Masters Running

Wilting away Wednesday, May 26 Daily (Read 622 times)

....tim//........OBVIOUSLY

you need to marry his daughter then have him bumped off.......

just a thought.

.........sorry it didn't go well.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

In reference to the cottonwoods.  Probably 25 years ago, I dug up what I thought was a little, common, aspen and planted it next to the house.  It turns out it's a cottonwood and real big now.  It hasn't started to make its white stuff yet but every year it looks like snow.

This morning, it was in the low 60s, calm, and humid.  I got in 4 miles in a bit under 39:30 for a 9:51 pace.

In a little bit we are heading out for Columbia, MD where a nephew is getting married on Saturday.  Roch, that's why I did my long run yesterday, in spite of the H&H.  I may not get to run much the rest of the week.  Perhaps I can get in a short run with some or all of my daughter, my son, and my brother (selb3).  Because of this trip, I couldn't even wonder if I could get to Bayshore.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Timbo - if there is family involved in the business, this is a blessing in disguise ..... run in the other direction!!

Have fun with your family TomS!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

no cottonwoods here that i know of, but the pollen is out of control!!  so weird having this humid, heat wave in May too - hate having the a/c running this early in the year but the men in this house dont deal with humidity very well -- looks like i'll be moving south on my own someday!!

great day so far - yesterday donated blood after working all night so took a rest day

today -- went for outside bike training class and I was the only one to make it so had a nice private ride with our coach! then indoors for swim training - warmup, drills, sprints - great workout!!

tonight - track and we have yasso 800's on the schedule!!   then our monthly MVS meeting where we give out 8 scholarships - usually a very fun night!

and ... new mattress and boxspring being delivered today -- hope this helps with my cranky back!!

have a wonderful day friends!!

denise

Mariposai

timbo...I would watch out for a man who does not keep his word. Be very careful!

Dg, have fun this weekend!!! Say hi to the bAAby for me.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

Did my slideboarding and stretching this morning but didn't report. I was planning on getting tomorrow's run in today too, so I set the alarm super-early so Renee could go with me before it heated up.  Well, she wouldn't get out of bed!  I went downstairs; she stayed upstairs. When I went back up to change, she was lying in my spot out cold!  What else is a girl to do?

I crawled in beside her and cuddled with her and Bayside. Good morning, but not the one I planned.

Good runs to all who still have them to knock out today!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

so unlike fatozzig, I don't have to worry about sweaty panty hose.

dg - I brought home two file boxes of paperwork.  Want some??

I love dogwood trees, although we can't really grow them here.  Too cool.

Gotta make this fast.  Am copying from another post:

8.25 miles this a.m. in approx 1:22.  The legs ran out of climbing sproink around Mile 4, so I said "screw it" and walked a couple after that.  Was suppose to do 10 miles, but I knew I was going to be slower than normal and I didn't want to be late for work.

I have no energy today.  I'm thinking that with my attempts to lose weight, I may not be fueling correctly.  Or it could be the 3 hours I put in working after work last night.   I sure would like to have a few sessions with a sports nutritionist, but I don't know if any in our area.  Oh, I don't know.  I'd take iron, but I hate burping that stuff back up.  Have an annual in a couple of weeks, so will talk to the doc then.

Later ~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Henrun

I was going to write up my sweaty run but I noticed that Marj has already done it. Actually I ran along the Charles and down along the Harborwalk in Fort Point-a beautiful new path near South Boston along the bay. Yesterday I read and walked there after my morning run and it was about 15° cooler.                                                                   

Have to brag a bit about my ever faster DW. In the mail today was an engraved finisher's medal from the Indy 500 Half Marathon. Originally they had her finishing 4th in her division (of 123). They revised it to 3rd. So, she finished in the money in that 35,000 field.

wildchild

Carolyn

Congrats on the hardware, Marj!

Tim,  good thing you didn't quit your other (non-working) job yet. At least you have some leverage.

My run today sounded like yours yesterday - 5 miles with multiple walk breaks. Bleh.    I'm hoping that means I"m due for a good run tomorrow.  It's getting too hot to RAL so I'm gonna have to start running on the way home up higher in the mountains. 

Tom, enjoy the nephew's wedding and the visit with your family! Hope you have time for a run with the gang.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

deez - three sports in one day, wow!

fatozzig - me tired too.  Too often, I hate it.  I'm borderline anemic but that isn't gonna change until the thyroid situation gets figured out, no matter how much iron I swallow.  New thyroxine increase doesn't seem to be doing anything but I will have to wait on the numbers (and still feel like carp either way.)

WooHoo Marj!!

no run, its raining so I'm resting and stuff

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Yay Marj!

Thank you everyone for the welcome back yesterday.

3 easy miles this afternoon in the heat of the day about 85 degrees. I am kind of wierd about it though because I  like the heat.  Nothing like a good lather going to loosen things up. 

Hope everyones runs are pleasant ones.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

It's in the 90's 'round here....I got it into my fool head to do a heat-acclimation run. Got about four miles into it and bagged it. I had brought along plenty of water and such, and did it around a park loop so that I could constantly re-hydrate, but I just didn't feel like gettin' BROILED, especially when it's supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow morning.

Walt

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

This is only for those in the Boston area, and short notice on top of it, but thought this might interset some folks.

SPECIAL EVENT
                            Dear Loyal Readers,

For those of you who have read Born to Run, author Chris McDougall's diatribe on barefoot running, the most frequently quoted expert within is Cambridge local, Harvard Professor Daniel Lieberman.

Right on the heels of publishing a major study on the effects of barefoot running in the journal Nature, professor Lieberman is now making a tour of sorts in an attempt to demystify the science behind the study, and to help clear the air on the barefoot running phenomenon.

This Thursday, May 27th from 6-8pm, visit our Boylston Street store in Boston for a chance to pick Lieberman's brain with the first in a planned series of Q&A sessions. Read on for details.

Find us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Q&A With The Barefoot Professor
                            Dan Lieberman

This minimalist running thing still has the running world abuzz, and is showing no signs of slowing. With the introduction of several new products to our product line in support of it, from Vibram and Newton to the new Saucony Kinvara, Marathon Sports is now more than ever ready to tackle the demands of each and every runner looking to make the switch.

In a show of true solidarity, Harvard Professor Dan Lieberman (the oft-quoted expert in Chris McDougall's Born to Run and coauthor of the recent Nature study which lends credence to the claim that barefoot running can indeed decrease injury risk) has offered to subject himself to a barrage of questions from eager Marathon Sports loyalists on Thursday, May 27th in our Boston store.

From 6-8pm, stop by to see the man himself, explore a bit of the data discovered in the recent study, and pick Professor Lieberman's brain until his voice goes hoarse.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Renee the dog

Crap!  I meant to say Hi Halllar! in my earlier post!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

{{{Hang in there, Enke!}}}  My niece is going through some real humdinger issues that include taking meds, waiting for the numbers, etc.  It's not her thyroid - which is what we were thinking - but for some reason she's on the verge of going through menopause, she has too much testosterone on her system, and something else.  She's only 27 yo.  She's been gaining a lot of weight over the past couple of years and finally went to her doctor and said, look.  There are no obese people in  my family.  I watch every bite that goes in my mouth.  I'm to the point where I'm hardly eating anything because if I eat, I gain weight.  WTH???

My heart goes out to her.  She just got married last June, and they were hoping to work on getting preggers this summer.  Now they have to wait at least another year.  I told it just gave them more time to ensure their financial security, along with getting her health straightened out.

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance