Masters Running

Tuesday Trots...24 Nov (Read 402 times)

Am I starting the daily? Hmmmmm.

6.1 this AM, 49:30....a few miles of that were at a sproinky MP.

I just got an order for a Shaker trestle-legged table.....woohoo! Off to the lumber mill.... Walt

Hey, nice that you got an Order Walt!  Make it a nice one!

Nice run too.  Mine was 6 miles in just under 55 minutes.  I felt really good today.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Morning Walt and Bill and the running gang!

Walt - congrats on the order!  Will we get to see a pic of the finished product??  My Dad was an accomplished cabinet builder as was my Grandfather.   I miss working with wood - will have to get back to it when I retire.

Bill - good for you!

Holly - congrats on the A - no surprise there!

Erika - hope that pesky tooth isn't too bothersome.

Tammy - thanks for posting the link for the cookies - yum!  Time to think about some Christmas baking. 

SteveP - Tag is pretty smart - you never know what might lurking in a paper bag ;-).

dg - I have photos from the show, but I have to get them scanned.  One of my training partners videotaped our first run, but she hasn't sent me the link yet. 

Poopy run on the treadmill this morning.  My throat is thick, and I think I probably picked up a virus over the weekend.  7 miles @ 10:12 and 155 AHR.

I've been streaming  Christmas music to my work computer for the last couple of weeks.  My co-workers think I'm insane,  but I love it. 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Tramps

Walt--I second (or is it third?) the request for photos of your work!

I'm not sure "trots" should be in the daily thread title though.  Isn't that a euphemism for something else? Yuck.

Easy 5.3 today @ 8:55.  I really shouldn't be able to run this easily two days after a marathon.  It confirms that those gag/retch issues really prevented me from pushing as hard as I could have in my marathon.  I need to figure out how to address this more directly if I'm going to have any hope of improving.  If I could overcome this, look out PRs!

Be safe. Be kind.

dg.

Tramps. want me to send you some of my pretzels?  Maybe I should try them first.     ....  similar thoughts here re the thread titles lately!  ;-). 

Bill, I am so glad to hear that!

Walt, very cool.  I was thinking about a picture of that too.   Sounds like a fun project.

Sue, ok, one of these days.  Smile.   And the video would be wonderful to see!!!  Sorry you're not feeling well.   I've been fighting with something for a few weeks now, with varying success.   Take care of yourself!  I think that was a pretty good run for a poopy one. 

5.61 miles for me at a 9:46 pace.  8:08 max.  3 hill sprints toward the end.    Miles were 10:11, 9:44, 9:38, 9:40, & 9:39.  I think this week will be a recovery week, (I aimed at 5 this morning)  although I'm only in my second training week.  But my LRs have been 10, 12, 10, & 11.  I think I should have a shorter one before I build up more, but am not sure.  Any opinions on that?  Another thing is, this will be an 18 week plan. flipping it on top of the 24 week, week 8 is recovery anyway. 

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Tramps... you should try to simulate the gagging during training.  Maybe try injesting all the stuff you do on raceday while doing a hard long run (20 miler).

That gaging still has to be better than Sue's "Poopy run on the treadmill..." Big grin

Trot seem a bit agressive to me.

6 mile walk with the Tory and Sadie in 1:33:42 (timed it for no good reason)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

dg... a stepback (recovery) week every 3rd or 4th week is a good thing. Also includes stepping back on the LR before going the next notch up.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

Walt – thanks for the start today.

Mariposai – good luck with your interview!

Tammy – thanks for the recipe – I love gingersnaps!

Dg – I’m still waiting for the chocolate pretzel fueling report....

{{{Sue}}} - hope you feel better soon

{{{Erika}}} – I hate dental stuff...

6.9 miles outside for me outside today in 46°, with miles 2 and 3 @ (7:54, 7:50) and the rest around 9:5X, then on the TM I did this:

(2 min. @ 8:20/1 min. @ 10:00/1 min. @ 7:30/1 min. @ 10:00)  x 3

Plus CD made 9.05 miles total

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Jlynne

Good morning good people. Walt - my kids have destroyed all of my living room tables. Pictures would be great. Oh - and do you deliver?

That ginger snap recipe sounds so good I'm going to use that as one of our Thanksgiving desserts. Thanks Tammy. And I'd love some of dg's pretzels!

Sue - sorry you've got the crud. It seems like there's a lot of it going around right now. My DH is just getting over a cold he's had for almost 2 weeks.

Where have  Mary, PDR and WRFB been lately?

Holly - great work on the exam. What a wonderful example you've set for your kids! Look at how mom does it all - works, cleans, runs, and still manages to study hard and get perfect grades. Will you be doing taxes next year?

5 miles this morning, 9:47 pace in 47° damp, foggy weather. We're supposed to have snow for Thanksgiving which is going to make that Turkey Trot interesting...

The CellCom Green Bay Marathon opened registration today! It's the weekend of May 14-16, and the opening kickoff party is January 6. They're bringing in Bill Rodgers as the guest speaker. Anyone interested????? I'd love some visitors.

Haven't gotten out to run yet as it's still morning but wanted to drop by and say Congrats to Holly--you are a superwoman, for true. 

.....................................................now, if you do sign up to do taxes in 2010, be very clear that you need to set careful time limits.  You don't want to get so overworked that you are too tired to have fun in Boston!

Hey Jlynne--the Packers & Lions are back on Thursday!  Too bad about Stafford's injury.  Maybe Dante can keep it interesting. 

If we come out for the marathon, will Will be cheering us on at the finish?  In a cheese hat?

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles

Renee the dog

I'm sitting next to Holly next time I have to take a test! Congratulations on your A!!!!!!!!

Will try to post my race report before tomorrow.  I'm still writing and apparently I'm paid by the word.   In the meantime, if you want to see my race photos, go to www.uscandids.com.   Choose Rehoboth Marathon 09, and I'm bib 173. 

No run today, but I feel completely recovered.  Can walk up and down stairs just fine and all that.  I feel quite lucky to be able to get down and play trains and the like with the kids!

Walt, that sound like a nice order! Have fun creating it!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Trots, Poopy treadmill run . . . . this is shaping up to b e a stinker of a thread today.

Walt - I have to 4th or 5th or 6th the request for a picture of said table when it's done.  Nothing like true craftsmanship.

30 min of stationary biking to "Without a Trace," (the guy ended up being dead - bummer), followed by 1.25 hrs of some stupid made-for-TV movie and core/strength exercises.  Pleasantly pooped tired.

Any Turkey Trotters this Thursday?  Me - Six Rivers Running Club 5k Turkey Trot in Old Town Eureka.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

sue, congrats to you and Jessee at the dog show.  holly, congrats to you on your A for both the final and the class.

Nice long runs for ribs, wild, franc, hopeful, and holly.  Good job on the speedwork for holly.

This morning, it was in the low to mid 40s with a light breeze.  I struggled through 12 hard miles in about 2:02 for a 10:10 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

evanflein

Marathon Maniac #957

Look at how mom does it all - works, cleans, runs, and still manages to study hard and get perfect grades. 

Well, er.... the cleaning part has been slacking a bit of late....

Nono - I LOVE that shot!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."