Masters Running

Monday Monday - Can't Trust That Day Runs (Read 476 times)

There was some nice racing over the weekend for which I didn't catch race reports.  Good job to ribs (right on McMillan prediction and AG award),perch,  PBJ, CNY (1st master), WRFB (BQ), PDR (BQ), and teresa.

Mariposai, I'm sorry to hear about your job and hope that a better one shows up soon.  Why am I not surprised that you have such a good attitude about it?  Walt, great post yesterday. 

Nice long runs for holly, bike, perch, Tramps, Walt, buehrle, dg, evan, and Seattle Paul.

This morning it was in the high 40s and there was a light wind.  I got in 12 miles in a little over 2 hours for a 10:02 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Such impressive running from many of you over the weekend.  I am sooooo impressed, and inspired.   Congratulations!

I am trying to get Econo's 16 yr. old son to run with me in the Eugene Monster Mash on the 24th.  He is mildly interested because of the promised  lunch afterwards. 

My DH and I  have done some work in the woods lately, opening up some new trails for walking/running.  Fun! Otherwise, most of my real runs have been in town on the roads and bike trails. 

Mariposi, come on down!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Head west until he runs into India.

It didn't really work out for him.

I'm definitely not running on all cylinders today as I had to read this a couple of times before the "aha" moment!  Smile

I was without internet ALL weekend.   Saturday I was out for 5 miles.  It started out as a sunny run, then a light mist and then full fledged rainfall for 2 miles.   I was soaked and cold.   Yesterday was cool and windy and I only had time for 6 miles before having to check the kiln, then back out for 1.5 - total of 7.5.    I was really cold when I went back out.   Later in the day the front of my shin starting hurting a LOT.     I did some stretches inbetween the two runs and I wonder if that had anything to do with it.   Anyway after a painful afternoon and evening it feels fine today.    I might go for a run tonight as tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and windy. 

Happy Monday ..... off to the race reports now.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

TammyinGP

I am so pathetically behind in the going's on of RA world. I had an impromptu 3 day wknd when DS caught a short bout with the flu on Thursday afternoon.  I do know however that there was lots of great racing and a few BQ's in the bag from this past weekend! congratulations to all!

I, on the other hand, had one of the laziest weekends I've had in a long time. No running, except for a quick little 3 miler with the dogs on Friday afternoon. It was a chilly and soupy weekend in So. Oregon, so I pretty much stayed in - working on some family scrapbook albums, baked, cleaned, watched entirely too much football and slept alot.

But time to get cracking on running to try and undo the damage that caramel apple pie did yesterday. So my goal this week is to try and hit 25 miles (yeah, that's a big goal for me right now! LOL )

oh, and before I forget . . . GO VIKINGS!

Tammy

Mariposai

Ma Econo, I would love to go to visit with you, but the timing is not right. We do plan to be down there for Thanksgiving.

3 miles this early morning...then I needed some spices for dinner tonight so I ran one mile to and from the health food store. I guess that makes 5 miles for the day

Thank you all for your love and support. Thanks for the phone calls and emails. You guys are awesome.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai I have not been following the daily too closely the last week or so and just saw your post about your division being eliminated.  As you wrote this is the start of a new chapter in your life, and one that I hope is even better than the last.  You are an observant and talented woman and I am sure you will land on your feet and then some.  Hopefully, I will see you when you reach New York for the marathon and hear about all that is going on.

I did see Spareribs' AG award finish.  Personally, I think it is due to his have one of those fancy augmented hearts while the other slobs, like me for instance, have to compete with these old fashioned types!  I am going to write the USTAF and demand they look into this!    Congratulations Ribs very well done.

PBJ nice long run.  Too bad it was not official like in a race or something as you did it in a pretty good time!

rochrunner good long tempo run at HM pace!

WRFB nice job on the marathon!  Great last set of splits!  Oh yea and a BQ too!

predawnrunner  congratulations on your BQ run as well!

dg. I believe BQ pace is about 5:20/mile.  You will need to speed things up a bit.    Nice workout.

