Masters Running

Weightloss or MITTH Challenge - Week 1 (Read 387 times)

evanflein

Pretty much, I survive the month of December on booze, sugar and cheese. And coffee.
    Ah, a woman after my own heart. I can skip the sugar, but replace it with popcorn and I'm right there with ya! Big grin
      Pretty much, I survive the month of December on booze, sugar and cheese. And coffee.
      I'm with Jlynne, replace the sugar with French fries - but good French fries - oh, and chips - and I'm down right thrilled with life. But I've been really good since Thanksgiving, and as of Tuesday, I was back up to 146. And that's after my 30k on Sunday. What gives?? Confused Makes a gal want to go to the brewery and indulge in hot wings. Evil grin

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

Ok-I weighed in at 140 this morning-down 3 lbs! I'm doing the naked dance of joy like Holly. However, I was hormonally challenged last week too-funny how this group hormonal thing can even happen online....so most of it is probably water weight but I also got out my Paleo Diet for Athletes book. I'm going to be really hungry next week since this snowstorm that's dumping on VT right now will make gathering food caveman style a bit difficult. Kelly
        If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

Prince of Fatness

December 5 - 173 lbs. December 12 - 171.5 lbs. 1.5 pounds lost this week. I'll take it. I abstained from alot of junk they had out in the office this week. That's the ticket. And for the record I was not hormonally challenged. Tongue

Not at it at all. 

Marathon Maniac #957

And for the record I was not hormonally challenged. Tongue
            Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I also got out my Paleo Diet for Athletes book. I'm going to be really hungry next week since this snowstorm that's dumping on VT right now will make gathering food caveman style a bit difficult. Kelly
              Ah! So maybe that's the ticket. Starvation!! 145.4. Blush Probably hasn't helped that I've been a sloth this week. Don't know if I was in the hormonally challenged group last week or not. Tried to be, but nothing ever really presented itself. Hey! Maybe it's never going to happen again!! . . . . yeah, right. MrPhin - Happy to know there weren't any hormonal challenges in your life last week. Well, at least not on your part. Big grin

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Prince of Fatness

MrPhin - Happy to know there weren't any hormonal challenges in your life last week. Well, at least not on your part. Big grin
                Thanks! I've been married almost 23 years so I know all about female hormones, and yes, they can be challenging at times.

Not at it at all. 

evanflein

Bah. Well, challenging or not, they can be a downright pain in the arse sometimes! Ok, vent time. Since NYC, I've been cross training like a banshee. Almost more than at any other time in my life... I've picked up the weight training (3-4 times a week), elliptical, bike, pool running, rowing, etc, and now back into running. I've also been working out 2x a day for at least 3 days a week, with a long workout on Sundays to mimic the "long run day" kind of thing. On the intake side, I've been watching what I eat very carefully. I've had maybe 2 "over did it" days since beginning of November, and yes including Thanksgiving where I was very very good. No cookies, no pie, no candy (even though a vendor sent us some wonderful gourmet chocolates, I've had none), no chips, no beer, no fried anything, no ice cream, no baked goodies (even though a co-worker here is an excellent baker and has brought treats). I've cut back on wine quite a bit to the point DH asked if Lent has come early. There's wonderful looking fudge in the kitchen and I've not so much as sniffed it. And I'm not losing weight. In fact, some days I'm UP even if I was very good the day before. I don't know if it's hormones, time of year, AGE? or what. It's frustrating, and I just wanted to vent. Thanks.

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, I'll tell you about my latest favorite 100-calorie snack: Lipton Cup o Soup - Cream of Chicken - 60 calories 1/2 c. frozen mixed veggies - 45 calories Hey, this is pretty darn good, and filling, too, for being so lite. Great at the end of the afternoon to get me through until dinner. Anyone else get home and start grazing while cooking dinner 'cause you're famished? Best to make the soup first, so it dissolves all the way, before you add the veggies. Anyone else have some diet ideas to add?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Anyone else have some diet ideas to add?
                      I would, but I'm still reeling from evanflein saying no beer since the beginning of Nov. Surprised

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

Well, Nono, full confession time... I'm not a big beer drinker anyway so that's not a big sacrifice. But I've cut back on the wine, which is my vice of choice. Holly, I steer clear of those cup-o-soups because of the sodium. I'd retain a pound of water from that! I can always tell when I have soup at a restaurant cuz I'll have tight shoes and rings the next day. Another age-related frustration. It used to not bother me much.

Renee the dog

evanflein, I find I never lose weight while doing a high level of training - until it becomes routine. That's why I'm doing a bunch of 7 mi runs (I was trying to do it exclusively, but my life intrudes). As 7 has become routine, I've gotten faster without trying and am hoping to have my bod realize I'm at a plateau where there's nothing to stress about, and let me shed weight. And, I would say it is probably working, only because I'm eating like crazy due to the holiday practice baking, and my weight is holding steady.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Erika - You might want to review your intake to ensure you're actually taking in enough calories to sustain the high level of activity you are reporting. If you're not taking in enough calories, your body is not going to let go of the weight because it needs it to fuel you. Seriously. My training partner was complaining about not losing weight, but when she finally went back and did a close review, this was her problem. Once she started consuming more calories - not a ton, but more - she started losing some weight. I don't know how she figured this all out, except she did a full body composition testing at our local university in the Kineseology Department, which included a diet review. She kept track of everything she consumed over a two week period, as well as her all her activities. At the end of the two weeks, they took that information and told her where she was lacking, or overdoing it, in all areas, including sugars, protein, carbs, etc. Try increasing your calories a little bit each week and see what happens.

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

I started to step on the digital scale and it flashed "Git Off Fatboy" so no weight this week. I know this week was a total wreck, might have lost this battle but not the war. DW's xmas party tonight then clear sailing?

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Dutchie42

Totally forgot to come back here on Thu Shocked Scale said 130.6 pounds (US). So I lost a little over a pound (=300 grams). Not getting excited yet. Like Evryday said, it's just the usual weight fluctuation. And with french fries twice this week already cause I had no time to cook and two big bags of salted pop corn while cramming for an exam , I'm pretty pleased my weight is not up.

Dutchie
                                Run the day, or the day runs you.