Masters Running

Watchless Wednesday (Read 44 times)

spacityrunner

Carolyn...hugs to you and yours and welcome back.  

No exciting stories here and no psychobilly either.  Rather mundane but pleasant walk with friends along the balboa spillway trail.  3 miles, one hourish, then breakfast out after.  Already too hot and humid (80f/100%) for me and we started at 8 a.m.  We are under an extreme heat advisory.  Geeze..Barry had us at 70f yesterday.  What a difference a day makes.

Speaking of Barry, my area got very little rain.  Not even enough to send my lake over the spillway.  Just south of here they got creamed!  9-12" of rain overnight   Flash flooding everywhere...

On a brighter note, it was announced in the news yesterday that Trader Joe's has pulled the permits to remodel the vacant Toys 'r Us store in Little Rock...oh be still my beating heart!!!!

Trails Rock!

TammyinGP

Carolyn, I'm sorry to hear of your MIL's passing, but glad you both got to be there for her in her final days. I hope that brings your DH comfort.  It's always difficult to lose a loved one, even when you know it's happening soon. 

TJ's in Little Rock! yay Liz! 

Had a nice bday celebration for DH yesterday. David had the afternoon/evening off work, so he got to join us for dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant. And I had an album made of our Maui pics so DH enjoyed his new picture book. 

May run a few miles tonight if my board meeting does not go on too long.

Tammy

...40-min x-bike at Y....

will try

the Rest Day tomorrow

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Hi-Dee Ho, Friends ~

I'm sill alive and kicking. Had a TON of fun volunteering at Mt Hood 50/50 this past weekend. A TON of work also. We got up there around 10:00 Friday and worked til about 2:30 setti gap, then up working the merchandise tent at 4:45 on Saturday then in the kitchen from about 7:00 to 3:00 then back to merch and clean up until about 8:00. Sunday started at 6:00 at merch, and then back to the kitchen until about 3:00, then the 2-hr drive home. Very tiring. The Hub and I spent Monday together, then yesterday he left to go north to visit his sister and I started my Annual Goodwill Shopping Extravaganza. It's really the only reason I come up here every year. 😜😜

I finally got in a workout yesterday with a 45 min walk and this a.m. about 30 min of core/ST.

I'm not going to go back and try to catch up on the past 6 days of events here, but I hope everyone is doing well.

Now I need to get showered and get going south to the Oregon Gardens in Silverton.

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy all!!  HHH here too -- my closest weather station on Weather Underground says we're at 102, but I think it's always a little overdramatic.  The next closes one has us at 95, with a "feels like" of 106.

I think I will bag my walk for today.

Yoga done, however, and I biked in this morning, so I must bike back out this afternoon.

My work ALWAYS involves solving complicated problems, and often involves going to war.

Latest battle:  Needed a quote for a PM of an instrument.  Got one back, double last year's price.

Asked why price doubled.  No reply for two weeks.

Furiously demanded a reply, attaching last year's quotes as well as the year before.  Both about half the current quote.

Received a reply saying "Sorry for the delay, we had some IT issues, here's a new quote."  For about the same price as last year.

The next day, received another quote that's even higher than the first one.

Furiously replied, again, saying that no one had answered my question of exactly why the price doubled, and now I want to know why this new quote is more than double the one I got two days ago.

Got a reply back.  "Oops.  Go with that one."  I still don't know why the price doubled.

I get awfully tired of doing battle sometimes.  Why can't it just be straightforward?  It's not like the prices for the parts have changed that much.  So either they're trying to gouge me on the labor, or they're just trying to gouge me in general and not tell me why or how.  Because the new, pricier quotes aren't itemized any more either. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Joe618

Got a reply back.  "Oops.  Go with that one."  I still don't know why the price doubled.

I get awfully tired of doing battle sometimes.  Why can't it just be straightforward?  It's not like the prices for the parts have changed that much.  So either they're trying to gouge me on the labor, or they're just trying to gouge me in general and not tell me why or how.  Because the new, pricier quotes aren't itemized any more either. 

