Masters Running

Thursday 12/6/18 (Read 38 times)

TammyinGP

No running for me today. I have a meeting after work to attend (I've never been an "agenda item" on a community meeting before!  Wink

then I need to do laundry, get my stuff packed, make sure I don't need to buy any last minute things for our trip, etc.  Busy night for me.

oh, and I still have about 180 pages to read in my library book that is due back on Friday. 

Tammy

Tramps

Tammy--have a great trip!

Tramps - Courtney Dauwalter is amazing and is, I think, an ambassador for women who explore long distance running.

Ha! When I read it, I assumed you must know about her or maybe even know her.

Got out for 16 on the bike on a gorgeous sunny day.

Be safe. Be kind.

Re: SS - No, you have to choose your benefit or the spousal benefit.  This particular loophole that we are taking advantage of lets me take my spousal benefit on my husband's SS (he is drawing his own) even though it is less than mine and mine still accrues and I can get the higher amount at age 70 on my own account.   There was no reason to leave that on the table, even though there is still lots of earned income (mine) coming in.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still a bit confused, but something to put in my cap for later down the road.  We have a "few" years to go before we cross that bridge.

Tammy - See! You shoulda taken that Evelyn Wood speeding course when you had the chance.

Tom - 

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

The election of taking the spousal benefit while still working only applies if you were born before 1954.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

2.8 miles outside at lunch.  I overdressed because it looked gloomy (and it was), but it was 43 degrees!  Good to be outside.

No workout again today, and it's the fourth straight day that I've eaten out for either lunch or dinner (my typical average for about two months!). But at least today was a lunch for current (old) runners and triathletes, so that must count for something! And I did get talked into entering a 5K this Saturday.

And the rest of you are making me feel bad for slacking off! 

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

The election of taking the spousal benefit while still working only applies if you were born before 1954.

Dang it! 

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Triple Threat Thursday - 30 minute spin, 55 minute Body Pump, 3.3 outside miles - the only pain of it is changing clothes to run outside - my gym clothes get too sweaty for me to run outside in them after the indoor workouts!!

Morning mass and prayer group then went to get my new car!!  Bought a 2018 Rav4 - color is black currant and is quite sharp looking!!

Apparently Santa thinks I've been a very good girl this year!! 

Holly - that looks like a beautiful place for a party - enjoy!!

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Morning mass and prayer group then went to get my new car!!  Bought a 2018 Rav4 - color is black currant and is quite sharp looking!!

Apparently Santa thinks I've been a very good girl this year!! 

We do know that one of Santa's elves has been working hard

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

Congrats!  We were just talking this week about maybe making the leap to a Rav4 (or a CRV). Our Subaru Impreza's transmission recently needed replacing (thankfully, the dealer covered much of the cost even though it was out of warranty because it was a known issue.  Apparently Subaru Impreza reliability sucks. Who knew?).  But now the Impreza's had so much work done--and its trade-in value is not very good--we feel like we should try to hang on for at least another year. I'll be curious to hear about your experience.

Be safe. Be kind.

Henrun

First run since surgery-only 1.5 miles but felt good. Stitches not out till Monday and started OT. Still limited movement but should improve. Sad about not being able to play my saxophone 🎷 yet and Marj reminds me that I can’t wash dishes yet😢.

Congrats on the car, Deez.  It sounds really nice!

Glad you got a run in, henrun!

mrrun

Henrun - any sadness about not being able to do dishes????  

congrats deez on car

Jlynne

One of the FEW advantages of being old!

It's too bad you can't wash dishes Henry. Milk that as long as you can! (Oops, sorry Marj)

Your new wheels sound great Deez. How about a picture?

Have a great vaca Tammy.

We've got the Packers coaches/players/employees Christmas party tonight. DH got an e-mail with about 25 "don'ts" on it. Don't ask for selies, don't ask for pictures, don't ask for autographs, don't drink too much, don't this, don't that. Should be a good time...

wildchild

Carolyn

Tammy--have a great trip!

Ha! When I read it, I assumed you must know about her or maybe even know her.

Got out for 16 on the bike on a gorgeous sunny day.

I certainly know about Courtney, and have met her a few times at races, although I'm sure she doesn't remember me.  She lives in Golden, and I saw her running a few blocks from DD's house once.  She's truly amazing, and most of my ultra friends are pretty star struck by her.

Tammy, I'm jealous of your trip to Hawaii!  Enjoy the warmth for us, okay? And your time with DS!

Roch, have fun at your 5k this weekend.  No more slacking for you!  

Holly, my dad grew up in Dayton.  He was actually a paper boy for one of the Wright Brothers (I forget which one) when he was a kid and Mr. Wright was an old man.

Deez, sounds like a sweet new car!

Henrun, congrats on running again, and on not doing dishes!

I ran my favorite 7-ish mile loop in Golden Gate Canyon State Park this afternoon - I wore screw shoes but didn't really  need them, as it was mostly bare dirt, and the few snowy parts didn't seem icy.  Man, I love trail running.  My happy place.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.