Masters Running

Love (not snow) is In The Air 2/14/19 (Read 43 times)

bioguy

6.5 this afternoon; wasn't firing on all cylinders. My heart rate went high and I felt like my pace was a struggle so called it early.

dnaff

Beautiful wedding photo Starr runner.  I'm retired so running at noon is no problem.  This time of year it makes sense to wait for the temps to peak before I head out.     In my working days though I managed to swim or run on my lunch hour.  Wet hair or the scent of a baby-wipe bath were pretty common in my office in the afternoon.

Starr- love the picture!  I was quite surprised that everyone stood for the whole concert.  I had not experienced that before.

Here's a picture from the concert.  Ken doesn't really have scary green eyes....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Joe618

Rockin' out, Karen...look at you two.

Starr, that's an awesome wedding photo.    We got married the summer before you.   Same tux and wedding dress styles...oy.

I actually asked DW to marry me on Valentine's Day in 1975.   {That was a Friday.   Which explains why, the next year, Starr could get married on a (what I presume was your preference) Saturday.}  44 years ago today.   She and I laughed so hard this morning about that evening.   In some ways, still seems vivid but in most other ways that seems a totally different lifetime ago.    Totally happy it worked out so well and so long.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Marathon Maniac #957

Starr - you were a beautiful bride!  Your DH was okay, too...

KSA - glad to know your DH is not actually a demon...

Montgomery County (my county) had a huge water crisis today.  Apparently one of the primary water mains was leaking but no one initially noticed it because it was pouring into the Great Miami River, which is already at high flood state.  The noticed a drop in water pressure late yesterday afternoon, but it took crews into 2am to locate the actual break.  Millions of gallons of water were lost.  Today all of the schools were closed and many public buildings, because everyone was on a boil advisory (EPA regulations or some such).  My house was not affected, because we get our water from our small city, not the county, but some of the schools in our district were affected, so schools were closed.

Anyway, the YMCA was open, although the water fountains had out-of-order signs on them, so I went swimming - 50 times across the pool with 2-3 second breaks at each end (1250 yards).  The water was a bit cold, probably because they could not pump in warm water, but it was okay.  I tried my new Pyle Waterproof MP3 player and found that listening to music as I did laps was much more enjoyable.  For those who pool-run, you may want to consider these.  https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Player-Swim-Headphone-Built/dp/B015R34PHS

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

spacityrunner

Another beautiful weather day here so I went and did me some miles around the neighborhood.  2 of them 

Trails Rock!

Holly- the waterproof MP3 player would be a great help for pool boredom.  I used to do a lot of swimming, but at this point in life I can't do it all, so that went by the wayside.  I was on a great Master's team in Dallas.

2.2 treadmill miles for a 4.2 mile day.  Now- off to Waffle House.  Maybe a small glass of wine before we head out. 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

StarrRuns happy anniversary!

Joe618 happy sort of anniversary!

I ran 1.5 miles today per instructions. During PT later in the day I was given the go ahead to run 2 miles this weekend! Wahoo up to my first even number.  Oh well, it is more than yesterday.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

An even 8 @ 8:16. I exceeded the "45:00 run" prescribed by the training plan.

I think tomorrow's workout will also be modified: "20:00 at goal 5k pace +:30 per mile". So basically almost 2.75 miles/4.5k at my date 5k pace? On week 1 of  a 10 week plan? Maybe I'll do 10-15 minutes at 7:00 instead, or 2x 10 minutes. If the weather permits it.

Congrats on the mileage Twocat!

here's a Dick pic for valentines day:

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, happy Valentine's day.  I managed a nice 7 miles this morning.  Several at a pretty good clip.  Overall pace was 7:56/mile.  After work I went by the Y to ride the bike, test the sound system, etc.  I also had gone on line and downloaded a manual for the rider cycle computer.  The default doesn't show the "gear" you're in....but the instructor bike does now (will see if anyone notices...).  So I think I'm pretty much ready.  Need to build a couple more profiles built though.

Starr, Happy Anniversary!

Coast (and Steve), of course lost posts go to the cloud....

Have a greta night everyone!

wildchild

Carolyn

Starr, nice to see you posting, and happy anniversary!  You do look like a child bride - beautiful!

When I got up this morning there was no hot water, so I checked the boiler and the pilot light was out.  This also means I had no heat, since the boiler runs both the hot water heater and the radiant floor heat.  I relit the pilot, and it's fine.  I have no idea why it went out - it's been trouble free for years.  Anyway, the water was nice and hot when I showered after my run!

I ran 10.5 trail miles in Golden Gate Canyon State Park on my favorite trail, just to see what the conditions were like.  There was a bit of everything - runnable snow, deep snow where I was post holing, ice, mud, and dry dirt.  Challenging, but I loved it!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I did 8 more miles on the treadmill then went to dinner with my Valentine.  It was very romantic...beer and burgers.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks steve.

don't worry.

I only X-T'ed with the frosties.

Happy Valentine's Day from the Woodland Park Zoo raccoon, . . . and me too.

Image result for woodland park zoo racoon valentine day

All day meeting today and tomorrow.
                            Heavy rains now marking the end of our ten days of winter.

With all 14 Frosties’ heads pretty much melted down,

I salvaged as much of the midsections and base

as possible for the snow fort, . . . I hope.

After “discovering” Cool-Running during a search for any other barefoot runners to join me in the 2002 San Diego (now Carlsbad) Marathon, I found famed Running Barefoot Guru KenBob Saxton somewhere else just in time for the SDM to be the first, we think, with two barefoot finishers.  

A couple of years later, after seeing a CR post

by someone handled Aamos wondering

about her upcoming first Seattle Marathon.

I joined in, . . . and met Divechief Dave

for even more fun.  

Dave59’s photoless but forever indelible sunrise reminds me of one of my own no-photo memories when Amy was weaving her way through and past five-or-six, super-macho, 6-foot+ guys coming towards me out of Seward Park at mile 15 of the Seattle Marathon as I was heading into the park at my mile 11.  Even if I’d had a camera Amy was running too fast to do anything but yell out, “good job, Amy” as she passed them.  It’s still like yesterday.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

I miss Amy! I remember during the Green Bay Marathon, at about mile 18 or so, she came up behind me and swatted me on my butt as she went by, saying, "Let's Go!" as she trotted off. My feet were hurting from the concrete already by that time, but it was awesome to see her run off.  That was such a fun trip. Thinking about that makes me miss Jlynne more. (and Starr, and Holly!)

Love the Dick pic for Valentine's Day. Thanks, Surly Bill!

Starr, love that picture! You and Lon look like kids! Wow, 1976? I was a junior in high school.

Got home late tonight but still got on the TM for a run while DH tried his hand at the Instant Pot for dinner. Everything turned out well (run and dinner). 5.3 miles with 3 x .5 mile @ 8:00 and .3 mile recoveries at 8:34, 5.3 miles total in 45 minutes. Leg felt ok, better than the last two days. I'm thinking I'll be ok for my long run attempt on Saturday (moving it from Sunday due to weather forecast and social schedule). Time will tell.