Masters Running

T.G.I. FRIDAY!!! March 19 (Read 505 times)

Well, it was in the 60's in town yesterday, and is supposed to warm up again by Sunday,  . . . we live in the middle of nowhere and have a foot of snow in the driveway. 

Somehow that just doesn't sound right.

Have to say, though - Damm it's nice here today!  Close to 70.  Woo hoo!   Those of you expecting more winter, sorry 'bout the bragging. . . . sort of.

Tramps - Good luck with the heat.  And no puking or anything even close to that allowed!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Now that Byll and I have both used up the too-hot-marathon mojo this Spring, we should be all set for for a cool Boston!

Bite your tongue!  Can't we meet somewhere in the middle, say, 50's?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

That is it! My birthday sister, Carolyn's picture just convinced me that I  have to ad a run with Carolyn in her neck of the woods in my list of "to do before I die" runs.

hurray to a mid-week run by Mrs. Twocat. With her LRs on the weekend and this mid-week run she is going to surprise us all in her first HM. I better start ironing my cheerleading outfit....

slow, thanks for the update. I am sending tons of butterfly hugs to the precious one and to mom and dad. NoTHING is more stressful to me than having a child with health issues.

DG, you are the sweetest. My speech went well. I think the one hour I shared with the graduating class was more empowering for me as their speaker than to them. I got a lot of hugs from the girls and their mother, I guess that is good.

go racers!!!!! sorry to hear about the hot weather that Tramps is going to encounter, but I am glad to see that he is already re-thinking about his race plan.

Cant' wait to see what bQBYLL is going to do this weekend!!!!

5 easy miles to recover in 61F...and now, I am ready to sit down with twocat and Mary to join them with the Friday eve drink.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Home now after 40 minutes of pool running in a very quiet and peaceful pool. Apparently a life guard didn't show up so they canceled open swim giving us 6 lanes for lap swimming... and whatever. Only 3-4 other people there so very nice. Then a quick stop at the store (needed buns for brats) and I'm home alone! I love it. It won't last though, as the boys are on their way home and they'll be hungry so time to fire up the grill. I just love it when I get a moment of quiet time to myself at home. Doesn't happen very often.

Marathon Maniac #957

I just love it when I get a moment of quiet time to myself at home.

What's that?

I'm not complaining, though.  I know someday, when the kids are grown and the house is empty, I will long for those days of chaos again.....

Maybe not the bickering, though....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."