Masters Running

Wednesday 4-24 Guess What Day It Is???? Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike (Read 41 times)

[[[marj]]]

==========

80's

.....65-min RC at soccerfields.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

dnaff

Marj - I am sorry to read of your brother's passing.  Take good care.

No chance at a prize last night at our club run but I ran my best of this season.  Ran with my husband so that made it even better.  Negative splits were unintended but pretty cool.   5 weeks left of the series; I need to begin thinking of what to do when it ends.  Time to set some new goals.

Joe618

Marj, so sorry to hear of your brother's passing.   My best to you all.   

Resting here till Saturday.

Denise, enjoy Italy!  We were there in 2008 for two weeks and the scenery is great and the food even better. 

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Singer who runs a smidge

Marj, so sorry about your brother!!

I am back from my week off, and wishing it was another week off!  Even though I didn't go anywhere, I did a lot of stuff and had a lovely time.  The house looks marginally better (neither DH nor I are particularly good housekeepers), I planted some freebie strawberry plants, my folks came to visit, and I made a cheesecake for my chorus Installation Dinner tomorrow, to install our new officers (which are the same folks as our old officers, so it should be pretty simple).

Now I'm back to the crazy that is work.  Turns out the world comes to a screeching halt if I'm not around, and I need to pick everything up, dust it off, and put it back in place.  Or something like that.

Biking and yoga both done!  My super-cute biking skort from REI worked very well indeed, so that was nice.  The shirt I got at the same time was ok, but sort of cheap-feeling.  Since I paid $0.44 for the both of them, guess it's ok if the shirt feels cheap.  Anyway, I told you that to tell you this:  biking is getting warm.  78 degrees on the way in, 90 now.  Whoosh!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

1.1 miles  on the work treadmill and then some weights before going to hear Ryan Hall speak at Fleet Feet.  Book signing, but I read the book on my iPad, so no physical book for me.   His little talk was good.  He seems very down to earth and honest.  Good turn out, too.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

BTY

So sorry to hear of your brother’s passing Marj.  

Swam tonight, lifted this morning, details would be boorish.

Falconfixer

Marj, my deepest condolences.  Praying for all of you.

Hey y'all, got up in time for an ok (considering how much I'd done the last few days) 6.55 mile run.  Minimal wind, temps in the mid-60s.  Legs were dead, but I expected that.  Fairly enjoyable as a recovery run.  No spin tonight, instead will update an older profile of a ride we did when I lived in Italy.  Includes a climb to the local ski resort....from the other side (it was about a 70 mile loop all told).

Deez (and Milktruck), the moped rental guy had a point.  I worked in the safety office.  I (and my team) was the munitions safety guy but we had ground and flight safety in the office and we had to be able to back stop each other).  Anyway, the Italians had an interesting philosophy.  They generally did not like adding safety devices (like traffic lights) that might prevent accidents....but they were absolutely outstanding at quickly clearing accident scenes.

Have a greta night everyone!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Very sorry to hear about your brother, Marj....you're in my prayers.

I had a tough run, tonight.  It was a total of 12 miles with 9 at tempo pace.  I was only able to complete 6 of the 9 tempo miles at the pace I was shooting for.  My legs were just shot and my mind wasn't into it.  I'll regroup and go after it again next week.

Okay--that's all I got.  Eric came over, so I'd better get back upstairs and visit.  See ya!

Oh, by the way, Erika--we must renew our subscription for RA around the same time...I just noticed the ads popping, yesterday.  I'll take care of it this weekend.

Joe618

Hey everyone, one quick wrap up.

Had a fun sporting evening that did not involve running!  The DH of a work colleague asked me if I could help coach the catchers on his 9-10 year old youth baseball team.   I spent my entire baseball life behind the plate and love catchers.   So spent an hour in individual instruction with the two kids who wanted to learn to catch.   What fun.  Both of the kids had a great attitude, were not afraid of the baseball and worked hard at learning to use the big heavy mitt and then learning to move with all the equipment on.   Great fun.   I'll help again and see how it goes.   I always tell kids, "if you can catch, you can always play"  because no one wants to ever catch. 

