Masters Running

Saturdaily 7/6 (Read 43 times)

Joe618

Hey all!   Just had a marvelous meet up with MikeE.   We talked for 90 minutes and the topics even occasionally included running.   Very nice time...thanks a lot, Mike, for making the time and suggesting a good spot.

I only noticed after the fact that in the background is a coincidental nod to our own SurlyBill.  You will also note, not surprisingly, that the weekend garb for both of us is race T shirts. 

Thanks a ton, Mike, enjoyed it!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

mrrun

great pic mike and joe - another super RA meet-up!!

back home after a wonderful but exhausting week (physically and mentally) with SIL.  fortunately we made it in  5 minutes before the rains started -

will try to ketchup of the last couple of days

marj

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Nice exclusive gathering!  Since Mike trains at 6:40 miles, I would guess he's probable mid 5's when he only has to do one 

Headed home early from Miane for what we thought was going to be a neighborhood block party.  We got a text from one of the neighbors that it had been postponed about 10 minutes before we got home   But turned out to be a good call, as a pretty decent t'storm came through in what would have been right around the middle of the party.  we'll try again tomorrow.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I love that picture, Joe and Mike.  Nice color coordinating and great that Surly is in the background.  Nice meetup!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Love the Mike and Joe pic, and how thoughtful for Surly to make an appearance... I have had the great fortune to meet Mike on more than one race event - an awesome person, inside and out.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Yep--I had a great visit with Joe, today.  Like I told him, I have never been disappointed with anybody I've ever met from this group.  The streak continues.  Thanks, Joe!  Oh, and thanks for joining us Bill.

Before the visit, I had a good 10 mile run.  After the visit I came home and watched a Danielle Steel movie with Debbie...oh brother...

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hello everybody!

Yep--I had a great visit with Joe, today.  Like I told him, I have never been disappointed with anybody I've ever met from this group.  The streak continues.  Thanks, Joe!  Oh, and thanks for joining us Bill.

Before the visit, I had a good 10 mile run.  After the visit I came home and watched a Danielle Steel movie with Debbie...oh brother...

Okay--that's all I got.  See ya!

what, no confirmation of my estimate?  

Joe618

Nice exclusive gathering!  Since Mike trains at 6:40 miles, I would guess he's probable mid 5's when he only has to do one 

Sorry for the oversight, Stumpy.   While Mike and I met up today, Mike did not run the same pair of races I ran with my DS2.   He instead stuck to his disciplined training plan and ran 10 in this heat.    Had he run a single mile, though, I'm sure he would have nailed a 5 something mile!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Mike E

MM #5615

Yes, stumpy, I can run a 5 something mile.  5:59.9 is 5 something, right?

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, fairly quick post.  Another 7+ miles in the heat and humidity.  My shoes from yesterday were still soaked so I wore the racing flats I wore Thursday.  Pace nothing to write home about, I started too late.  But even if I hadn't, this time of year the lowest temps generally occur with the highest humidity.  Ugh.  Oh well, the price we pay for our lovely Januaries and Februaries.  After that DS#2 and I cooked together.  I haven't made ravioli in years so we made some today.  Not bad at all.  The dough wasn't too tough and the filling was ricotta, romano cheese, an egg, salt, pepper, pancetta and spinach.  Quite good.  DS#2 attempted a dessert ravioli.  He invented (I sure don't have a recipe) a sweet noodle dough and the filling was ricotta, sugar, an egg and some white chocolate.  He also made a berry sauce for it.  Not bad.  We'll try to fry them next time.

Joe, nice work on the mile race.  My old guy PR at our "Burning Up the Blacktop" one mile race is 5:43.....I'd guess Mike is closer to 5:15 (or faster).  Glad y'all were able to meet up!

Have a greta night everyone.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Yes, indeed it is. And still incomprehensible to me.  I can barely make 7 m/m down hill

58.5 miles @ exhausting

12hr race

hit marathon @ about 4:00, 50k at about 5:00, turned into the Tin Man around 50 miles and had to walk half the time; or more. Frustrating to watch 100k goal slip away minute by minute.

At least I podiumed; 1st AG by a few miles.

Cool you guys could hook up, Joe & Mike! So, you found my Brewery...I need to order a couple stickers from them!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

58.5 miles @ exhausting

12hr race

. . .

At least I podiumed; 1st AG by a few miles.

Wow! Fantastic

Two+ marathons.

That's Hors top five catégorie around here

What was your OA?

Wasn't it going to be quite hilly too?

yep, same as when my dad in those days could tell
                            everyone I ran the local marathon down there in 3 hrs.

Fortunately, they never asked him to specify

'cause it sure wasn't 3:15 (3:59:15).

Neat meet-up.

I have no idea what KSA is talking about.
                            Maybe Joe can arrange a meet-up
                            with pics too.
                            What about the mid-riff, cool poly

singlets that're pretty common
                            on hot days out here?
                            I bet DS has a bunch
                            from his IM’s and HIM's.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Wow! Fantastic

Two+ marathons.

That's Hors top five catégorie around here

What was your OA?

Wasn't it going to be quite hilly too?

I'm pouring over my stats from my watch now, but bed is calling. The "official" distance was 57.7, my watch(s) total 58.97 but they can definitely be off. There were some issues with my distance, after the race they had me at about 50 miles which was WAY off. I had them check split times and sure enough I was shorted some loops. And I think I'm STILL shorted, because 16+9 loops comes out to 58.4 miles, which is more in line with my watch.

There were two loops, the big one is supposed to be 3.38 and the little one .48. We could run the little one in the last hour, incomplete loop at the end did not count. Good thing I ran the last one fast and had 2:00 to spare, the next guy in my AG was ONE little loop behind me. I did 16 and 9 loops. I ended up 7th OA, but if I had not turned into a rusty creaking robot and hit my 100k goal I would have got 2nd OA.

About 2700' of climbing, so not too bad. It was windy AF all day, but it never got over 70 degrees.

I'm satisfied with this, because I've only been running 30-40 miles a week for the last few months.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying