Masters Running

The Daily Friday Daily, 3.31.17 (Read 31 times)

I've been pretty careful about my diet since I can't do any exercising.  And while the scale hasn't gone up, I can feel myself turning into a soft blob.  It's probably just all mental anguish . . . which I have a tendency to want to sooth with popcorn drizzled with melted butter and brown sugar and sprinkled with brewers yeast.  Oh yeah, baby!!  I'm like a pig in slop with that stuff.

Our medical availability here is so limited.  We get good doctors, then either they or their families  can't take the isolation or they get overworked because they're so good and they leave the area for greener pastures.  It sucks.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie, I also think that might be reaching for a diagnosis, but it'll be interesting to see what your NP says. I do find it amazing how in our health care situation, you have to bounce from one provider to another for weeks or months and it seems there isn't a holistic manner of diagnosis or treatment. Other than, don't run and don't gain weight. Gee, thanks.

+1  And I hope they don't make you go bankrupt in copays as they bounce you from one to another and continue to NOT fix the problem, or even actually identify it.  How frustrating this must be for you!  I for one am hoping that rest and ibu will make it suddenly clear up, regardless.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

which I have a tendency to want to sooth with popcorn drizzled with melted butter and brown sugar and sprinkled with brewers yeast.  

I think my butt just got bigger reading that....what is brewer's yeast, though?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

dg.

see, this is why I have to over post every day, ....   I just read the last couple of days (for the second time) but I still can't remember what I wanted to comment on.    will gallantly make an attempt...

CRS.... I can't remember either.    but I'll blame Doug.     - )

Oops...  Tramps (not Jay) thanks for the book report.    
          re your animals... I've always known that I really like TriBee!

the Quebec marathon looks well worth considering.

Jay...   glad your cat scan was at least efficient.  I hope all is well!!    you'll have to let me know how your poke salad turns out.. I gave up after boiling it twice...

happy belated birthday Deez!!!

Erika I loved your cat tales.

I don't know how you manage to head out on the slushy icy stuff.   I've fallen too many times...   and on dry pavement.   -)

gotta say, reading you feeling slow just slays me.   just saying.   I do understand that it's all relative...

also...   this new being careful about injury things... (sure this isn't a Fake Erika?  ; ))    I seriously think it's great, & will try to emulate.

Leslie I hope you get answers soon!

tw I'm impressed.   (by the boots.  maybe not quite so much by the fly fishing....)

and... thanks.  I am trying to be , well, less stoopid.   am coming back from a lot of things, again...  kind of systemically wiped out.   perhaps your words will help me not feel I have to meet some artificially imposed standard... though I get paid a lot more when I overdo.

well,  out of my last 4 fairly major setbacks, only one was an overuse injury!   that seems like progress somehow...

RunnerKSA... I hope you enjoy your conference.   am duly impressed at your heading out in an unknown place in the dark, headlight or not... maybe the wine helped?  ; ).      love all your animals,      you made me smile.

well since I'm going on & on, will mention that I do finally have a cat  (lost my last dog & 2 cats over one winter a few years ago).  Her name is Gracie... as in 'say goodnight, Gracie...'   My daughter saw her at the humane society, called & said that she knew I wasn't ready but that I should go see this one, just because.  may be the sweetest cat I've ever had.    i keep wanting to get her a cat to play with,... or a dog,  I want one so much.   but this just isn't the time. 

Holly,  I am tempted to post a selfie of myself after every run, but I am doing my best to fight it.   
          (many of you might realize that that is a joke  

5 of the carpiest miles (but dry, & not much wind ... )   I've had in quite a while this morning on the gym track.  wanted 6,   they were a little faster than usual for me, but I'm still not sure why they were so miserable.    weights & stability ball stuff afterward.

good luck everyone whose racing this weekend!

eta.   just discovered that smilies show up in the most unexpected places!  maybe to try twocat's suggestion....

mmmm, popcorn....

evanflein

this new being careful about injury things... (sure this isn't a Fake Erika?  ; ))    I seriously think it's great, & will try to emulate.

Ha, well dear dg., I used to bounce back so quickly from injuries, it never really was an issue. Take a few days off and good to go. Last summer was my first real brush with the fallibility of my stoopid foot. And in February my other foot wanted to get in on the action. I lost so many days and miles last summer, and now coming off this issue already several hundred miles behind where I wanted to be and it's only March, I just don't want to take the chances. So it's been slow and steady with lots of caution.

And I love the name Gracie for a cat. We named Emma after Emma Stone, although I'm not sure Emma Stone would be very happy hearing we named an over-bearing alpha-type torby after her...

Ok, it's actually 43° out there and it looks wet and sloppy! Can't wait to get out and run a few! Will just have to watch out for spray from cars since I'll probably be on the road shoulders. The paths are super slick and won't be clear for a couple more days I bet.

fatozzig best of luck with all the doctors and getting better. Just be wary of getting a false positive as you go from doctor-to-doctor.

coastwalker I take it after the scan you did not bring the cat home. If there is one thing a cat hates it is another cat! Not even a scan of a cat. 

evanflein same thing for me, a lot of days others think of as a holiday are ignored by my university. Presidents day? Nope. Good Friday? Nope. Veterans Day? Nope. Then again my hours are otherwise pretty flexible so I cannot complain.

Breaking news . . . Knowing how to read a 10 day forecast pays off! Yes, it was pouring today. It is supposed to pour tomorrow. Do I care? Nope! I ran yesterday given the weather report. I plan to run a HM Sunday, when it is supposed to clear up so no running tomorrow. You have to love it when a plan comes together! Yes, I did watch the A-Team as a youth.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Another quick pop in before heading to bed...yes...I have to go to work in the morning.  I ran 10 miles.  I feel like I have to post every day, now, so I can make Jay's list.

I wish I had more time.  I wanted to ask you guys if you have dreams about running...and getting lost in races...I have them all the time and they drive me nuts.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Thanks for your comments about being careful going to from doc to doc.  I'm just so very tired of not being able to sit normally.  *sigh*

Holly - Brewers yeast is also called nutritional yeast.  I get it in the bulk foods section at our local grocery story and most natural food stores will have it as well.  It's yellow and flaky - small flakes.  Has a bit of a nutty flavor.  All but one of my cats likes it, too.  Supposedly it helps combat fleas.  They just think of it as extra good seasoning on their food.  When we had our old guy, Fatso, he refused to eat without it. 

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

5.3 miles of hills tonight. I'm determined to get back in hill shape, but I've got a long way to go. Too much treadmill time and pool running I guess. Today's run was in wonderful mild temps with warm sunshine. Finally!