Masters Running

Wednesday 8-29......Hump day (Read 409 times)

Ribs, Omega

The two science ones yesterday were easy, but I didn't get the pancake one.

TomWhite - Yeah!!!!!!!

I slept like crap again.  Note to self: do not drink diet coke RIGHT BEFORE BED.  What was I thinking?  I will try to run tonight.  I need 0.1 miles to hit 100 miles for the month again, I think I can manage that.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

(waving)  hi enke!

3 slow, sore-leg miles this morning.  (cranky old lady mode/) What I really need is a nap, not a run and a day at work.  (groan!) (cranky old lady mode)

TammyinGP

Mary, wouldn't it be nice if those were considered doubles? I do that often as I don't take both Bella and Bailey running with me at the same time (unless it's just trails on our property where they can run off leash), but if I'm taking them out in my neighborhood for a run, then I take one at a time - do about 2.5-3.0 with one, come home, switch dogs and run it again. I just count is as one run with about a 5 minute break in the middle.  Bella is pretty much going nuts right now as I haven't been able to take her running for over a week now. She had an interdigital cyst removed and has about 4 stitches in her foot. So, we need to try and keep her semi-inactive. which is impossible, and she's now walking with a slight limp because she still runs around in the yard and gets the zoomies at night which has aggravated the area. Tonight I need to clean it, apply ointment and rewrap it.

got in a good run yesterday, while David was at XC practice. Ran the same course they were running but I didn't get there until after they left, so as I was running out, they were starting to come back in. But 4 miles in 36 minutes, with an average pace of 9:02. I was surprised to see that pace because almost all my running lately is on the trails with hills, so I'm used to seeing an 11:00 pace.

had so much fun, I might just do it again today. 

after today I'm off work for the next 6 days. Have a few fun things planned and just a few days at home to get some things done. and then David starts school (7th grade) next Wednesday. summer went by too fast!

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

Quite a few early risers today, except Jay, who was a slacker. Wink   I got up at 5, and did an easy 6 miles before work on a beautiful morning on a beautiful trail.  I know, you guys must think all this beautiful trail running in the cool Colorado air would get boring, but I never get tired of it!

Hi Halllar!  Welcome back, and glad you're running again.

Nice pictures, Sarge!  Sounds like a fun trip.

Tramps, I'm really sorry we didn't get the chance to go trail running together.  I'd only kick your butt if you'd just gotten to altitude, but you'd been here a week!    You'd love my trails.

I don't have much trouble running with two dogs at once.  You just have to train them. Sometimes I just take Ladybug, because Tazzie can't run as far these days, but then Tazzie gives me that sad look when she gets left behind.  So usually I take them both for a short run, then drop them at home and go back out alone.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Slo

Hey Everyone

7 sluggish miles for me this morning.

Two busy work weeks ahead of me. Never enough play time.

I've now got the kids hooked on Masterpiece Mystery.  Am I the only one who puts the subtitles on to watch the PBS and BBC channel?

I know what you mean, Holly. We usually try to compensate just by turning up the sound -- never thought about subtitles.

Sarge, your Eastern Divide photo looks identical to mine taken in June. We went west to east and also had a lot more flats in the group.

Three outings since I posted on Monday: Ran 5.5 late Monday morning, not realizing that it was at about 100% humidity. Talk about a soaker! Then yesterday I did my usual group bike ride of 33 miles (the group seems to keep riding farther and faster as the season goes along). Yesterday a "youngster" of 51 showed up, and even though a couple of the guys are 25 years older than that, he ended up turning around at about the 10 mile mark.

Today I ran 6 in pretty good conditions with a couple of friends, then went out for a late breakfast.

I really need a full day off about now, but am committed to a bike ride with an old friend tomorrow. Maybe Friday.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

King of PhotoShop

Holly, we put the subtitles on in "Downton Abbey" and it made all the difference in the world.  Glad to see others do this.  Spareribs

According to DC Comics, Superman and what heroine are soon to be romantically involved?  That's for Avenger Doggie.

Spareribs

Avenger, I WONDER WhO he could MeAN.  I got in a 3-mile tempo run today, 6 miles total.

So nobody got the question about the watch named for a letter of the Greek alphabet?  That was especially for twocat.  

