Masters Running

40s+ On the Run - Time Marches On (W/E 03/01/09) (Read 285 times)

jfa

Hi All! Slow 5.1m at lunch today. Too many hills lately has got my legs a bit tired. Good Luck to Carol and Ev this weekend!!! Go gettem' kids!!!!!

flatland mountaineer

I won't be around the net much tommorow soooo GO Carol and EV.... have fun!!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Ran 2 yesterday. Last half mile was miserable. Knee really hurting even after all of this down time. Getting a little nervous that maybe something worse than the IT band is the culprit. That's all I've done is rest it so you'd think it would be on the mend by now. Oh well.... Good luck to our weekend racers Ev and Carol.....Have a super memorable experience. Jewels
        But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

Ultrachick

Hey Everyone! Remember me? The skiing has been great!!!! I'm way too busy and unfortunately chatting with you all had to be put aside. Sorry but I didn't read all of this weeks news except I see that I missed Leslie's birthday-Happy Birthday! Looks like you're slowly coming back. Otherwise, I was a temp call center person at VT Teddy Bear for V-Day-I somehow made it through. Then was the Pres week holiday so I put in some extra time teaching skiing which cut into my miles-Joe you're way ahead of me now! My kids were on vacation this week so I took some time to be with them. We had plans to go away for a couple days but those fell apart at the last minute. We made a day trip to Killington and had a fabulous time-blue sky, perfect snow and Burton built a park called the Stash where all the hits, rails etc are natural. Northstar at Tahoe has one also. Sadly I kept both of my feet on the ground but Jack and my son caught some air. I didn't catch any air in the Superpipe either-that made me sick to my stomach by the time I was through. I start my new personal training job on Monday and I'm barely putting in enough time to do well at Anatomy & Physiology. Kid issues have been consuming between grades, sports and helping around the house and Jack wants my attention too every once in a while. Phew! So thanks for still being here-good luck at any races. There's a half marathon in March I've done before but my hammie is still bothering me. I've done some yoga which helped but I haven't been consistent at it to get some real results. I'll try to pop in more often-Kelly
          If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
            Kelly! We've been missin' ya, girlfriend. We realize that in the end we get put on the back burner of your ever spinning life, but honestly, we're okay with it . . . for now. Evil grin Wink Good luck to Ev and Carol this weekend. You guys are gonna do great! Pics and fashion reports - don't forget. Jewels - Maybe you should be staying off the knee with regard to running until you find out what's going on. I would hate for you to be causing further damage. Can you walk okay? Do the elliptical? Stationary bike? Stair climber? All those will help keep your cardio up. Joe - A lunch time run means the Budster don't get to go? Poor doggy! Sad We're having a good time here in Concord. Unfortunately, we found the JC Penny's, and even more unfortunately, they are having some good sales. My pocketbook took a beating these last two days. Black eye But hey, kinda hard to turn down $40 pants that are now in sale for $4.97! Why? Beats the heck outta me, so I bought myself 3 pairs. And found a nice gray suit jacket that looks perfectly fine for $10. Same jacket in a different part of the store was $35. Go figure. Tomorrow my seminar is at 4:00. The title of the program is: "Accounting: Charges? Credits? Migraine? Martini?" So my two buddies are gonna help me, and everyone who preregistered for the glass is getting served a martini with an olive, a cute purple cocktail napkin w/a martini glass on the front, and an ibuprofen. Big grin Should be a hoot! They'll have to hide themselves in the conference room so the hotel people don't see them pouring drinks or they'll have a cow. Did 4 miles on the treadmill today in about 45:40. Kept it slow, and moved the incline up and down between 1% and 2%. Felt really good afterward. I think I'm definitely ready for a new workout program, and hopefully, by the time I get back home this weekend, my coach will have prepared and sent me one. Hope the rest of our weekend goes fantabulous!!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

kelly who ? just teasing! apres ski @ copper as I type hang in there!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Ultrachick

kelly who ? just teasing! apres ski @ copper as I type hang in there!
                My kids are not perfoming well enough for me to justify the trip should they even make it. School is a struggle and the passion to practice is not there. Did my ticket get lost in the mail? Big grin
                If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.