Masters Running

Tue Dec 23 Runs and etc (Read 438 times)

anachrotech

2 miles on the treadmill after work. I just can't run well in the evening for some reason. Weather here is challenging. Roll eyes But I got it done . Good runs all.

Maniac 505

Hi gang, I have been suffering through treadmill runs at the gym when I force my self to go there, last night I put a few sheet metel screws in my hiking boots, it made it so much easier to get around. I had to walk on some sheet ice last night (think skating rink) I fell three times, after I put the screws in my shoes, I could almost dance on it. the check engine light seems to be a topic of conversation tonight, that is something I know something about. not a lot about, but something I have spent most of the last 25 years working career, working on medium, and large diesel engines and steam turbine power plants. (a locomotive diesel is a small engine) I spent 4 years going to school learning how these power plants work in more recent times, I have been to a few one week seminars learning how to pull codes and trouble shoot diesel computers (the codes are mostly the same as the check engine codes on cars) I have often lamented, in the good old days, we used to trouble shoot a diesel engine by holding a screwdriver to our ear and listening to different parts of the engine (the screwdriver blade transmits sound and can do a great job of pinpoint "funny" noises. today, we need a laptop!!
      Mariposai

I have often lamented, in the good old days, we used to trouble shoot a diesel engine by holding a screwdriver to our ear and listening to different parts of the engine (the screwdriver blade transmits sound and can do a great job of pinpoint "funny" noises. today, we need a laptop!!
        LOL Big grin Big grin. This is great. I am sure glad my DH and I have your cell #. I know it will become handy next time we need it. and.... what is Lou doing up this late at night??????? Shocked

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

The only time I treadmill is when I travel and there's now where to run other than in the fitness center. I statred running because I thought it was the cheapest way to get in shape. Little did I know about how much you can spend on clothes and shoes Roll eyes Of course it's still cheaper than joining a gym or buying a treadmill. outside is just so much better.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

T. outside is just so much better.
            unless is 4F Embarrassed plus wind, plus asthma

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

I never did get to the gym today. I decided that if I were able to get a few more things done in the office today, then I wouldn't have to go into work tomorrow and could take off for a 5 day wknd. So, that's what I did. Finished writing up motion, finalized two other motions and started my search warrant research for one next week. And now I'm off til Monday. So, at some point tomorrow morning, I'll get outdoors for a run, which is way better than the TM run I was going to do today anyways. Have a good evening everyone!

Tammy

I only run on a treadmill when I'm out of town at conference and I'm not comfortable running in the area in the dark by myself. I feel like I end up with a weird gait on a treadmill, and almost always end up with new blisters. I detest the little buggers. Evil grin

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

what is Lou doing up this late at night??????
                  Oh my. I post at 8:23pm and people are shocked. I have gotten a reputation. Wink

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com