Masters Running

Monday July 14 runs, non-runs, etc. (Read 538 times)

Happy Birthdays, Carolyn and Mari! Did you mind having summer birthdays when you were in grade school? 5.9 miles here in perfect summer weather--it's 85 or more, but only 18% humidity. grins, A
    Masters 2000 miles

King of PhotoShop

Well happy birthday to two of my favorite people, Mariposai and Wildchild. Nancy, that new avatar is terrific. It shows your trailing leg making a perfect return, leg all the way up, nice form. Spareribs

Top 'O the World!

Birthdays!? We got Birthdays?! Where's the party? Big grin Happy Birthday Wildchild & Mari!! Happy Anniversary Deb! Carolyn: wasn't just gorgeous running weather upstairs this wknd!? Wink I was up in Fairplay for the Ladies Run...got in a couple of short sunrise runs both mornings Smile went slower & it felt much better than Georgetown!
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

I Can Go The Distance

4 mile recovery run for me today in 41:07 a 10:17 pace. I am increasing my mileage to 44 miles this week. Happy Birthday to Carolyn and Mari and Happy Anniversary to Deb. Smile Smile Smile HandyMom: Great run today. Keep up the good work. Big grin Have a great day everyone. Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Finally posting again! First of all Happy Birthday to the B'day girls!! For a solo runner like me , what a treat today, I went out with DD and 2 XC friends of hers and one of the girl's mom. Of course the 3 teens were off on their own and I had a great workout trying to keep pace with my friend who was a professional triathelete...We ran 6.44 miles at about 8.06 pace which is not my usual daily cruising speed....I think I should go out run with her more often. The weather in our corner of the PNW is picture perfect, sunny and mid 70s glad though I got the running done in the am when it was a little bit cooler. Have a great evening everybody! Francesca
            Dave59

Working down in Charleston WV. 5 miles along the Kanawha River. 10 minute warm up, 3x6 minutes at a hard pace with 3 minute jogs in-between, and a 12:56 minute cool down.

King of PhotoShop

Working down in Charleston WV. 5 miles along the Kanawha River. 10 minute warm up, 3x6 minutes at a hard pace with 3 minute jogs in-between, and a 12:56 minute cool down.
                Here is a guy on the road, and instead of the normal out of the hotel run, he has a workout with a purpose and plan. Well done Dave. Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #3309

Happy Birthday YOUNG ladies!!! Ribs said you two were his favorite...but he says that to all the pretty women. Janet....awesome, just plain awesome girl....keep up the great work! Just got back from an 8 miler in 1:11 - 8:56 respectful pace. 90 degrees out, but the humidity was low so is was comfy. You ever have one of those runs that you feel soooo "giddy" after you showered and ate?? I am having one of those moments and dancing around my apartment like a fool...I actually am a good dancer...my ex left me for our dance instructor, but he taught me a lot of "moves" before he got stuck with "her" lol. Yeah it's funny now that he is paying for 28 different credit cards, instead of me...gotta luv it. Hey Erika, got to thank you for the ice bath idea. In the winter it's a little tough. But when it hot, those puppies our refreshing...legs are cool, upper body still hot and sweaty and a great constrast. Almost like eating a Payday candy bar...both sweet and savory at the same time...ok, where did I come up with that one, lol. You all are very wonderful people, and I appreciate each and every one of you....you are my family!!!... Have a good...no, great night all. And...no alcohol was used during this post tonight, lol TimBo...that's what my Triahtlete buddies call me...

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Happy Birthday Ladies Smile 7 hilly miles on group run 1:05:15 (9:20 pace) Nice talk with a couple old friends I haven't run with for a while. Cool Perfect conditions this evening, 78F w/low humidity on a well shaded course. There has been some good reading here the last couple days, keep it coming ya'll.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

wildchild

Carolyn

You all are very wonderful people, and I appreciate each and every one of you....you are my family!!!... Have a good...no, great night all. And...no alcohol was used during this post tonight, lol TimBo...that's what my Triahtlete buddies call me...
                      Hey TimBo, I was actually wondering if you were a bit tipsy when you posted this, till I got to the end. Too funny! Are you just high on the endorphins after your run? Oh, and thanks for the "young ladies" comment!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Well, TimBo, you're welcome for any tips and hints I can pass along. I took a dip in my trashcan "almost" ice bath yesterday... our well water is so cold it's probably 34F out of the ground! I have a locking lid on it and I'll add a bag or two of ice to it after Sunday's race and do a few dips in and out. Plan was an easy "recovery" type run today and was finally going to meet up with Roger, used to go by Nordic Beserker on Cool Running... He's way faster than I am and I was hoping he was up for a slow (for him) run and maybe I'd be able to keep up. We've been trying to get together for a run for weeks and life keeps getting in the way. So... we met today at the university rec center, 4:30, 4 miles EZ pace was the plan. Well, we found plenty to talk about, I sort of felt like at Boston where I was chatting Steve's ear off... a couple times I felt I was working harder than I wanted to so would slow down, and he'd match pace, but then we'd speed up again and oh well... I can do an easy recovery run tomorrow morning. 4.5 miles, avg pace ended up 8:13... Mile splits: 8:37, 8:20, 8:02, 7:50, 8:06 last half mile. We'll definitely work on doing this again, but I'll plan on a faster pace to begin with...