I can tell you, Hopes, they likely don't know why the price doubled either.    I'd guess they a) don't have a system for making quotes  b) have a new person doing quotes vs the person doing it a year ago  c) didn't go back to review a year ago's quote or d) had a new manager wanting to increase revenue, figuring academics wouldn't go back and look either.   Or a combination of these.

Fundamentally, it is a) .    No system or standard work.   And it's a vital function for suppliers. 

My "war" today was our telephone supplier cutting off our phones without warning.   When we called in (on personal cell phones...our phones wouldn't work...) they said we didn't pay our bill.   When our accountant walked them through each and every wire transfer paid on time, they said "Oops, we credited that payment to a different account.   Sorry!   Your phones will be back on in two hours."   Two hours?   Why two hours?    And that was at 9:30am today.   It's 4pm and they are still not on.   We're already shopping for a new phone supplier. 

See problem a) above :-)

And, hey, while it's a pain, it's just business, not life and death. 

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Singer who runs a smidge

And, hey, while it's a pain, it's just business, not life and death. 

I need to keep reminding myself of this.  I tend to get a little wrapped around the axle ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

mrrun

((Wildchild and family))

good luck Paul!

jlynne - you're just a kid and a lot faster then me - I'm jealous!

good luck Joe fighting with the phone peeps

BTY - can't imagine your swims

White Mountains just turned hot.  Swam this am with Henry's DS and GD in lake - she lasted longer then we wanted, followed by quick lunch and sorbet.  They have left and the place is very quiet - good and bad!

hiking tomorrow, then probably home Friday before the real heat comes

marj

I ran today!

3 @ 7:56

I was able to sneak out of the theater for a few hours (heading back soon) because I can't do anything with 40 actors all over the stage, anyway.  Got in a run, first since the 12hr race 10 days ago, and took the boy for a haircut.

Speaking of large animals at 04:00; at the end of the month I'm meeting some friends at a place up by Dodge Ridge in CA for a "camping trip". We've been going there for about 15 years, a couple of them eventually had a TV show on Animal Planet (Finding Bigfoot). This location never fails to produce Bigfoot associated stuff; screams, knocks, hoots, eye shine, tracks, camp visits, rock/stick throwing, tent slapping, and a few thermal sightings. I've long since become Bigfoot Agnostic, but it's a fun excuse to go camping in a beautiful and remote spot with old friends, but not TOO remote, it's only a half hour drive into Strawberry to get beer and ice, and to get cell service to check messages.

Psychobilly; I haven't listed to The Cramps in a long time, I guess  need to break that out.

Image result for the cramps

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, fairly quick post.  Got up to run this morning and made it about .1 mile before realizing that running later might be better.  I was right....and wrong.  So at lunch I went for a 6+ mile run in the dreaded HHH.  And I took the route by the Alabama River (and the on base minimum security Federal prison) which meant extra humidity....and shade....on the unpaved section.  Not a horrible run, not a great one.

Joe, so when you come to Alabama let me know.  If you want to see a pretty robust standard work system you should see our technical order system for aircraft (and equipment) maintenance.

Have a greta night everyone!

SteveP

Latest battle:  Needed a quote for a PM of an instrument.  Got one back, double last year's price.

Asked why price doubled.  No reply for two weeks.

Furiously demanded a reply, attaching last year's quotes as well as the year before.  Both about half the current quote.

Received a reply saying "Sorry for the delay, we had some IT issues, here's a new quote."  For about the same price as last year.

The next day, received another quote that's even higher than the first one.

Furiously replied, again, saying that no one had answered my question of exactly why the price doubled, and now I want to know why this new quote is more than double the one I got two days ago.

I went through something similar with a life insurance policy for myself. I got a good $$ quote. I wanted to read the policy and the response was that the policy is straight forward with really nothing interesting. I said I have trust issues and wanted to read it, especially with exclusions buried in fine print.

All that was left was that I sign documents and provide automatic withdrawal. I asked to see the rate again and it mysteriously went up 80%.

Surly Bill- We've had a "Class A" Bigfoot sighting 2 miles from our house.

My favorite Psychobilly band is Batmobile.

SteveP