Masters Running

Thursday, Aug 6 Master Run, Workouts and Baby watching..... (Read 454 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Slept in a little, and then spent (wasted) time trying to figure out how the University of Texas could change its requirements for high school classes at this late date!  DS will end up taking some correspondence classes if he decides to go there (and gets accepted).  What a pain!

So by the time I figured out that mess, it was late morning.  Whew, what a difference a few hours makes!  It was sunny and 73 degrees.  I made it 5 miles, but I took two walk breaks.

DH and I are escaping to Connecticut for three days while our friends watch our kids for us.  It's cool that DS is old enough that he can just drive the three of them down to our friends' house!  So awesome.

Off to pack!  :-)

Have a great weekend!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I can't wait to hear news from the Beers' grandbaby. they are going to be awesome abuelitos.

Today I ran like a primitive runner. No watch with me at all. My poor garmina, she is dead.

So, them feet and wings had a workout today.

lucky beru ojiisan and obaasan getting to be in the same country as upcoming mago-san.

boy or girl or did you do like me and have everyone hide it from you?

dear posie's garmina - I'm enlisted as posie's nonrunning taper coach so can only be in awe of her primitive running but, since you are on the DL at least for a while, my advice to you is just stay put and enjoy the break. Posalina's been a little on the busy side and doesn't need to complicate her running with keeping track of lots of numbers, pacing, etc.  In fact, it'll help her realize that she better just go enjoy the New York Marathon without any concerns except just doing it.  If you can't stay put, have her send you to me and I'll take care of you for a while.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

As for tomatoes, anyone try those hanging pots this year?

grins,

A

I drive by a house that has 4 hanging there.  Want me to stop and ask how it's working out?

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Sorry to hear about the Garmin failure, Mariposai. Have you tried all the reset options? I tried everything with mine, and it did finally turn on and run, but wouldn't download any of the data to training center or here at RA. I called Garmin, and they sent me a new (overhauled) unit before I even sent my old one in! So, now I have a new (used) one, and it's working just fine so far.

Distaste for traffic and tons of people has kept me in Alaska so far, where 20 cars at a stoplight is a real traffic jam. I'd stay here for years more, but DH is tired of the winters (I admit they get longer as I get older), and wants to move. Actually, I'm more tired of the smoky summers than the winters!!

Another late treadmill run tonight. Air quality bordering on "very unhealthy" and "hazardous." Ok, don't need to yell, I can figure it out. Sure think my treadmill and I are spending too much time together though.

7.23 miles in an hour, 8:18 avg pace with 2 @ 8:50, 1 @ 8:34 to warm up, then 5 x .5 mile @ 7:30, with .2 mile recovery at 8:34. Last .73 mile @ 8:50; .25 mile walk before and after. A good workout, should've done this one yesterday. This week has been all messed up.

We had rain all day today, which is great for my lawn and garden, but I don't know if it rained on the bigger fires. It's gotta make some difference though, you'd think. Time will tell, I guess. The smoke tonight looks as bad as last night, and it's supposed to be warmer and drier tomorrow. Just really hoping the half marathon on Saturday isn't postponed. I really need that race to go off as planned because we'll be out of town on a couple of the possible re-do dates.