Masters Running

Fridaily, 8.18.23 (Read 37 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

twocat - no kidding about one hour for digital key copying that just as well could seem to have been done in 15 minutes, if not one minute, but the parking lot trailer one I went to also said one hour too but, when I went back, it was up to one-and-a-half hours because it was an older 2013 make.

Tet, Crested Butte is not above tree line.  Around here, treeline is about 11,000 ft, and I think it's similar over there.   

Wildchild - wowza. I never would have dreamed you still be in trees and forests up to 17,000" when timberline's at ~4,500 around here and only 2,800' further up the coast once you start getting to Murray-land and mine so anything higher than 3,000' or so has nothing but cliffs and glaciers, if much of any of them are even left anymore.

Tet- you definitely would have probably taken a shuttle from Gunnison up to the ski mountain.  The little town of Crested Butte is actually between Gunnison (30 miles from Gunnison) and the ski resort/mountain.  The mountain is about 2 miles up from town (and I DO mean up).

KSA - I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have stayed 30 miles away from the daily skiing. Are there any old time Gunsmoke typek, faded wood, hotels in Crested Butte, . . . if there was even a Crested Butte in 1964. Whatever it is, it's even prettier than winter that I would never say since I loved skiing so much but, at this stage, I'm getting to like summers more and more.  Have fun.

ps - okay for me on not knowing Smith Rock and River, Leadville and Alma but now Gunnison and Crested Butte that I loved? IF this is what getting old is like, maybe I don't like it as much as I thought I did.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Crested Butte was here in the 60s, but a lot of folks do stay in Gunnison.   The ski resort opened in 1960 but the town dates back to the 1880s.    There are still some old, small hotels in CB, but mainly houses and some condos.  Mainly the condos are up on the ski mountain (lots of them), but that would not have been the case in 1964.      Tree line is around 11000 feet-  not 17000.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Rest day for me. PF was a bit achy this morning and I'm very humble about how smart I am in restraining from over-training. One of these decades that's going to sink in, and I won't keep pushing it until I can't run for several weeks. About 7 weeks until Huntsman World Senior Games. It's going to get humid and slightly warmer here the next 3 days as a result of the hurricane remnants passing us on the other side of the Sierra. Still greta running weather.

Nice CO pics! I keep meaning to go do a memory lane tour, but other stuff keeps getting in the way.

Does anyone know how to delete pages/threads you started? A years-old thread titled "too much smoke" I started hasn't been used and shows up on my feed, I'd like to remove it from the website.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying