 1970?

Okay—I’ll bite...1958

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Sorry Mike, unless you get a dog like everyone else,

maybe better change your birth year

Vector illustration of Dog. Bottom calligraphy translation: year of the dog brings prosperity & good fortune. Rightside wording & seal translation: Chinese calendar for the year of dog 2018 & spring.

I think Holly should've been born several times.

Who has the most dogs?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

My son has lived in Alaska for many years and I never knew they had earthquakes there.

WTF, really?? Alaska has more earthquakes than the rest of the U.S. combined! We have earthquakes all day, every day. If it's less than 3.0, we don't even notice it. And I haven't heard of any bridges being closed due to damage, but some sections of highways have been.

From Tet: "Fairbanks is in Alaska.  Anchorage is the closest city to Alaska except for Seattle."

Spoken like a true Alaskan! We like to say You can almost see Alaska from Anchorage. It's just another city, not unlike most other cities in the PNW.

So I have a question... how do you quote from multiple posts in your reply? Tet knows how to do it but I don't. I also don't know how to post a quote from a previous day into the current day's thread. How do you do that?

Oh, and I do think Holly has more dogs than others at 3, but I'm not sure. I're pretty sure Fatozzig has the most cats!

BTY

Also, just when I'd gotten used to mailings from AARP, I started getting mailings for cemetery plots.   

Big grin

Mike E

MM #5615

WTF, really?? Alaska has more earthquakes than the rest of the U.S. combined! We have earthquakes all day, every day.

I keep telling you people--I ain't very smart.

Mike E

MM #5615

So I have a question... how do you quote from multiple posts in your reply? Tet knows how to do it but I don't. I also don't know how to post a quote from a previous day into the current day's thread. How do you do that?

I would like to know how to do this, too.