Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 12.10.17 (Read 36 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Metalman - that looks like an awesome hike!

Carolyn - what an adventure!

For anyone interested, here is the relive of my run today.  In the winter I start running in the other direction, so I can stop at McDonalds to get water and/or pottie break.

https://www.relive.cc/view/g16139437937

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Cross-training with the snow shovel today!! 1.1 mile in snowboots to stay in the challenge.

DH and I finally had a good talk today - seems he has been really stressed over retirement funds and is exhausted from work (60 hours/week) and worry.

I also made a call and my BC out of network max is $4k so looks like that is the most we would have to pay and technically they may have Justin sign the "promissory note" for what he can pay instead of us. In the grand scheme of things that is nowhere near as bad as DH was thinking and if this is the place that can hep Justin realize how important it is to stay on his meds and in treatment along with staying away from the drugs and alcohol then it is worth it!!

Milktruck - that video was pretty cool!!

denise

bioguy

Hi all; no real workout today. I drove to D.C. and attended a half-day Chi running workshop. Lots of posture drills then some practice putting it all together. Not completely sure it will make a great difference, but I'll see what happens.

Tailwinds!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I'm glad you got things worked out, deez.

I went 6 miles, tonight, after the Vikings lost.  Then, Debbie and I went out for pizza.

Okay--got go.  See ya!

coastwalker boy that is one awful drive! Nice video of you though, thank you milktruck for the link. If you are looking for coastwalker he appears at 1:06 into the video. He has on a yellow-green top.

deez4boyz glad to hear that your ins limits the possible financial cost. Best wishes for Justin's ultimate recovery.

Holly S. that is one long out and back on your relive video. There is no way you can turn that into a loop?

Today was a long run day for me. I decided to go 18 with 5 at (hoped for) marathon pace. Unlike my last attempt I actually did it this time. Like the rest of New England we received some snow last night. I waited for it to melt off of the roads before going out. The relive video contains a couple of pictures which show off the still picturesque local scenery. Sorry wildchild, no over or under passes.

https://www.relive.cc/view/g16140810607

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Quick post - 45 min of core/ST this a.m. with plyometrics and agility ladder work.

Will review today's posts tomorrow.

Have a good night ~~

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, another busy day (and really no let up in sight).  Did manage to get in 7.5 miles at just under an 8:30 pace as the sun came up.  Still cold...but in the 20's here, not the teens.  Still, I was very edgy on anything that looked like it might have been black ice (accident almost 2 years ago ended my running streak two days short of starting year 9).  Went to Mass, then drove to Greensboro for a nephew's wedding.  At my sister's request I wore service dress (I think she wanted me to distract mom).  Another nephew (the groom's older brother) married them and his younger brother was best man.  Luckily their wives all seem to like each other!

Holly S, full disclosure, I was born in Pittsburgh.  We moved to Alabama when I was in 7th grade.  I consider Birmingham my home town since I went to HS and learned to drive there.  As a bonus, it annoys my DW (born and raised in Valdosta, GA) who insists she married a yankee!  Still a long time ago and I don't recall it getting terribly cold in Pittsburgh when I was a kid.

Opus, so still learning how this reserve assignment system goes.  A 2 star went out of her way to convince me to put in for this job for a host of reasons (career development, etc).  My brain doesn't work that way, still more active duty--"I'm going where?"  At the conference I was getting stories back that apparently they are figuring out who is going to come in here behind me.  I know she doesn't get the final decision (another two star does) but I'm sure they talk and she must know something......or I'm way off, and I'm getting moved sometime between now and next summer anyway so it's just prudent to plan out officer moves (which makes more sense to me).

Deez, prayers continuing for all of you.  Sounds like a number of positive developments though.

Have a great night everyone!

I only got in another 4 trail miles today. Plans for a long run fizzled. At least I got over 30 for the week.

Great pics today! Metalman, your pic reminded me that I haven't been up Mt Whitney for about ten years. I'll try to hit it this summer; it's 14,500', but the trailhead is at 8300' so it's not too bad. 6100' gain in 11 miles, but it's steady unlike the Grand Canyon where the 4000' in 9 miles does the lion's share in just 5 miles of trail.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying