Masters Running

Friday Ground Hog Day February 2 (Read 37 times)

spacityrunner

Surly Bill I always lose in a fight with the roadway/trail.  

3.3 miles around the workplace. Didn't think I was going to get to run today as it was a very.busy.day but made sure I got out there. Kinda speedy for me...37 min/11:35 m/m. The setting sun will do wonders for your pace :-)

Trails Rock!

Henrun

Surly Bill-earlier in the week I lost a fight with the trolley tracks😢

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, rain in the early AM, so an easy 5 in the wind at lunch.  Haven't decided whether or not I'll do the half in the morning.  Forecast calls for low 20s at the start, with light wind.  I enjoy cold weather running (granted, a relative term especially here in the southeast) but that may be a bit too cold.  Will play it by ear.

Mariposai, no, that was a reference to Fort Leavenworth, KS and the military prison there.  There was an article this week about military members on Strava inadvertently disclosing locations of different bases using devices and that app (I assume among others).  Became a bit of a gag for a couple of days.  I'm still assigned in eastern NC.

Sorry Erika!! 😫😫

60 minute massage, 4.1 treadmill miles with intervals - really wanted more but was having tummy troubles and too many errands to do so finished off with some planks

Hopefully my next post will be from a warmer climate!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

fattozig; Prairie Creek would be good, but that Irvine trail has some steeps! And it's pretty popular with the tourists. I've done the Irvine/Miners ridge loop a few times. An out and back on Lost Man might be OK, or how about the Davison trail between the campground and the elk viewing area, maybe add the Elk Meadow loop if it's too short? Campground would be a good staging area, especially if you reserve the spots there by the meadow.

leslie - I'd like to get a good look at your fatass down there too.

They usually only have them up in the PNW after the New Year's indulgences.

Good luck

erika - wow, lunar eclipse with earning morning Northern Lights.

However, if it's a three-or-four hour time exposure,

not sure why the lights aren't more blinding bright though.

Didn't do anything today except get ready for annual volunteering

at area-wide immigration expo tomorrow so nothing for jay to report.

With sixteen running in today's list, he's got enough material.

Kind of reminds me of Bob Hope always with a witty comment

to get our days off to a good start. Thanks.

tom/erika - do you pool run with feet on the bottom as in the four foot deep

fitness center lap pool down here or are you in the deeps, or both?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

2.42 miles after work in about 30+ min.

Erika - Well, dang it. Hopefully it's nothing major.

Surly Bill - War wounds!  It looks like decent weather through at least the middle of next week.  Great for The Hub's work, but boy does CA still need rain and snow.

I hadn't thought about setting up camp for a FatAss.  That would be a great idea.  They even have a few cabins there. Surly - The Marin Headlands are a whole lot hillier than the James Irvine! But the JI has some nasty roots at the Fern Canyon end that'll send you face-planting in a hot second if you're not paying attention.  I'm wondering how many people could be involved in this thing without getting in trouble for having an "event."  Hmmmm . . .  Tet - if this thing comes to fruition, whether at Prairie Creek or elsewhere, I'll let you know.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

I'm not sure what the rodent predicted weather-wise, but it sure felt like a warm spring day here. by the time I hit the trails, it was upper 40's and I bet it was easily mid 50s when I got done. tshirt weather for sure. 
                10 miles of trails today.

Tammy

SteveP

I'm mulling over the idea of putting together a Fatass Ultra here in the mid to late summer.  The perfect location would be Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park.  The James Irvine Trail is 5 miles one way.  Get some cars parked at either end to work as aid stations, find people willing to hang out in shifts to man the cars . . . it might be doable.

I have dreams like this.

Erika, that picture is stunning.

One more mile after work.

I get to go in this weekend.

SteveP

...tet//..........I take it all the way to both ends of the pool, and start pushing against the water as soon as  I hit the shallow end....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....