I'll be iffy posting over the weekend, as I head to MikeE's neck of the woods after work on Thursday.   DS#2 and family live in Lakeville, MN, not far from MikeE and SubDood.   GD#3 is 6 months old and will be baptized on Sunday, so will be there for that event.   May not post while I'm there, but will be back with you Tuesday.   Driving up and back, so quite a few miles to be done.   I'll wave at dnaff and AnneB as I loop around Chicago.

Rock your Thursday, all.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Safe travels Joe!  Sounds like quite a trip.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

10 min on the elliptical. I'm sure walking in to and then out of the gym in less than 15 min is impressive to someone. 

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

wow Leslie - you're a beast! 

4.4 miles at some local trails tonight.  About 11 days ago a little black french bulldog went missing in this trail area. it's a pretty hilly and expansive area and there have been some periodic sightings of the dog but nothing for the last couple days I think. I decided to run a few of the loops where this dog was sighted, just on the off chance I spotted her. so, that meant not paying as much attention to the ground like I normally do on trails and trying to look around more. Well, in doing that I noticed a small little wisp of smoke coming from behind a downed log off the trail about 3 ft.  I went to go inspect and saw a piece of notepad paper that was burned but still smoldering/smoking, so I dumped most of my water from my water bottle on it.  it was lying on a pile of very dry leaves/twigs. It may have gone out on its own, or it may have gained some momentum with the dried leaves. either way, I'm just disgusted/angered anyone would intentionally burn a piece of paper and then toss it off the trail.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

marj - tough if it's anyone but siblings

are of such concern as we get to this stage.

Hope he was at peace with his life

and you can be too.

So sorry.

1.5 miles - with some other things that might be going on, not sure how the weekend's going to work out but, if it does, Sunday's 50K'll be the first one since 2008 so I should be tapering as I never used to have any trouble doing but, with temps into the low sixties, I drove the five miles down to the end of the island to a the people part of a bridle park I've never been to at about mile 6 of last month's half marathon.  Since it wasn't known for the stairs I like at the nearer-by Hillside Park, I assumed it would be kind of lame but, even though no stairs, lots of traversing, including a deep enough ravine in the people to provide enough of a workout in only one-and-a-half miles that I shouldn't have any trouble tapering now for the next four days.

Falcon - that 70 mile loop up to the ski area and back down

sounds like something our italiana dea francesca

would run in her heyday.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

marj - tough if it's anyone but siblings

are of such concern as we get to this stage.

Hope he was at peace with his life

and you can be too.

So sorry.

Tammy - I think a lot of people owe you

a lot more than just thanks for being

Smokey the Bear and preventing

another forest fire down there. .

However, it needs to be reported.

1.5 miles - with some other things that might be going on, not sure how the weekend's going to work out but, if it does, Sunday's 50K'll be the first one since 2008 so I should be tapering as I never used to have any trouble doing but, with temps into the low sixties, I drove the five miles down to the end of the island to a the people part of a bridle park I've never been to at about mile 6 of last month's half marathon.  Since it wasn't known for the stairs I like at the nearer-by Hillside Park, I assumed it would be kind of lame but, even though no stairs, lots of traversing, including a deep enough ravine in the people to provide enough of a workout in only one-and-a-half miles that I shouldn't have any trouble tapering now for the next four days.

Falcon - that 70 mile loop up to the ski area and back down

sounds like something our italiana dea francesca

would run in her heyday.

ps - nice quarter marathon.

We have several half-to-full runs here in the PNW

with one 6.55 mile out-and-back for the half

and two for the full.

My super-cute biking skort from REI worked very well indeed, so that was nice.  The shirt I got at the same time was ok, but sort of cheap-feeling.  Since I paid $0.44 for the both of them, guess it's ok if the shirt feels cheap.

unless you were on the annual rebate,

your REI has much better sales than ours.

Good job!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Dang-it, Tramps!  Sorry about the Caps. I woke up around 1:00 to check the score...and pee.  Oh, well, like we Minnesota sports fans always say, “There’s always next year.”