Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 10.8.13 (Read 42 times)

7.4 miles with 8 x hill repeats at 6:30 am and then a full day of meetings, Dr. appt with granny, xc meet for the kiddo and a conference call just now....yee haw!

Hurray OM! Sorry about running Wineglass with a head cold and not as ideal conditions. I loved that one and mostly because WillrunforBeer and Predawnrunner were there and we got to spend time together. What fun to be there with so many of your running club. I turned the medal into a holiday ornament. Go get 'em at the upcoming ones.

Ryan will be knocking down those PRs for years to come I am thinking. A lesson learned hard, but a good one. The marathon is a fickle beast.

Hurray! Honey came home. We love Hudson for so many reasons including that he doesn't break for it like Boogie the beagle (may he rest in peace) Thank goodness he was cute-----dang escape artist---counter surfing rascal.

Lamerunner! I'll look forward to seeing you on November 3!  RIght now I am 11th in the individual masters women standings for the Grand Prix, we'll see what happens. Lots of extremely speedy masters ahead of me....our open team is tied for 7th....have to run well on 11/3 to stay in the money.

So who wants to join me for my running birthday party in 2014? I am taking the plunge and will go for the VT 50 on 9/28 in honor of my 50th. Register in May 2014......start making plans my friends, I'd love to share this. And Fatozzig, I'll be asking you for lots of advice. You rule!

Hurray henrun!

I know lots of other props and shout-outs are deserved, but dinner is ready and since I am the ever grateful recipient--gotta go. Cheers to all and hugs if needed.

wildchild

Carolyn

So who wants to join me for my running birthday party in 2014? I am taking the plunge and will go for the VT 50 on 9/28 in honor of my 50th. Register in May 2014......start making plans my friends, I'd love to share this.

OOhhh,  I'm in!    Not sure if I'll do the 50k or the 50 mile, but I'm in!  The big problem is, you will now be in my AG...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

OOhhh,  I'm in!    Not sure if I'll do the 50k or the 50 mile, but I'm in!  The big problem is, you will now be in my AG...

Big grin

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

CNYrunner the phrase "no freakin way" somehow comes to mind.

OrangeMat well done in tough conditions!

I was off for a mixed run.  A total of 14 miles.  Mixed because the first 3 or so were sans zombies and the rest were with my running away from them.  Quite proud of my zombie escapes today!  Big grin  I felt really good all run and when they showed up while I was going up a hill I just bore down, ran and escaped.  I think my phone had some inkling that the zombies did not have a chance.  Just prior to the last chase the song that came up was Harlem by New Politics.  I am not sure why but this song just gets me going and when it came on I said to myself that no zombie could catch me now.  The zombies showed up and I easily outran them.  Yea, I know this all sounds really silly and juvenile and it is.  (Maybe not to Avenger Doggie who seems to have a talking person he calls SteveP but to anybody else.  Joking)  The thing is, the zombies and their accompanying story line does make a 14 mile run go by a lot faster!  On a totally unrelated note, I was surprised to find out I finished 7 out of 63 in my AG on Sunday.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

CNYrunner the phrase "no freakin way" somehow comes to mind.

Big grin

Mariposai

So Enkie is planning a 50 run into the dark in the coldest part of winter and Karin is planning a 50 miler. Aren't RA goddesses just amazing!!!

twocat, 7 out of 63 in my AG on Sunday!! Congrats!

Lamerunner, funny that I see you here today since we got our first snow in the mountains and I thought of you and XT skiing.

While the mountain got it's first snow, here in the valley we enjoyed a gorgeous afternoon fall weather. 8 zombileks miles tonight. It was dark when I returned home and I was thankful that my DH insisted that I wear my blinkies during my run!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai

Not that I have any real idea, but I think you train for a marathon and then just run roughly 4.8 miles further.  Simple, right?  Wink

That is exactly what I did for my one and only 50k. Ran a marathon, 2 weeks later I was in Seattle for a meeting, found out about this great 50k, signed up for it the night before and I ran the course the next morning. Taper boy was there!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Oh, I kind of think that I know which one you'll do.

However, just don't read CNY's friend's VT50 blog first.

One of the disadvantages of the aging process is seeing beloved ultra distances getting more-and-more out-of-reach year-by-year.  It's almost enough to make a person want to train, after all.

Another worse one is not even remembering being there for posie's 50K but I remember her Guinness-level negative split from the 42.195K marathon mark to 50K.  private message to mari:  no particular reason but eno taht morf sotophyna?

One thing I'll never forget though are so many amazing ultra-goddess accomplishments that continue to inspire the rest of us not to quit either.  Thanks mari, zigs, wildchild, holly, dove, francesca, arf, et al and soon-to-be CNY and enke., .

Aren't RA goddesses just amazing!!!

ps - I gotta get near a television set for some of the baseball playoff games and check out all the tutu's the annnouncers are talking about .  Is it like a won-tu

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

lamerunner

Karin, you are running Manchester! That is great. I will certainly see you... I am tempted on the 2014 VT thing, but we shall see. I would have to do a lot of cross training; my knee wouldn't handle the miles...