Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - w/e 03/20 (Read 446 times)

Hey fine folks.......

3 miles of Kansas hills Big grin for me this evening.    It was a touch warm and the breeze kept me cool.

No time to chat, LMD has a homemade veggie pizza coming out of the ovn. 

Later.........

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

jfa

LMD has a homemade veggie pizza coming out of the ovn. 

MMmmmm, pizza, mmmm.

Not surprising that Cindy's car would look like a catalog for outdoor fun. What else would it be? Mary Kay?

Snuck outta work early today and did a little TM speedstuff. I have been getting my "real" runs after I run Buddy (slowly with many stops) on somewhat diminished legs. Rest day for the furry funky guy so a nice progression for me.

4m at 9:30, 3m at 7:55, 2 miles at 7:41, then the last one for the gold ...... 6:55.

Top 'O the World!

LOL!!  Mary Kay! Hah! I'm more likely to have a pr of pliers & a screwdriver in my bag than any type of makeup - unless you count sunscreen lipbalm as makeup!!

& Yes, Leslie - having a hot tub 30' from my "work station" = bathing suit in the car...& change of clothes, etc.. I actually have a ski rack on the top for the board when Mairead is with me - she doesn't like it in the back with her...can't say I blame her...it looks a little weird & has sharp edges!

Got my run out of the way before the breezes fired up! 5 surprisingly frisky miles w/Mairead before heading back up to Breck for the back end of the week. It's amazing what a little more sleep will do for the quality!!!

Boss lady is STILL trying to talk me into working more Disapprove 

Think I got on a massage team for RAGBRAI in July!!  Woo-Hoo!!  There's a cute little 26 mile group run in my hometown just the wknd before.....

C

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Cindy - Just say NO!  To working more and harder.

Arla - I have a request.  When you go to packet pickup, if they have AR50 window decals, would you be willing to grab me a couple?  Mine went down the drain when our Altima was totaled.  If you get them, send me your address by message here and I'll repay you and send a postage prepaid envelope.  I would really appreciate it.

Okay - gotta go find one more cat so I can go to bed.  Nite -

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Morning, Peeps ~

Happy Thoisday to you all.

Unfortunately, the weather report for this weekend is not changing; rather, it's gotten a tad worse.  70% chance of rain, basically from about San Fran north, beginning today and all through next week.  Highs for Saturday in the low 50s.  Boo hoo! Cry  I have a different strategy  for my hands this time.  A friend gave me two pairs of cheap - but warm! - gloves as a joke.  I'll be wearing a pair under my regular gloves.  If they're soaked when I come through the start/finish, I have another regular pair I'll change in to with the cheap gloves.

On another note - 3 EZ miles this a.m. in colder than anticipated weather.  Glad I wore my winter tights.  The calf is still causing me problems.  The few times I had to stop for traffic or adjust clothing, it would immediately tighten up.  Rolled it really good last night and this a.m., and have been stretching it.  Even brought the tie to my robe with me to work so I can stretch it throughout the day.

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Leslie - I'll try to remember! If you remind me again maybe on Thursday before the race, my old brain is more likely to work! Also - go to the hardware store or sporting goods store and get some of those chemical hand warmers. They last for several hours, so a couple pairs will probably do the trick. They are small and light and cheap! They look like this: http://industrialsavings.com/hard-hats/1100-80D.html

Ex runner

Ultrachick

Nice to see you all are still here! I'm procrastinating about lots of stuff and was in filling in some of my log and thought I would swing in for a few. Looks like everyone is doing well and some new members too-sweet! Good luck this weekend, Leslie. I got your last race report and am going to make time to read it-I started but you're right-it's long!

I'm doing OK-just when you think life couldn't possibly get any crazier well it has. Or I like to think of it better as a trail run where there are lots of trails and you go down one path to see what it's like, then you come to another path and decide to check out that one and you just keep going-checking out different paths.

So you all know I was taking classes towards becoming a physical therapist. Late last fall, I figured that goal was too far away and way too expensive. I explored other paths-pt assistant, respiratory therapy, nursing but came across another program being offered at the college I've been taking online classes through.  The program started in January, it's six months long and not costing me a thing-I'm studying/training to be a Software Support person for Electronic Medical Records. I just finished 3 online classes which was a jolt to the schedule-I'm used to one class at a time and these are college-level, 12 week courses being crammed into 7 weeks. They weren't kidding when I was warned to plan 25-30 hrs/wk for studying and homework! It didn't take long for me to give my notice at my Stowe Mtn Lodge gym job. I'm still at the other gym in Burlington but I can only be there when I have clients and it's fine to sit and study in between clients- I couldn't do that in Stowe. Monday, two new classes begin for 7 weeks.

My other big news is two things-Jack and I are trying to be a couple again. It's been a little over a month and so far things are well. The other is I had knee surgery last week. I had a tumor removed from my left knee-nothing cancerous, just some cells going crazy. It's been there for a while and never hurt but was starting to get big enough to interfere with my knee functioning correctly. It would sometimes get in the way where I couldn't straighten my leg and walk very well. So I haven't run since March 8, surgery was on the 9th and I can pedal a bike for 15 min already!! I can walk on it just fine-depending how stiff it is, I have a slight limp. We all know about stiff knees! :-) So it's also an early end to my ski season but I planned it this way so as not too interfere too much with running.

I guess that's about it-I've thought about stopping by before but hated to post all about me. Go figure why I am tonight-guess I miss you guys. I'm presenting at a trainer's clinic on Saturday and I haven't hardly started my Marathon Training 101 presentation for it-that's what I'm procrastinating about. The boys are fine-both bigger than me but I'm still Mom and can make life miserable when necessary :-)

Speaking of the boys-I need to get Charles. Take care! Kelly

If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

Kelly!!  <waving madly!!>  Must be somethin' in the air, 'cause I've been thinking about you lately and wondering how you were doing.  Ouch on the knee surgery, but it sounds like it's healing nicely.

I certainly hope this change of educational/career course goes smoothly.  Good luck with all the classes.  Will this allow you to work from home?

Take care, and don't be such a stranger around these parts ~ 

Arla - I had think about what I am suppose to reminder you of.  The sandwich baggies?  The baby wipes?  Oh!  The decals!  I'll try.  If we both forget, no biggie.  I've used the hand warmer things in the past, but I can see them making me mad when I'm trying to put gloves off and on.  Picky, picky, picky, aren't I? Wink

Rest day for me, which is good since I only got about 4 hrs of sleep last night.  Ugh!  I guess too much fun at Bonkos.

Right now it's pouring rain outside.  Should make for a nice relaxing 4-hr drive south. Roll eyes

I probably won't get back in here until I get home Sunday, so hope you all have a great weekend ~

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Have a great race, Leslie.  Hope you don't get TOO soggy.Smile

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Enjoy, Leslie!

Knock 'em down, Les!

Hey Ultra!

Good luck Arla!

Hey Stump!

Nice easy 3spot for me this afternoon. 

Pretty speedy, there, Joe.  "...one for the gold..."  I like it.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

jfa

Late to the party but Good Luck to Leslie and Arla!

Hi Kelly!

Queen of 3rd Place

Kelly - thanks for the newsy post - here's to a full recovery for your knee, sounds like it should be fine very quickly.

Leslie - sending warm thoughts...

Planning 14 today and 20 - 22 tomorrow, should be pouring rain and wind with gusts up to 45 tomorrow -what fun! 

Ex runner