Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 10.25.17 (Read 35 times)

Tammy- Unfair advantage to David! 

TomW - Hopefully bundling is a good thing.

Insurance - We elected to drop The Hub's insurance through my work when it came up for renewal at the beginning of the month.  Once again, the coverage got worse and at $1,000 a month, we simply can't afford it anymore.  We can put some of that cost in savings and pay a much smaller amount for the no insurance penalty come tax time.  He's going to be looking into less expensive, crappy insurance, but until then, keeping fingers crossed nothing happens to him.  I am so blessed my employers pay for my insurance!

I had a second chiro appt yesterday.  He started mashing around in the side of my right hip and .  Sent me home with the same knee squeeze exercise ("Let's not be so aggressive this time"), specific foam roller instructions, and instructions to not do any adductor work for now, since that seems to be the  culprit for increased pelvis area pain.  I WAS able to sit comfortably for a longer period of time this morning and at lunch, but I can tell that wearing pants is still out of the question.

Okay - Again, back to work!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Got home from Dallas last night and was so tired this morning that I only did 1.5 miles.  Had to be at work early for my 5 year service anniversary breakfast (not just for me).  It was fun and nice and the "fun fact" about me was my running streak.  I suspected they were going to say something about the streak when my assistant started emailing me yesterday with questions and said "they were talking and were guessing how long my streak was now".   Anyway-  I hope to do more after work.  The pace bunny made a dent in my progress today.

Edited-   3.1 miles on the treadmill after work so I'm still ahead of the bunny.  4.6 miles for the day.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

metalmancpa

6.44 miles - 8:56/mile pace

spacityrunner

2.3 miles around the workplace in IRC.  11:20 m/m....zoom zoom

Trails Rock!

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Tomorrow is our section meet, so it will be the last meet of the year for most of the kids.  Before the season began, I truly believed our girls would be competing for the top 3 spots at state...now, I'm really not sure we'll even make it.  I know that two will go as individuals but, I just don't feel good about our chances.  We really need our 4th and 5th runners to have their all time best performance.   The boys...I don't see any of them making it.  But--they have surprised me before--hopefully, tomorrow, I'll be shocked.

I did 12 miles, today, while the kids did their final tune up.  10 miles were at tempo pace...it went pretty well.  My left glute is becoming a pain in the butt.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, meeting heck day at work.  But did get in 8.2 miles before teaching spin (same profile as last night) on base.  Easy pace.  Temps dropped some and it was quite enjoyable.

I can vouch for the caramel M & M's....pretty good.  Still like the peanut butter better, but the caramel is good.  Picked up a bag of Halloween pumpkin spice M & M's.  Last year they added it to milk chocolate....not good; this year it's a white chocolate with the pumpkin spice and those are much better.

Technically (by Briggs Myers) I'm an introvert.  I can work with groups (have to) but it is tiring (not energizing) for me.  As for public speaking, I started lecturing at Mass my senior year in high school (my father was one) to try and get comfortable with public speaking.  Can't say I'm comfortable, but it certainly improved.  Probably another reason Opus and I get along (even if he spent his career breaking jets and I've spent mine fixing them....).

So I'm partially through Command and Control: Nuclear Weapons, the Damascus Accident and the Illusion of Control.  Pretty good, it tells the detailed story of the Titan II missile explosion in Damascus, Arkansas (you may have seen the 60 Minutes story) and interspersed throughout that are "flashbacks" to other accidents/incidents that have occurred since these weapons began being developed.

Holly, my wife would probably list Heath bars as her favorite as well.

. . .left glute is becoming a pain in the butt.

Do tell . . . .

Stop talking about caramel M&Ms!  . . . Please . . . 

Falconfixer - That's a book The Hub would probably like.  I'll have to keep it in mind.

Decided to introduce other cardio to my routine to help build my stamina back up, so I broke out the ole The Firm DVDs.  . . . . Egads.  Glad I picked the 30 min one . . . .

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

metalmancpa

Regarding favorite candy, by far my favorite is to seek out 70%-80% premium dark chocolate and get bars/break-offs. Going to a store, M&M Peanut, without question is my favorite.

6.5 @ 8:05

Still hot here, I went running close to sundown again. Because I loath running in the morning. I planned on 9-10 but it got dark faster than expected so I bailed on the extra short loop.

Candy; call me fruity. I prefer sour gummies over jelly beans, and jelly beans over chocolate. But I'll eat them all. You can't stop me.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

metalman, still on taper, I assume. Good luck!

evanflein

Ok Surly Bill, I'd sure love to hear the backstory of your username and that picture in your profile. Egads...

GL to all the XC runners this week, hope they do well!

Tired here and not going to try to catch up. I took a rest day yesterday because I just couldn't get out for a run, and we got home so late after "must-do" shopping on the way home, it just wasn't gonna happen. I'm thinking hitting my 200 mile goal for this month isn't going to happen, but that's ok, it'll be close I'm sure. We got more snow last night, and it really warmed up today (above freezing) so the path was very soft and slippery. I did get out for 6.2 miles though, sort of a struggle on the way out (uphill trend) but better on the way back. So it goes. G'nite all.

@evan; ha ha! My normal social media name is surly old bill, or SOB for short. keepin' it real. The pic is of me as Doctor Rockso at a rock'n'roll themed adult birthday party, I even learned how to twist balloons for that gig, and did a few songs. Totally upstaged the guys that came as KISS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoLPNugopMc

Also, there's a halloween costume 5k this weekend, I may or may not run it as Dr Rockso.

Without a sense of humor, what's the point? Anyone that takes themselves too seriously is suspicious.