Masters Running

Wednesdaily, 12.12.18 (Read 40 times)

An easy 4 for me today. Weather man is calling for a possibility of snow tomorrow or it could be rain, he said it depends on the temps! Hmmm!

Go figure, either way the commute to and from Austin tomorrow promises to be interesting.

Happy running all!

tet-  love the bear slippers!

1.3 treadmill miles after work.    I am exhausted and had, possibly, the craziest customer yet somehow get through to me late this afternoon from one of our Arizona stores.  She can't give me her name or phone number because she is in the "address protection" program, but she says she paid for some hay in November with a bunch of coins (no bills) and inadvertently used her rare coins which are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.  She wants them back because she knows someone at our store knew they were rare coins and took them.  Yeah- OK.  So.....wasting a lot of people's time following up on this one.....     She won't actually come IN the store (she told me she is disabled, but the store says she is not at all disabled but claims to have allergies) and does the payment at her truck and then our store folks bring out her hay or whatever. and the receipt.   Tis the season.....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I missed posting Tuesday: 5.5

Today: hard day

5.1 total, 1k warmup then 3k in 13:02, jogged the rest of the way. It was supposed to be 5k tempo at 4:30/k, but I didn't look at my watch and went out faster than I thought so it became 3k at 4:20/k. Same dif, really.

since I can post pics now, obligatory dog pic from a few months ago.

Image may contain: one or more people, people sleeping, people sitting and indoor

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Holly, maybe try the bouncy Nike VaporFly's.

<<<($260)>>>

Well worth it, though, for more that $1,000,000

Eluid Kipchoge has received for his world record

2:01:39 in Berlin (9/2018) on top of his Nike Break

2 2:00:25 time trial in Italy in 2017, . . .

and worth ~$880,000 each to two Japanese runners

who both bested the country's national best

(2:06:16 from Chicago 2002) at this year's

Tokyo Marathon (2:06:11) and, again, Chicago (2:05:50 / 3rd place)

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/nike-vaporfly-4-percent-world-record/
          www.runnersworld.com/news/a20854533/so-close-kipchoge-runs-a-2-00-25-in-the-breaking2-attempt/

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Joe618

tet-  love the bear slippers!

1.3 treadmill miles after work.    I am exhausted and had, possibly, the craziest customer yet somehow get through to me late this afternoon from one of our Arizona stores.  She can't give me her name or phone number because she is in the "address protection" program, but she says she paid for some hay in November with a bunch of coins (no bills) and inadvertently used her rare coins which are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.  She wants them back because she knows someone at our store knew they were rare coins and took them.  Yeah- OK.  So.....wasting a lot of people's time following up on this one.....     She won't actually come IN the store (she told me she is disabled, but the store says she is not at all disabled but claims to have allergies) and does the payment at her truck and then our store folks bring out her hay or whatever. and the receipt.   Tis the season.....

Look for those 1942 Philadephia mint quarters...they are worth, like 26c or so now.   Hang in there....oy.

Feel like I missed a chance today...temps in the mid 40s this afternoon and I had so much going on at work and obligations this evening, I missed running in it.   Will be out in the morning, though.    And there is snow in Texas...oh my.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, pre-work (so pre-sunup) 5+ for me this morning.  9 minute pace.  Upper 20s and foggy.  Potluck went well and I didn't bring home any of the pulled pork.

Catching up on some work, have a greta night everyone!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

This time of year sure is busy.

I ran 10 miles -- 7 at tempo pace.

That's it--gotta go.  See ya!