I can't believe I missed this Trivia question.  I would have gotten this one!  My mom bought my dad an Omega watch for his birthday long ago.  I think she paid something like $100 back then.  I've drooled over Omega watches ever since.  But I won't buy one because they cost waaaayyy too much.

Bill 

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

King of PhotoShop

How cool is the Fortunate One!  Riblet got this one right and he doesn't read comics, but he figured it was the best guess.  Well done FO!  Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Fortunate One - Hiyah!

Sarge - nice pics, and it does sound like a fun trip!

Ribs and Roch - I'm glad I'm not the only one.  It used to drive DS crazy when I would stop the DVR and rewind to hear the words again.  Now it's so much simpler and I think he appreciates it too.  Downton Abbey, heh?  Someone else mentioned that recently, but when I search our Guide I find no mention of it.  Darn.

6 easy-frisky miles for me this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Yea! for TomW's pain free workout!

I can understand about 1/8 of what they say on the British shows.  And that's if I pay really, really good attention.

Happy Birthday, Tag!!

The cats still refuse to go running with me.  Selfish, I know.

Speaking of miles, 4 EZ this a.m., followed by about 45 min of core/strength training whilst finishing up "Man in the Moon."  One of my all-time favorites.  No matter how many times I watch it, I always cry at the end.  If you've never seen it, it's a really sweet, coming-of-age movie with Reese Witherspoon (her first movie at age 14), Tess Harper, and Sam Waterston (one of my favorite actors).

My co-worker/good friend is taking me to see K.D. Lang tonight at the Van Duzer Theater, a small, intimate theater on the Humboldt State campus.  Should be a great time.  The only unfortunate part is it probably won't get over until 10:00 or later.  This means there's no way I'm getting up at 4:30 to run.  Which means I'll be doing my tempo run tomorrow after work.  Ugh! Dead

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Spareribs just got my first chance to post right about now!  But I probably would have guessed Timex.  What can I say?  [Editor:  Man you are dumber than rocks!  Timex is a Cyrillic letter!  Twocat:  Ah, maybe not . . .]

Today it was back to school day.  Classes all day.  Since I listened to my PT I did not run, elliptical or otherwise do anything involving extensive use of my ankle.  Well, unless pushing on a gas pedal to get to the office and home counts as ankle exercise.  Tomorrow if the ankle feels good out I go!  The weather here was gorgeous today and it is supposed to be just as nice tomorrow!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Happy birthday to Avenger Doggie .... what did you get for your birthday?

Dad got me a new stick!!!! Mom's mom and dad had a new dog come over and they gave her food a lot in the summer. She came back with puppies. They think she had four of them. I was very scared that I was going to get a puppy for my birthday. Honey is too much! One of the puppies they could not find and every one was sad about it. But we found out that it was in a neighbor's barn and he took it to the Dr and then gave it to his little daughter. Thank goodness! It was the one Mom named "Buster" and wanted to keep.  Mom's mom and dad kept a little black one and called her, "Shadow". She had a taste of ice cream at my party. She likes it! She is cute now, but will be dumb just like Honey. The mom dog and other puppies are in a foster home for dogs now. 

TomW. I want to go run run run on trails with you. Dad does not let me get deers.

Every one in the world knows it's Wonder Woman. She used to have a thing for Batman and Dad is making lots of noise in the house and saying bad words like when he works on the truck.

Poor Bella. Dad puts oinkment in my eyes because the Dr said I have a allergy. I know it's Honey that makes me cry all the time. 

Mom got me out for a couple of miles. We went to go get Honey and her mom too. I had to stay on the leash because it helps Mom go faster

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Marathon Maniac #3309

I was up and out at 4:25 AM.  I hope that's good enough to include me in the 4AM club ...

Planned on 25 miles on the Bike.  Unfortunately got another flat.  So obviously there is something going on with either my rim or the tire.  I'm going to have to check it out carefully, because when I checked last week everything seemed good.  Not.  Rather than risk another flat I did not change it.  Instead I walked it home 3+ miles - alternating walking barefoot and in my biking shoes.  Hope I didn't mess up my feet.

Bill

Bill....been there done that many times. Hate to say it, but you probably need a new tire to keep you from having more flats. I have had flats and checked my tire over and over and over, and still flat.

Been personally with some cycling friends having the same problem...they bought a new tire too.

Gotta make sure the tape around the inside of your wheel is good too, so a spoke is not poking through....but imagine you would have seen that

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!