Teresadfp getting the medal from you friend must have been good for 10 full psychic minutes or so!  Congratulations on your HM.

CNYrunner after that performance you get to sleep in a bit!

Not much for me to report.  My DW ran 7 miles yesterday.  Glad to see she is keeping up her miles even absent a scheduled HM for her at the moment.  On the cooking front sugar pumpkins are out!  My very favorite soup of the year uses them so I am pretty happy to have had a chance to make it, actually two batches so far!  Both great.  The recipe combines the pumpkin with andouille sausage, pecan praline liquor and brown sugar.  The hot and sweet together are just fantastic!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai - My thoughts are with you, as well, as you start this new chapter.  You have such a wonderful attitude, there is no doubt you will land quite firmly on your feet.

I extended my sluggishness to this a.m. since it's an official rest day.  And hey, who am I to argue with Coach's schedule?  "IT" all begins tomorrow, though, as everything I do from this point on will be in preparation for that pesky April run.  When I break down the entire schedule into preparation for upcoming races, though, it doesn't seem as daunting.  We'll see!

Have a great week.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

The recipe combines the pumpkin with andouille sausage, pecan praline liquor and brown sugar.  The hot and sweet together are just fantastic!

(mmmm...)

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposi,

Good luck to you.  It will be interesring to see what butterfly comes from this cacoon that you are temporarly in.

Twocat,

The Pumkin soup sounds good.

Mary,

be carefull with the shin thing.

Brett Farve,

is still the man but being a  Detroit Tigers fan I have to hate Minnasota at least for one more day.

Well the good news is I ran Saturday before Michigan State beat Michigan . The bad news is the celebration lasted way to long after the game and Sundays run went by the wayside.

I did get back at it today another 3 mile run and hopefully 20 by weeks end. Everything seems fine but I promised the Dr. I would take it slow for awhile so thats what I will do. No hurry I guess .

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

No rest for the wicked or the weary! I was on plane to Baltimore this morning at 7:45 am---triple H day---heels, hose and hairspray---okay, not so much on the hairspray. Back just a couple hours ago. Legs are tired but not at all sore and I went on a gentle two mile trot under darkening skies. Waiting for my guys to get home from hockey and will try and catch up here tonight and post my race report.

Looks like there's lots of great reading to ahead!

Today's the first day I've felt well enough to even scan the daily since I got walloped with the flu last weekend.  Three days on the sofa, dragged myself to school last Tuesday, then three more sick days followed by a pretty lazy weekend.  By Thursday it had turned into bronchitis, and I'd been running a fever for 6 days straight.  I haven't been down and out for that long in ages.

Decided to not even try to run today, but probably will give it a shot tomorrow.  Just need to get moving again.

Sounds like I missed lots o' races this weekend - need to go back and check up on what you all have been up to.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

SteveP

Hey.

Would someone tell me the plan for Columbus?  Is there a secret meeting place like behind the broken rusty swing set?

(Old reference to the 2007 VCM)

I bet there's candy involved too.

1.5 with DW and Tag.

SteveP

spacityrunner

4 miles in 48 on a beautiful evening.  run was over before the last of the harvest moon had risen...drats..

nice running and racing everyone

Good runs and good evening

Trails Rock!

dg.

Twocat.... thanks.  and thanks for the tip!!   5:20.  ooookay.

just a couple of quick catch up things...

Stevep...thanks for your comments a few days ago. that was sweet.     how are you???  I'm so glad you're (at least basically) ok & ... um, normal.    that was so scary.  what a weird combination of events. 

TomS... nice run you had but you don't have to feel guilty for your TM run!   For one thing, it was my turn.  remember, for months & months, except for the weekends, I ran on an indoor track...   which, while having it's own pita aspects,, and for me, hazards, at least kept me out of the elements.  ... & really nice LR today!

Liz, how goes your tofu quest?   I think the best is China Rose but I don't know where it's available.  I could send you some.  Smile

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Karin--two miles in heels, even slowly, the day after a spectacular marathon?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.