Masters Running

Monday back to work/school runs and stuff (Read 548 times)

Amy - are you coming next month or in 2009?
    In '09--see, we can do Leading Ladies in August, then Air Force in September!
    Masters 2000 miles
    wildchild

Carolyn

The Olympics have seriously been cutting into my beauty rest, not to mention making me neglect my household chores! Who can I sue? It's interesting how there seems to be a trend for athletes to represent a country other than where they were born and/or raised. It's almost like nationality doesn't mean much anymore at the Olympics. Dave59, I like that Michigan law about school starting after Labor Day. Maybe we should move to Michigan! DD's school started today. Roch, We're all envious of your retirement! Sounds like a tough life. You and Ribs should compare notes. Wink Does your DW still work? If she's home too, I hope you don't drive her crazy. I went for a lunchtime run on a mostly flat trail near the office, and attempted to keep a sub-10 minute mile pace. My runs in the mountains are usually at 11:30 to 12:00 pace, and I feel like such a slug. This was my first run at low altitude (well, relatively speaking, at 5,700 ft) and on flat terrain in a while. I almost made it - 4.93 miles in 49:40, for an avg pace of 10:04. The last mile was a struggle, as it was 68 degrees and full sun, but overall a good run.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Beautiful day here in NH. 5.5 miles today. But too busy for my swim. Retirement can very busy. Tomorrow for sure.
        dg.

In a million years you won't guess what my workout is for today. Nada. Zilch. Nothing. I feel absolutely super, but just have this gnawing feeling that it is better to be patient and careful, so just to be on the safe side, today will be all books, couch and Olympics. I'll go back at it again tomorrow. Roch's post earns "Post of the Day" award! And he ends it by saying he'll catch up on all the other posts when he has more time!
          SR, Yes Doug, happy happy first day of retirement. My computer at work died. beepless & fanless. spent most of the day playing with it, & it's still not functional. Maybe tomorrow. but how, how, is a person supposed to keep up under those conditions?
            Hi everyone, Been so busy lately but finally had a moment or to to pop in. No running today but two and half hours yesterday in the morning heat with Liz. I was so beat at the end. Today my hips and lbutt are a bit tight. Back into heavy traiining now specifically for the half marathon in 5 weeks. Take care and I promise to catch up on goings on. Best Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Some close family friends who lived in Wisconsin retired and moved to Florida last year. They bought a motor home to visit their kids and come back to visit old friends here. They've been in Wisconsin for a couple of weeks, and we had them over for dinner last week.On Friday night our friend was out walking with his wife when he couldn't catch his breath. Their daughter is a nurse and suggested that he go to the emergency room to find out what was wrong. Well, yesterday he went through triple bypass surgery, and today he's feeling pretty down. My hopes are that Spareribs reads this and can offer some advice/suggestions on how to help get him through this difficult time. He's only 63 years old and was still active - playing softball, swimming, etc. Unfortunately, he's also still smoking. As someone who just went through this, can you help Spareribs?

Renee the dog

Checking in with my daily thread running buds to let you know my Dad died earlier tonight. I'm OK with him being gone, but terrible at delivering the news to his brother, his friends...I feel so badly for them. It's hard to lose a peer. Sigh. Anyway, here's a photo of the man I've been telling you about for the last few weeks. Just a few years ago..

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

((nonoruns)) so sorry to hear the loss of your dad -- you and your family will be in my prayers i so missed you guys!! i haven't had computer access since thursday morning because i was at the campground so trying to do some catching up -- so much going on here!! tomorrow is a new start for me -- time to get serious about eating healthy and training smart -- now that i know i can do a 7.5 mile at a 10min/mile pace and a 3.1 race in 26:34 without my back aching i need to get my butt back into gear - i would really love to start slowly adding up the miles and train for a late fall 1/2 marathon meeting Bob and his wife at the OOB breakaway was so fun!! he is blazing fast even tho he felt he didn't have it that day -- it was sunny and humid and i am in awe of him!! no running to post today, but if i don't get called in to work tonight i'm planning on getting up early(for me) and hitting the road before the heat and humidity kicks in!! Nite all!!

denise

King of PhotoShop

Some close family friends who lived in Wisconsin retired and moved to Florida last year. They bought a motor home to visit their kids and come back to visit old friends here. They've been in Wisconsin for a couple of weeks, and we had them over for dinner last week.On Friday night our friend was out walking with his wife when he couldn't catch his breath. Their daughter is a nurse and suggested that he go to the emergency room to find out what was wrong. Well, yesterday he went through triple bypass surgery, and today he's feeling pretty down. My hopes are that Spareribs reads this and can offer some advice/suggestions on how to help get him through this difficult time. He's only 63 years old and was still active - playing softball, swimming, etc. Unfortunately, he's also still smoking. As someone who just went through this, can you help Spareribs?
                    Of course I will. Send me his email address and I will write to him. He may appreciate knowing that it happens to many people and that he is very fortunate. Sometimes you have to hear it from someone else, outside your family. I will be happy to drop him an optimistic note. Spareribs

King of PhotoShop

Checking in with my daily thread running buds to let you know my Dad died earlier tonight. I'm OK with him being gone, but terrible at delivering the news to his brother, his friends...I feel so badly for them. It's hard to lose a peer. Sigh. Anyway, here's a photo of the man I've been telling you about for the last few weeks. Just a few years ago..
                      Nono, you have had some tough times of late and now this. I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you. Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

My heart goes out to you.
                        what a great-looking father and how hard it must be, . . . however, be sure to check the valves on SR's heart; he's pretty special too. after rare visit to local running shoe store, lots of toro and even not being phased at all with eihire at Japanese restaurant of dark horse/soundie fame with a beautiful goddess on her way to Washington, D.C. for more accolades on her rural health care programs in the real Washington.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Nono, so sorry to hear the news of your dad. Glad you're ok with it. Sometimes it really is better, sounds like he was "done" and wanted this. Hugs and prayers to you and your family as you go through the next few weeks. Hit the gym tonight... 20 minutes on the elliptical (which I found hurts my foot more than walking), 30 minutes of weight training on nautilus and free weights, and 30 minutes of pool running. Now my arms feel tired and "noodley" which is a really good feeling. There was an aqua aerobics class going on in the pool while I was doing my thing there... playing some sort of calypso type music. That was sort of fun... still painfully boring to do that though. Figured it equates to about 3 miles... Foot liked the pool.
                          SteveP

Rochrunner, is the cider mill on Paint Creek still operational???? Your profile does not say you're retired. Confused Nono, my heart goes out to you. That's a great picture of your dad.

SteveP