Masters Running

Thursday - I think... Master Runs and What Not (Read 442 times)

King of PhotoShop

Walt, regarding last night's post, next time you do a track workout decide first if you expect to get deep into oxygen debt and push, or are you working on form, speed, leg turnover.  With your 400's you certainly got the latter, but the way you constructed it you wouldn't get the former.  Well done just the same.

4.5 recovery for me today.  Gorgeous day here in N. TX.  Spareribs

Mariposai

Holly, I don't know if they have a calendar, but they need to certify or re-certify every year. As of this year they have cultural competency as part of their curriculum for certification....so I will have the awesome honor of helping them start in their journey of cultural understanding...or not .

Actually I am a bit nervous about today's presentation because I know they will be a tough crowd to please and to engage. Maybe I should wear my wings with my pink suit...

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Unbeknownst to Mariposai, I was able to get a picture of her "audience" . . . is she just the luckiest person around or what??

We've had a few cooler days here, with some daily rain, so my garden has absolutely flourished the last couple days. My lettuce, peas and radishes, which like the cooler weather, are really starting to grow now. I was afraid I'd have to just let those go because we were having so much warm weather and they weren't thriving at all.

Will do 5 RAW miles.

Tim - good workout. Not sure why it's disappointing after you've had so many runs these past two wks where you said you struggled with a 10 min mile pace. I would think this one, with those fast times, would have felt real good to you - like you were finally on your comeback. I'll be doing my 20 mile run this Saturday also. I hope yours is a good one!

Tammy

Renee the dog

Actually I am a bit nervous about today's presentation because I know they will be a tough crowd to please and to engage. Maybe I should wear my wings with my pink suit...

Oh, I remember those days.  Once, I was delivering a presentation to a roomful of NY State Troopers.  Someone asked a pointed question, and I responded, "Oh, all of you are going to hate this answer."  And at that moment, I suddenly became aware that I was presenting to a roomful of people with loaded weapons.

I told them what just crossed my mind, and then said, "And that's what makes us a civilized society.  We can disagree vehemently, but I'll leave here with my life."  One of the people in the room retorted back, "Yeah, but we might ticket you on the Thruway."     

Long story to say, I hope you have more fun than you expect to have, and at least they don't have guns! 

Just got done some strengthening work and 30 min of slide boarding.  I'm now at the level I want to maintain on that device through marathon training.  Yahoo!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mariposai

Thanks tammy, I shall think of this picture when I face my audience today

I think I will NOT wear my pink suit...respectable black suit it will be

thanks for the story nono...I hope to meet you someday!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Top 'O the World!

I must say that looks like a tough group to present anything to!   Good Luck!!

Been cooler here on the Front Range too....mixed w/sometimes impressive T-storms & snow up higher...sure got this guy confused!

4.25 pleasant mental health miles @ 47*F, overcast.....purfekt!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                Tammy - Now that's a way to start they day!  Nice stimulating visual effect!

6 sticky, sort of hilly miles this a.m.  I actually wore shorts and a short-sleeved shirt, and I never do that in the predawn hours.  Usually too chilly.  It was "warm," but lots of heavy, thick fog.  Did the 6 miles in under an hour, which is my fastest time for that distance yet, even with some hill work thrown in.  Didn't do as many hills as normal 'cause the calves are still pretty sore.

Hope you all have a great day ~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Thanks tammy, I shall think of this picture when I face my audience today

I think I will NOT wear my pink suit...respectable black suit it will be

thanks for the story nono...I hope to meet you someday!

well they do say that when you have to give a speech before a large audience, to just picture them in their underwear . . . but I know you Nancy, you are more reserved and proper, so I figured just shirtless would still have the same effect.

Tammy

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yet another perfect day.  We're going to get spoiled.  I ran 3.2 miles, then went to my boot camp, where I fit in another 1.2 miles between agility circuits.  I told DH that if I don't kill myself with all this work, I will be in good shape!

Lots of computer drafting to do now.  We're working on a project to turn two buildings built around 1900 into luxury apartments.  Kind of a messy, tedious job.  The investors don't understand why the structural design costs are so high - we tell them it's because every detail is unique, but they don't get it.  Oh, well!

Have a wonderful afternoon!

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

72° F

83%

1.21 miles warm-up (went too fast, paid for it later)

First 1000 at 7:47 pace

.14 easy

Next 1000 at 7:57 pace

.13 easy

Gave up on this track effort because HR going up and pace slowing, serving no purpose. Ran easily in Lane 8 until the rest of the folks finished their workout.  Sigh.

Forgot to write my total mileage for the morning:  5.21.  Darn.

Tammy - nice photo!!  I saw those guys on one of the daytime talk shows - can't remember which one, but they were cooking some "fireman" food.  I didn't pay any attention to the recipe..........

SLO - you have more willpower than I do if you can do a weekly run without your Garmin.  I'm just a data junky - I admit it......

twocat - I got the plain old 405 model.  It locks on to the satellites instantly, and I haven't encountered a situation (thick trees or tall buildings) where I've lost reception.  The 310XT model can be used in the swimming pool, and the newest 405CX has enhanced calorie tracking ability - not something I'm willing to pay a whole lot extra cash for at this stage. 

I hate meetings scheduled over the lunch hour - kept me from  my weight session today - rats.......

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Hum, Mariposai, will you be telling those guys that you are an Ultra Virgin?    Woods Lady    PS don't tell Econo I am talking like that, please. 
                          TammyinGP

Hum, Mariposai, will you be telling those guys that you are an Ultra Virgin?    Woods Lady    PS don't tell Econo I am talking like that, please. 

We won't tell Econo, if you don't tell my husband that I have a picture of half nekkid fireman in my photobucket

Tammy

Top 'O the World!

they're only half nekkid....what's to worry about?
                              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                              xor

14 easy miles this morning in 75 degree muggy warmth with some non-fizzy non-burping lifting.

I'm supposed to do 4.5 more this afternoon w/ some strides.  However, the forecast is calling for 90 today.  Gonna make those strides interesting, I think.

I'm headed to Kona in about a week to do some heat training, drinking, and reliving of a few ironman memories.  I wasn't expecting to get in a week of heat training in Seattle before my actual heat training.  This is all good stuff.

Beats the hell out of snow.